IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I can get over Allardyce and I actually like Shakespeare but Sammy fucking Lee...

I think Shakespeare is a good idea. He's quite well thought of. Allardyce I've accepted, have to really.9

Bit, yeah, Sammy Lee??? Where the fuck has he sprung up from? Can't believe it.

5 minutes ago, Paddock said:

It’s how the Vatican announces a Pope has been selected- black smoke if they’ve not decided yet- white if it’s done and dusted you fucking heathen 😂😂

Ah yes, that rings a bell.

My general knowledge is fuckin rubbish!!!

As Nogs (I think) said, at a time when unity is needed this appointment will not unite fans and the atmosphere will be toxic. 

How could it not be when so many fans are dead against it? There are loads saying they won’t even go any more, and even if he keeps us up if he’s still in charge for next season I could see season ticket sales suffering. 

Personally, I won’t stop going but I can’t support him as our manager. I just can’t. 

This has got disaster written all over it. 

2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Louis- I’m trying to pay the 10er I bet with Brett but when I click donate it wont take me to paypal site it just asks for my card details mate- not sure I want to type those in- sooner pay via paypal.

I clicked it last night and it took me to PayPal. Just keep trying.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

As Nogs (I think) said, at a time when unity is needed this appointment will not unite fans and the atmosphere will be toxic. 

How could it not be when so many fans are dead against it? There are loads saying they won’t even go any more, and even if he keeps us up if he’s still in charge for next season I could see season ticket sales suffering. 

Personally, I won’t stop going but I can’t support him as our manager. I just can’t. 

If things were done properly, we should never have been in this position.

I'm trying my best to accept just because I can't be arsed to be angry over things I can't control.

But it is so, so, so disappointing that we find ourselves in the situation. We should be miles away from appointments like this. Now we've joined a list of clubs that we should be no where near instead of turning the top 6 into a 7.

I hope fans that go regularly ask the right questions via big fuck off banners before kick off, put them away to support the team, then get them back out afterwards and linger around for a bit.

More than anything, and I'm not just saying this, season ticket holders deserve to be given some time to air their views. And we all deserve some level of respect as to what the plan is now.

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If he gets us winning again they’ll all be on board- football fans are fickle like that- if we striggle under him however I shudder to think of the fallout

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

well.... what can I say.  Its been a farce hasn't it?

the most important thing is the club.  Get him in to do the job and that is it.  The whole org needs sorting from top to bottom.  Enough is enough. 

Also very true!

Just now, Newty82 said:

The players should be embarrassed aswell, that they've ended up playing under Allardyce and Lee. If that doesn't make them realise they aint superstars, nothing will.

But this will only make them feel, and thus perform, worse. It's a vote of no confidence in the team, which maybe justified but it's a kick in the bollocks to a squad with zero morale.

What’s his first job? Sort the pack four out and get rid of the dead wood. Martina,Williams, mirrallas and sort out the Barkley situation. Get proven quality in starting with two strikers. I’m sure he will be given a lot of money in January. Hopefully he still has one of his black books(legal one) with some gems and contacts. A real playmaker is needed. Make us hard to beat and finish top half with a good fa cup run. The hard work then starts in the summer. I wouldn’t mind a raid on Leicester for Mahrez and vardy. 

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Nogs- I’m not saying for one minute it is or I like it- it’s a fucking disgrace but there is nothing anyone can now do- it’s nothing short of shocking and gross negligence from the board.

But none of that means we have to have someone who “gets” us- I’m sick to the back teeth of hangers on who get the club.

Two things I'd say to that. Part of me thinks, probably for purely sentimental reasons, that football in this country has lost something from the days of an absolute club legend like Howard Kendall being able to come back as manager and lead the club to glory. And it is a weirdly English thing that that doesn't happen anymore - Bayern Munich is run by ex-players, Barcelona and Real Madrid have no qualms about promoting ex-players with zero managerial experience from the coaching staff to the manager's seat. So when we tried to go all 'continental' with our manager choices, actually the big clubs in Europe do what English clubs did a lot of the time, and recruit from within.

Putting that aside, I don't think 'getting the club' means you have to be an ex-player or lifelong fan. Every club is unique, it has its own traditions, identity and culture, especially among the fans. I think it is very important to get that as a manager - the most successful managers do. Alex Ferguson didn't just get Manchester United, he became Manchester United. Whatever you think of his legacy, David Moyes got us - the 'People's Club' stuff was a stroke of genius at a time when the club had been in the doldrums for a decade, and he brought in exactly the right kind of players, not just financially, but to fit with the ethos of what the fans wanted to see - tenacious, willing, streetwise, but with enough skill to play a bit of football ever now and then too.

Martinez didn't 'get' the club because he thought he could con the fans into believing shit was gold by using the word phenomenal three times every sentence, and he also failed to get the fact that we like to see defenders defending. Koeman didn't get the club in the way he treated certain players, his stubborn refusal to change tactics that weren't working, by buying utter shite and by generally just being a complete nob. Allardyce will buy shite, play shit football and expect us to accept midtable, which is the extent of his ability as a manager - he'd end up regretting coming here if he wasn't laughing all the way to the bank. Moshiri - well I don't think he gets football, nevermind us. I'm starting to think him investing in us was the worst thing that could have happened.

18 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

What’s his first job? Sort the pack four out and get rid of the dead wood. Martina,Williams, mirrallas and sort out the Barkley situation. Get proven quality in starting with two strikers. I’m sure he will be given a lot of money in January. Hopefully he still has one of his black books(legal one) with some gems and contacts. A real playmaker is needed. Make us hard to beat and finish top half with a good fa cup run. The hard work then starts in the summer. I wouldn’t mind a raid on Leicester for Mahrez and vardy. 

I have no idea what he can do until January. The defence is fucked, we have no other options. I'd say all he can do is put the players on a massive fitness kick and get the fighting, but that takes time. Recruitment wise, I had a look through his purchases at Palace, Sunderland, West Ham, Blackburn and Newcastle - not may gems in there, and a hell of a lot of shite.

1 minute ago, johnh said:

Just ruminating (they can't touch you for it) they say that truth is stranger than fiction. What odds would you have got, the day Koeman was appointed, if you had bet that Koeman would be sacked and replaced by Allardyce before 18 months was up?

All of them, all of the odds you wanted.