IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

29 minutes ago, Mickeyblue62 said:

Neil Warnock has no integrity whatsoever, just ask people who have played for him. BS is not my first choice but after 50 years of watching the Blues (45 as a season ticket holder) I don’t care who it is. Every single boss out there is a gamble. I didn’t want the manager of Blackburn Rovers in 1981 and look how that turned out. I did want RK and, again, look how that turned out. Sam is not a crook as some on here seem to suggest. What he is is a very experienced take no bullshit manager who tried to help a mate out and lost all he dreamed of. No reflection on his qualities as a manager.

As I said not my first choice but possibly just what is needed.

I don't think Allardyce is a crook either, what he got caught talking about is rife in football, he was only singled out because he was England manager. I'm more concerned about the fact that he is way over the hill as a manager whose only achievements in football since he took Bolton into Europe have been avoiding relegation. Your luck has to run out somewhere. 

I picked out Warnock mainly for the age similarity and the fact that he talks as if he doesn't really want to manage anymore. At least he has found a second wind in his current job at Cardiff. What would Allardyce be coming here for, a nice fat pay check ahead of retirement or a final stab at improving his legacy? 

Not sure how you’d define a crook, but someone explaining how to get around rules is guilty of breaking the law. 

26 SeptemberEdit

On 26 September, the Daily Telegraphpublished footage filmed by undercover reporters in which the then-England manager Sam Allardyce is shown speaking with fictitious Asian businessmen, detailing how to get around FIFA and Football Association bans on third-party ownership of football players,[1] before making derogatory comments about former England assistant manager Gary Neville and previous England manager Roy Hodgson.[3]Allardyce subsequently spoke about HM Revenue and Customs, calling them the "most corrupt business in the world", Allardyce himself having been caught up in alleged tax fraud schemes in the past.[4]

Lovely bloke :dry:

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Say what you like about Walsh, I don't think he has done much at all since coming in. Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Rooney, Williams, Keane are all Koeman signings for sure and they have been disasterous. I'd suggest Walsh is responsible for Sandro though.

What are you basing that on? Walsh was hired to lead recruitment, that's my understanding of a DoF role anyway. If he isn't to blame for any of the Koeman signings, what are we paying him for? 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure how you’d define a crook, but someone explaining how to get around rules is guilty of breaking the law. 

26 SeptemberEdit

On 26 September, the Daily Telegraphpublished footage filmed by undercover reporters in which the then-England manager Sam Allardyce is shown speaking with fictitious Asian businessmen, detailing how to get around FIFA and Football Association bans on third-party ownership of football players,[1] before making derogatory comments about former England assistant manager Gary Neville and previous England manager Roy Hodgson.[3]Allardyce subsequently spoke about HM Revenue and Customs, calling them the "most corrupt business in the world", Allardyce himself having been caught up in alleged tax fraud schemes in the past.[4]

Lovely bloke :dry:

Him and the rest of the football world mate, it's how it works. When there's that much money involved, everyone's doing something dirty. 

15 minutes ago, nogs said:

Him and the rest of the football world mate, it's how it works. When there's that much money involved, everyone's doing something dirty. 

I cannot put into words how much i despise this man. He’s up there with the Tories for me; arrogance with no basis, fucks over what ever he touches. 

I’d take Tony fucking Pulis or MoN before him, and if that doesn’t get my distaste across, nothing will. 

I’ll admit though, a large portion of my anger is coming from Moshiri and his approach to the club. He’s selling us out to become another soulless money making machine for a rich guy. I was dubious when he came and so far I’ve had every right to have been. He’s another that thinks ambition just means spending lots cash. He doesn’t get the club, i don’t think he cares so long as he makes a profit, and bar the stadium news (credit is due there), everything he’s said or done has been detrimental. 

Can you tell I’m a little emotional about all this? Don’t know whether to laugh, cry or smash screens in anger using just my glare. 

2 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Naive and Unrealistic*

Why? We supposedly had money, are supposedly looking for top6 or higher. That’s not naive, that’s hope. Unrealistic, maybe. I prefer ambitious because it sounds more positive and fuck me there’s very little to be positive about at the moment so I’m holding on to any little chance. Don’t take it away from me :shakingfist: 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why? We supposedly had money, are supposedly looking for top6 or higher. That’s not naive, that’s hope. Unrealistic, maybe. I prefer ambitious because it sounds more positive and fuck me there’s very little to be positive about at the moment so I’m holding on to any little chance. Don’t take it away from me :shakingfist: 

Yeah, but a horribly inbalanced squad and with the TV Money, every PL team has money and breaking down the top six will prove very difficult for any team. Tuchel and Ancelotti are waiting for one of those jobs to open up. Remember when I mentioned that our revenue is closer to Bournemouth than it is to Spurs?

