IGNORED

January Transfer Window

20 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

The only player in our squad who has the x factor. I thought he showed signs of settling before his injury and people seem to have wrote him off after featuring in like 3 games this season despite spending a year out of action. 

I respect peoples opinion, but I see it as very harsh, give the lad the rest of the season and see where he is at then.

In my view, He is far better than Lookman and Vlasic who people on here seem to massively over rate.

I don't think Lookman and Vlasic are better right now. I just think Bolasie is a 28-year old winger who has shown flashes of skill throughout his 6ish years in the PL, but has never really put it together. The other two are 20 years old and need PL experience to get better, and I'd rather them get that experience than see Bolasie continue to frustrate by being almost good enough.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Only thing wrong with your team is the back four, Coleman won't be the same player when he comes back, and will have a hard job removing Kenny.  Keane will get in before Williams, and we might have to buy a RB to replacece Baines, other than that I like the rest.  

It's all about opinions and I've given you mine. ^_^

I like Kenny but I'm hoping Coleman has a couple more good years in his leg. I don't want Kenny going anywhere, though. He'll be good cover on either side and I think will benefit from playing behind Coleman for a year or two.

I also think Keane will be the better option eventually, but Holgate and Williams seem to work well together for now. And as much as I love Baines, I am hoping we replace him with someone a little quicker.

7 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I think he's out of his depth. At Burnley he was in a tight, compact defense with a midfield in front of him that was geared towards protecting the goal and launching counter attacks.

At Everton we are expected to play the ball out a bit more and generally have more possession of the ball (not that it has been happening mind). Keane doesn't really look like the kind of player that can play it out from the back and cover the wider areas when the full backs go forward.

For the price we paid we've been mugged off. Keane is a yard dog defender but comes across as a poodle.

We'll see. I just don't think we've had a clearly defined system all season, and it's manifested itself with pretty much all of our CBs being pretty shit.

15 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

The only player in our squad who has the x factor. I thought he showed signs of settling before his injury and people seem to have wrote him off after featuring in like 3 games this season despite spending a year out of action. 

I respect peoples opinion, but I see it as very harsh, give the lad the rest of the season and see where he is at then.

In my view, He is far better than Lookman and Vlasic who people on here seem to massively over rate.

He may have had an X factor before he got injured, but he’s not got it back yet. I’d rather he took the rest of the season getting properly fit, then game time in preseason to get match fit, because he’s nowhere near either at the moment 

He may have had an X factor before he got injured, but he’s not got it back yet. I’d rather he took the rest of the season getting properly fit, then game time in preseason to get match fit, because he’s nowhere near either at the moment 

Personally I thought he had a blinder at Analfield in the league game. His energy and power to drive forward for Siggurdsons goal is exactly what we have been missing all season

44 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Bolasie started the move from the edge of our area when he burst past 2 Liverpool defenders , they were complaining about him throwing one of the defenders out of his way who tried to block his run

little bit generous there, Dunc. He gets his head to the ball and then gives the ball to Lookman and he is the one with the driving run. 

little bit generous there, Dunc. He gets his head to the ball and then gives the ball to Lookman and he is the one with the driving run. 

Must admit it’s first time I’ve seen it played back and I thought he am further with the ball ,just remember him powering past the defender and throwing him out of the way.

Obviously Lookman played a major part in it but still think it’s Bolasie power that starts move off

Either way I still think he had a blinder

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah I'd say it was Lookman's pace and energy that played the key part in that goal. But apparently he's too young to be playing regularly... 

12 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

NO MORE SIGNINGS!!!!! GOT TO BE AN EARLY APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

MARTINA CANNOT CONTINUE AT LEFT BACK......OR ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE PITCH!!!! IS SAM FUCKING BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He must think our CBs and DMs are good enough too. And somehow he expects us to tighten up at the back. 

The thing is, they look at it differently than us. He does an ok job there. Our bigger problems lie elsewhere.

scoring goals. Our creativity is shocking. You can have the meanest defence in existence,  but if you don’t score you don’t win.

left midfield. Our left side struggles due to not having the right partner in midfield. Fix this and we have Garbett, Baines and Cuco. We also have youth players starting to set up.

7 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Must admit it’s first time I’ve seen it played back and I thought he am further with the ball ,just remember him powering past the defender and throwing him out of the way.

Obviously Lookman played a major part in it but still think it’s Bolasie power that starts move off

Either way I still think he had a blinder

You are easily pleased! My nan could have played that ball!

I'd like to see Klaasen given a run as well

---------------------Gueye 

----------Klaasen--------Rooney

Walcott---------------------------Lookman 

---------------------Tosun

We need some balance get Gana to simply sit back and break up play Rooney can dictate slightly deeper and link play with Klaassen moving forward

Lads like Walcott and Lookman as Bailey has said previously are wasted assets as we are, bring Sigurdsson in when Rooney starts to fade 

6 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'd like to see Klaasen given a run as well

---------------------Gueye 

----------Klaasen--------Rooney

Walcott---------------------------Lookman 

---------------------Tosun

We need some balance get Gana to simply sit back and break up play Rooney can dictate slightly deeper and link play with Klaassen moving forward

Lads like Walcott and Lookman as Bailey has said previously are wasted assets as we are, bring Sigurdsson in when Rooney starts to fade 

Every time Klaassen has come in he has been shite. What makes you think that will change? 

24 minutes ago, nogs said:

Every time Klaassen has come in he has been shite. What makes you think that will change? 

He's been no worse than the rest of them when he's played so you can apply that logic to any of them 

He also featured more when the side was more disjointed and all over the place, he needs to be given time to adapt and settle I think the lad is a clever player it may not work but it's got to be better than playing the likes of Schneiderlin and co 

A different system and different players around him may make a difference look at Cleverly mediocre for us moves into a system that suits then turns into a pivotal player 

I'd happily give Klaassen a run - after we've secured the points. I understand why people are saying this, but considering he didn't get a chance to integrate and adapt to the league, plus he must be far from match-fit now, I think it'd be worse for him and us if we started him

The best place for an Everton player right now is out the squad - if you're not getting picked, suddenly everyone is clamouring for you to be included! I'd invite anyone calling for Klaassen to get a game to go back and watch his performances in the Europa League. Not the rough and tumble of the Premiership, but a European competition in which he captained a team to the final last year. Not only does he shirk practically every challenge, his movement and ability to show for the ball were shocking. Ajax were clearly set up to play to his strengths, everyone else doing the hard yards and handing him the ball 20-30 yards from goal to take pot shots or play a through ball. We cannot afford to carry a player like that, it's difficult enough getting Sigurdsson involved enough to be effective. 

If Klaassen is going to have a future here he needs to get in the U23s and show he can run football matches at that level with his left nut. I'm skeptical to put it mildly.