IGNORED

January Transfer Window

11 minutes ago, sacitunal said:

Hi from Istanbul, ım a fan of Galatasaray FC. 

You can not imagine how well you do business by buying Tosun. He is a great football player.     A good finisher.if he get good passes he will score many goals.

Thank you friend. 

We are looking forward to seeing how he does in the premier league and are very grateful of Besiktas for allowing him to come here.

Best of luck with Galatasarys season friend.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

Thank you friend. 

We are looking forward to seeing how he does in the premier league and are very grateful of Besiktas for allowing him to come here.

A Besiktas fan joins and now a Galatasaray fan? Watch out USA, pretty soon there's gonna be a huge Turkish contingent on this board! haha.

1 minute ago, Chach said:

He will if we pay champions league wages, that's what you have to do if you want to play in the champions league.

He's at PSG, not a chance we are going to be offering to paying more. He's that good that champions league clubs will come in for him, Arsenal and the shite constantly linked, he will chose either of them over us. (Im aware arsenal aren't in the champions league). Its a pipe dream signing him, a lovely pipedream, but a pipedream all the same.

5 hours ago, aaron said:

He's at PSG, not a chance we are going to be offering to paying more. He's that good that champions league clubs will come in for him, Arsenal and the shite constantly linked, he will chose either of them over us. (Im aware arsenal aren't in the champions league). Its a pipe dream signing him, a lovely pipedream, but a pipedream all the same.

Actually, according to my footballer wages research online and if my calculations are correct while converting GBP to EUR, Draxler earning 100k Euros weekly at PSG. Any marketing, brand, sponsorship etc. kind of deals are not included.

Lukaku used to earn 90k GBP (approx. 101k Euros) from Everton. I don't know if these kind of contracts includes any other variables but if not it matches. Still, in case of a transfer move from PSG to Everton for a player like Draxler caliber will cause a little bit "boost" on wage expectations for sure. On the other hand as the figures are not as different as chalk and cheese, it could have been worth trying by a simple enquiry to his agency as long as PSG side is ok for this move.

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

Thank you friend. 

Fuckin Yoda!!!

Read that in the voice of Yoda.

"Thank you friend.....to come here we are grateful, friend...."

10 hours ago, Vranny said:

I think Joe Williams is the guy we’re hoping developes into a future CM for us. I’m pretty sure he was the one we turned down a bid for from Barnsley too before they got Walsh. 

Correct. It should have been obvious to me because it's Bristol City that Walsh has gone to :huh::rofl:

Who do you think makes decisions on kids like Walsh leaving? Because I feel we're letting too many go too early. Bristol City are flying in the Championship, if he does well there, who's to say he won't be a Prem quality player in a couple of years? There are several of our former academy players still aged under 23 who are now making a decent career for themselves in the football league - you have to be a very good player to play in the Championship, how are we so sure that these lads aren't capable of stepping up? I'm not sure we're making best use of the academy resources we have. 

14 minutes ago, nogs said:

Who do you think makes decisions on kids like Walsh leaving? Because I feel we're letting too many go too early. Bristol City are flying in the Championship, if he does well there, who's to say he won't be a Prem quality player in a couple of years? There are several of our former academy players still aged under 23 who are now making a decent career for themselves in the football league - you have to be a very good player to play in the Championship, how are we so sure that these lads aren't capable of stepping up? I'm not sure we're making best use of the academy resources we have. 

For all we know we’ve got a buy-back clause in the deal. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

For all we know we’ve got a buy-back clause in the deal. 

You'd hope so. The price we'd pay for him would be much higher than we let him go for though. Which defeats the economic argument for having a strong academy. 

4 hours ago, nogs said:

You'd hope so. The price we'd pay for him would be much higher than we let him go for though. Which defeats the economic argument for having a strong academy. 

Realistically, how many of these players that we’ve let go in the last few years have really come back to bite us on the arse?

Gosling ended up a prem footballer, but he wasn’t good enough for us. Mustafi has turned into a good CB, but Moyes wasn’t willing to give him any minutes, so there’s a fat chance he would’ve become the same footballer under him. Shane Duffy is the only one I can think of that could’ve stayed, but again he wouldn’t have got the same opportunities at Everton as he got in the Championship. 

Everyone else had ended up a decent Championship footballer at best (I.e. not good enough for Everton unfortunately).