IGNORED

January Transfer Window

Reminder Summer 2017. Let's see how January goes...

IN: Pickford Klaassen Onyekuru Ramirez Keane Rooney Martina Sigurdsson Vlasic
OUT: Kone Cleverley McAleny Deulofeu Rom McGeady Duffus Barry
LOAN IN: Donkor
LOAN OUT: Onyekuru Galloway Browning Pennington JWilliams Dowell Robinson Grant Connolly Walsh
YOUTH: Markelo Mathis Bowler LGibson Adeniran

All depends on Barkley for me. If he goes then we need creativity in the team. 

Four clean sheets in the last six suggests that the defence is t as bad as made out. Organisation is what was needed rather than new players. I would argue that our aging centre backs need replacing before full backs..... depending on if Miri gets fit and looks ok.

My worry is that if Barkley leaves, we don’t have much creativity in the team. Klaasen isn’t looking like he can take that position for me, though it’s early days for him.

we need a goalscorer up top. Niasse try’s his best and I would like to see him stay, but on the bench. Sandro just doesn’t look strong enough for this league. Every time he goes down, he looks around as if to say... what the hell ref.... rather than jump up and get stuck back in. DCL is one for our future and needs nurturing and guiding up there.

We aren’t conceding. We aren’t scoring.

57 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

definite needs, LB and striker.  Both i would buy an instant starter as Baines is done and DCL isn'ttt ready yet.

let me clarify further.  the only people i want sam buying are a LB and striker which we need now.  CB and other players i'd rather the manager we get in the summer (fingers crossed) would purchase otherwise it's more players to sell and get in come summer.

38 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

let me clarify further.  the only people i want sam buying are a LB and striker which we need now.  CB and other players i'd rather the manager we get in the summer (fingers crossed) would purchase otherwise it's more players to sell and get in come summer.

I understand what your saying mate, I just don’t see the left back as a priority for us. We’re defending well and keeping clean sheets. My worry is that we aren’t creating. 

We have gone from RM playing very attacking teams that can’t defend, to Koeman playing less attacking teams, with a marginally better defence.... to Sam that has a good defence, but little to no attack.

I want us to be exciting to watch again. I hate seeing us classed as boring.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Then again I also see your point in letting our longer term manager choose his down players.

Well supposedly that’s Walshes job, right? 

Plus, there’s the scary possibility that Sam will stay longer than his 18 month contract, so if he’s manager even in the short term, he should still make the calls (as uncomfortable as that is to contemplate)

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Then again I also see your point in letting our longer term manager choose his down players.

yeah that's what i was getting at.  if he's truly only gonna be here till may then just give him the bare minimum to get us over the line and save the kitty for the manager that's coming in.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

We won't in summer 2018 as Sam has a contract for 18 months. If he's doing well then why change things?

Based on who's available, been linked, and may be possible based on needing playing time during a world cup year...

In: 

• Buy: Cenk Tosun (CF), Philipp Max (LB), Jean Seri (CM), Stefan de Vrij (CB), Jann-Fiete Arp (CF - one for the future, loan him straight back)
  • Loan: Willian/Andre Schurrle/Theo Walcott (order of preference).

Out:

• Sell: Ross Barkley (if reasonable), McCarthy, Mirallas, Robles, Tarashaj (not sure where he is), Garbutt, Besic (or loan out)
  • Loan: Klaassen, Ramirez, Besic (if not sold),
Edited by DownUnderToff

2 hours ago, JimmytheJimster said:

Think there working on Klaassen to make him not so easy to knock of the ball, just like Tottenham did with Modric. I can see him getting game time soon. could have done with getting an easier draw in the fa cup, to play are fringe players.

Great news if true, he has so much obvious talent, just needs to adapt to the premier leagues pace and physicality.