We went after Silva, who appears would've been a great signing but were told off. No idea if we enquired about Dyche or Howe (No idea why we wouldn't.....). Ancelotti, Tuchel are unrealistic.

Every other name is either out of left field (Rangick, Benfica manager), unproven (Think Championship managers, Unsworth), or an old and tired name (Moyes, Big Sam, Pulis, Pardew). Not sure where to put AVB. 

1 minute ago, Paddock said:

@Matt just out of curiosity would you prefer Allerdyce and stay up or a different manager and relegation?

How the hell am I supposed to answer that?! I might as well ask you “do you want Fat Sam and be relegated or a different manager and stay up?”

There is obviously something wrong behind the scenes. Players are not performing and we need a hard-nosed experienced manager to sort it out and get any trouble makers out of the club. Unsworth was never going to sort this out.  His situation was impossible. He desperately wanted the job but couldn't afford to rock any boats and upset players and the players knew it.  I don't want Allardyce but it needs someone like him to come in and sort the mess out.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

How the hell am I supposed to answer that?! I might as well ask you “do you want Fat Sam and be relegated or a different manager and stay up?”

Easy- answer what you would want- fat Sam and stay up or a different manager and go down- there is only 2 options and whichever one you picked happens.

4 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Easy- answer what you would want- fat Sam and stay up or a different manager and go down- there is only 2 options and whichever one you picked happens.

Of course I choose stay up. If that malignant cunt of a being gets the job, I want him gone at the end of the season regardless of whether he wins every game and a cup. I’m not a believer in “win at all costs”, I want to win with class and style and he will not deliver that. Mind you, considering our approach in signings (Koeman, Gylfi, persuit of Silva - very akin to the shites bullying persuit of players, eg VVD) I fear the Everton I know and have loved for 25 years is already dead. 

21 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Yeah, but a horribly inbalanced squad and with the TV Money, every PL team has money and breaking down the top six will prove very difficult for any team. Tuchel and Ancelotti are waiting for one of those jobs to open up. Remember when I mentioned that our revenue is closer to Bournemouth than it is to Spurs?

We went after Silva, who appears would've been a great signing but were told off. No idea if we enquired about Dyche or Howe (No idea why we wouldn't.....). Ancelotti, Tuchel are unrealistic.

Every other name is either out of left field (Rangick, Benfica manager), unproven (Think Championship managers, Unsworth), or an old and tired name (Moyes, Big Sam, Pulis, Pardew). Not sure where to put AVB. 

washed up in a retirement league.

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Of course I choose stay up. If that malignant cunt of a being gets the job, I want him gone at the end of the season regardless of whether he wins every game and a cup. I’m not a believer in “win at all costs”, I want to win with class and style and he will not deliver that. Mind you, considering our approach in signings (Koeman, Gylfi, persuit of Silva - very akin to the shites bullying persuit of players, eg VVD) I fear the Everton I know and have loved for 25 years is already dead. 

Good lad Matt- I’m proud of you. A few more years of brow beating you’ll be a bitter win at all cost twat like me. I’d play the fucking  trombone up and down the shites hotel coridoor before the Derby if I could and poison their dinners.

Good lad Matt- I’m proud of you. A few more years of brow beating you’ll be a bitter win at all cost twat like me. I’d play the ducks ng trombone up and down the shites hotel coridoor before the Derby if I could and poison their dinners.

Fucking hope not :P

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fucking hope not :P

Fuck them all mate- they’d all sell us up the river without a second thought, nobody else is arsed about us so why should we be arsed about them. We should be proper snide cunts- poach peoples players, managers, coaches the lot. 

Fuck them all mate- they’d all sell us up the river without a second thought, nobody else is arsed about us so why should we be arsed about them. We should be proper snide cunts- poach peoples players, managers, coaches the lot. 

The moment we act like that is the day I give up. 

You’ll never give up.

Ive already scaled back my love of the game drastically from 3 years ago. Since Moshiri took over, I’ve not gone out of my way to always make sure I’m somewhere where I can watch the game. 

I’ve always maintained that my relationship with Everton is an addiction rather than a love affair. At a certain point it’s time to kick an addiction, and if we become the soulless shell, the addiction will be dead. 

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ive already scaled back my love of the game drastically from 3 years ago. Since Moshiri took over, I’ve not gone out of my way to always make sure I’m somewhere where I can watch the game. 

I’ve always maintained that my relationship with Everton is an addiction rather than a love affair. At a certain point it’s time to kick an addiction, and if we become the soulless shell, the addiction will be dead. 

Fair enough mate but to me it’s different- you don’t turn your back on it, it’s either in you or it isn’t.