IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

3 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

The original rumours suggested Sam would only take the job if he could bring his whole crew. Maybe that's why we're no hearing of some of the positions being opened?

Surely him putting his people in charge of the academy and youth teams is nonsensical and shouldn't be tied to the senior team, especially if its a short term man at the top.

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He is not a bad player at all, he proved what he can do if you get him in the right areas of the pitch with that goal yesterday

Awful signing? At that price yes

Awful player ? Not a chance

Yes absolutely awful signing at that price. 

Rooney is still better than him in "his" position. As is Barkley. 

He will go down as the worst signing in our history.

4 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Do I shite. Point for me is nobody should get a free ride because they "love" the club. Unsworth has proved himself to be useless at the top level. 

Yawn. No one gave Unsworth a 'free ride.' He failed his audition to manage the first team in ridiculously trying circumstances, we move on. But before you took a disliking to him he won the U23s league last year and had us near the top again with a completely different team. Why sack the guy who is running one of the best youth systems in the country? 

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I can't believe Unsy is gone, if it is then we truly are becoming ruthless. 

Not sure how I feel about.

I can totally understand Ferguson being let go (I’ll be disappointed if that turns out to be BS :lol:) but getting rid of Unsworth is wrong imo. He stepped in because the clueless bastards in charge didn’t know wtf to do, it was a thankless task, and then he’s just told to fuck off because that cunt is coming in? 

10 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

The original rumours suggested Sam would only take the job if he could bring his whole crew. Maybe that's why we're no hearing of some of the positions being opened?

He'll have Nolan in as player coach next. Only takes staff that use the same dodgy agent. 

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently Ferguson has finally been shown door. 

Sadly the same rumours also say Unsworth has too. 

Don't believe Unsworth would be sacked when he was asked to stand in until they appointed new manager, surely the board have more class than that, just thank him for his efforts and let him go back to U23s.

The good thing about Big Sam is that it’ll be a ‘transitional’ appointment. Why back a Dyche or Howe if that’s not who we want long term? It’s clear who we want isn’t available so Allardyce will come on a 2yr deal or whatever and hopefully turn us into a much more organised unit. He may even excel in the role... a not fancied Harry Redknapp came in and sorted Spurs out a few years ago when not many would have given him a chance.

If Unsworth is to be given the boot tonight or tomorrow morning, who on earth takes charge against West Ham? How does a new manager pick a team having seen at best 1 training session? 

I'm nervous as fuck about Wednesday's game. If by some miracle Unsworth is still in charge, he and the players will know it's his last game and they'll be even less focussed than usual. Really, really don't want to lose to a Moyes team.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

The good thing about Big Sam is that it’ll be a ‘transitional’ appointment. Why back a Dyche or Howe if that’s not who we want long term? It’s clear who we want isn’t available so Allardyce will come on a 2yr deal or whatever and hopefully turn us into a much more organised unit. He may even excel in the role... a not fancied Harry Redknapp came in and sorted Spurs out a few years ago when not many would have given him a chance.

This is the one huge upside to Allardyce. If we picked Dyche or Howe or Silva, we'd basically be committing to them long term with them. In the summer, assuming we are sorted and willing to back a new man, a much wider range of managers will be available and interested.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can totally understand Ferguson being let go (I’ll be disappointed if that turns out to be BS :lol:) but getting rid of Unsworth is wrong imo. He stepped in because the clueless bastards in charge didn’t know wtf to do, it was a thankless task, and then he’s just told to fuck off because that cunt is coming in? 

Agree about Fergy, he should just have an ambassadorial role. Unsy has proven himslef  a very good youth team manager and developer of youth talent, and he is Everton through and through.

5 minutes ago, nogs said:

Yawn. No one gave Unsworth a 'free ride.' He failed his audition to manage the first team in ridiculously trying circumstances, we move on. But before you took a disliking to him he won the U23s league last year and had us near the top again with a completely different team. Why sack the guy who is running one of the best youth systems in the country? 

Are you his Mrs?

I don't mind what happens with him, if he goes back down fair enough.

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nah, I’ve been saying it since Martinez was sacked. He should’ve gone then. 

Im glad if they are getting rid of the current team as it starts something new, which is what we need. I dont know how anyone can say they know anything about Dunc's ability though. What influence does he have as first team coach? I dont know. I also dont know how we can judge him as one. He's worked under 3 different managers now and they've all been shite teams so maybe he does need sacking?? Unsworth, however, has proved to be totally incompetent and should never have talked himself up as he did. I always feared there was no way back for him if he had such a bad spell. He needs to go and interview for some league 1/2 jobs and work his way up. Could be a blessing in disguise for him.

8 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

This is the one huge upside to Allardyce. If we picked Dyche or Howe or Silva, we'd basically be committing to them long term with them. In the summer, assuming we are sorted and willing to back a new man, a much wider range of managers will be available and interested.

I think Silva is who we’ll wait around for though - maybe his situation changes next summer? We’ll see. I do think Sam will get a longer contract than we’d like to give him but that’ll ultimately mean than he’ll cost a bit more to get rid of should we need to - a lot less than Koeman and Martinez might I add.

Absolute joke bringing Allardyce in. I knew it was too good to be true in the summer. Only Everton could get a billionaire owner, spend shitloads on players, start the ball rolling with a new stadium and then totally fuck it up. Don't know why I keep getting my hopes up, I should know better by now.

Allerdyce favourite with Fonseca and O'Neil in the mix 

I hope Fonseca is seriously considered if it's Allerdyce on a short term deal to steady the ship then I can live with that but if it's O'Neil I will genuinely give up footie and convert to hand egg ball 😖

Fonseca - Moshiri 

Allerdyce - Walsh/BK

O'Neil - BK 

O'Neil smacks of Kenwright 🖕

1 minute ago, EFC-Paul said:

Allerdyce favourite with Fonseca and O'Neil in the mix 

I hope Fonseca is seriously considered if it's Allerdyce on a short term deal to steady the ship then I can live with that but if it's O'Neil I will genuinely give up footie and convert to hand egg ball 😖

Fonseca - Moshiri 

Allerdyce - Walsh/BK

O'Neil - BK 

O'Neil smacks of Kenwright 🖕

Yeah. The 3 names are meant to be Fonseca, O'Neil and Allardyce.

Final decision tomorrow supposedly.