IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

25 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Fonseca please 

Why him? What has he done? Won a title with Porto. Won a national cup with Braga and won a title and cup with Shakhtar. Sounds promising, only if he wasn't managed the best teams in competitions with literally no competition.

5 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Why him? What has he done? Won a title with Porto. Won a national cup with Braga and won a title and cup with Shakhtar. Sounds promising, only if he wasn't managed the best teams in competitions with literally no competition.

1.  Pacos de Ferreira he got them into Europe for the first time ever, tiny club.  Hardly a best team.  

2.Plays attractive attacking football (unlike other 2 choices).  

3. Isn’t an English old boy

4. Better shot of getting talented Portuguese and Brazilians (see Wolverhampton)

5. Name is not Sam Allardyce or Martin o Neil 

For those who do not want Allardyce, or the usual "safe pair of hands"....what about Wagner at Huddersfield? Young, promising, doing well at the moment, and with connections in Europe.
I'd love him, but he fully believes in what he's built at Huddersfield. Can't see him leaving.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

1.  Pacos de Ferreira he got them into Europe for the first time ever, tiny club.  Hardly a best team.  

2.Plays attractive attacking football (unlike other 2 choices).  

3. Isn’t an English old boy

4. Better shot of getting talented Portuguese and Brazilians (see Wolverhampton)

5. Name is not Sam Allardyce or Martin o Neil 

Shakhtar have had Brazillian's (players) for many years, it isn't the current manager who introduced this.

Ferreira might be a good long term pick next June, but he would really need to pull a number to fix us this season. We can't afford for him to get acquainted with a competitive league and a one sided squad with no confidence.

Sadly Allardyce, for the short term, looks like the best bet of the current 3 touted. What a horror.

I would be disgusted if Everton chose Crooked Sam, for several reasons.

• The man is a crook and simply not to be trusted. What message would it send if we turned a blind eye to this?
  • He's not one for playing youngsters. The average age of the starting XI would rise considerably and talented youngsters would be dropped.
  • It would demonstrate a complete lack of ambition.

And did I say the man is a crook?

8 hours ago, MC11 said:

Fella must be broke. Louis minted

Not really- I donate to the board anyway- this just makes it an interesting way of doing it. I don’t you post much these days though unless it’s to turn up and pretend you get everything right or insult people over the internet- your self esteem in real life must be at rock bottom.

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

I will be fuming if Unsworth is let go. Same with Jeffers and to an extent Dunc.

I just really hope it isn' true. This isn' being ruthless from Mohsiri, it' being a cunt. 

Why Jeffers? The little wingnut fucked us off for Arsenal when they came calling- Unsworth is the only one who deserves to stay imo.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Not really- I donate to the board anyway- this just makes it an interesting way of doing it. I don’t you post much these days though unless it’s to turn up and pretend you get everything right or insult people over the internet- your self esteem in real life must be at rock bottom.

Kinell Patrick. I'm only tickling your belly

16 minutes ago, Paddock said:

If we hire the fella from Shaktar it absolutely smacks of when Villa hird Reme Garde - he’ll relegate us- we’re a fucking shambles hiring an unknown knew to the prem the way we are is suicide imo. 

That's not a fair comparison. Garde had only coached and managed at Lyon when he joined Villa, he'd been on the staff there 10 years, no external experience. Fonseca has loads more managerial experience, and Porto, Braga and Shaktar are big clubs. I'd say he's better qualified than Silva, who was brand new to the Prem in January himself. 

3 hours ago, nogs said:

It makes sense.

I know Sam seemingly wants to make  more money and that seems like the obvious 'go to' here, however the man doesn't want just the rest of the year in charge, to move on when the season is finished. If it was about money he would have done the same with Palace, or I'm sure he would have taken one of many job offers he has had since he left Sunderland. 

It's a good opportunity for Sam to have a go at a proper club, with a proper budget to test his skills with. 

Im sure the 'convincing' will be the board not being likely to sack him after the season has finished if we stay up. It wouldn't surprise me if the contract includes clauses stating that he can't be sacked if he meets certain criteria within a set time frame.

I mean, you tell him to 'fuck off', but he was the one that seemed to have been messed around by the board, he's playing them and so he should be. So should anyone if they have any sense. 

3 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I mean, you tell him to 'fuck off', but he was the one that seemed to have been messed around by the board, he's playing them and so he should be. So should anyone if they have any sense. 

Didn't he say there was no contact from us? If there wasn't, how could we have messed him about? 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

That's not a fair comparison. Garde had only coached and managed at Lyon when he joined Villa, he'd been on the staff there 10 years, no external experience. Fonseca has loads more managerial experience, and Porto, Braga and Shaktar are big clubs. I'd say he's better qualified than Silva, who was brand new to the Prem in January himself. 

Both unknown quantities- he flopped at Porto didn’t he?

11 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Both unknown quantities- he flopped at Porto didn’t he?

Wiki - Only there less than a season won the Super Cup then was relieved of his duties with them in 3rd 9 points behind Benfica 

They finished 13 points behind Benfica that season after his dismissal, hard to say if he flopped tbh won a cup had a small run of bad results and got potted to which the club fell slightly further behind with Castro in charge 

He's a risk as any manager is but it depends on how you view our situation are we in the dire need category to warrant an Allerdyce type or do we have the games a transfer window and the core to turn it around with chancing an up and coming foreign manager like Fonseca.... 

It's a tough call tbh you'd be delusional to think this side isn't on a slippery slope but I still believe we have more than enough time coupled with the January window to turn things around without the likes of Allerdyce being at the helm but that's just my personal opinion 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don’t we also have to pay Palace around £2m if we hire him?

I think he has to pay them. But I’m sure he’ll negotiate that into the deal, he’s. It daft. 

I never even wanted to entertain the idea of Sam here. But these performances have just made me think this team actually needs him. That worries and upsets me in equal measure. 

May be in a huge minority here but I actually want Allardyce in. I think he will sort the club out on the pitch and that's all I care about. I think he will keep us up and I think he will have us playing to a system that works. This is not the time to experiment.

Edited by Formby