IGNORED

Watford (Home) Sunday November 5th

markjazzbassist

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Holy fucking shite I have no idea how I’m still alive after that. 

My emotions were all over the place throughout that. I’m glad we ended up on the right end of that ding dong but I hope games like that don’t happen too often. 

I went through every fucking emotion- I had to stop myself walking out at 2-0 I was fuckng furious.

on a general note away from my reply to Romey- Watford are poor, we got away with murder today we were not good enough- I’ve been patient with Gylfi but he was shoking again today I’m really struggling to defend him atm. Seen Rooney getting slaughtered when I read the match thread- he played well today, he put in some proper crunching tackles and he tracked back all game, really don’t get how anyone could think he played poorly, but we have that little creativity he has to come deep.

Jags was fuckng shocking, he was rolled on 4 seperate occasions like a schoolboy and what the fuck is Keane doing for the first goal. We will need a miracle not to be in a relegation scrap this season for defo.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Who was marking Hughes? Keane and Baines miles apart.

Gana was supposed to be. Never got goal side and left him with loads of room to play in. First half there was three occasions were he was completely unmarked as Gana just looked at him and never got tight. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Gylfi needs to run the game now. Looking at our front players he's the experienced one

I'd settle just for him to put a shift in. The lad isn't even a shadow, he's that slow to read the game and doesn't have the legs to make up for it. Just wanders around the pitch not even in touching distance of his man. 

How we got away with three points I don't know. Usually you don't get away with carrying more than one player, maybe two if you're lucky, but we've got loads of passengers who haven't paid their bus fare. Gana and Sigurdssen need to fuck the fuck off. Baines and Jags both should have already been fazed out, and I still don't see the fuss about Michael Keane. I doubt any team in the Prem would start them five. Half a team of shite and we got away with it luckily. 

Pickford, feel sorry for him. Very commanding and noticeably frustrated with our lack of drive to get forward. 

Kenny, had his best game and will be feeling it tomorrow. Had a proper battle, solid in a tackle and got forward well. He was the only positive in the first half. 

Baningime was a little sloppy and stayed on the ball a little longer than he should, but decent enough. 

Davies, the poor lad doesn't half get some unjust grief from the stands. Got clattered a few times but gave as good as he got. Only one constantly looking forward trying to make things happen. 

Rooney and Niasse huffed and puffed, but don't compliment each other. 

2 hours ago, Swarzy said:

Rumours at the game was Mirallas and Schneiderlin were sent home and dropped from the squad for messing around in training. Anyone else heard anything on this? 

Brave move from Unsworth if true.

The rumour I heard was they’d had a fight (Schneiderlin and Mirallas) with Vlasic being punished for what he said about Costa having number 19 saved - breaching confidentially.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Seen Rooney getting slaughtered when I read the match thread- he played well today, he put in some proper crunching tackles and he tracked back all game, really don’t get how anyone could think he played poorly, but we have that little creativity he has to come deep.

Should he be playing CM then in a 4-4-2?

1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:
If true I’m fine with the kev and Morgan treatment.  Vlasic one is strange.  We need quality players so bad even rooney got off the hook for drunk driving!!

Good point here if true. Why would Vlasic get punished like that, but Rooney just gets a fine (which is peanuts compared to want he makes).?

If true then the reason would be that the Vlašić "offence" was an internal Everton one so we have every right to sanction him whereas Rooney's was an outside incident; which I don't think we should have punished him for. That's down to the legal system. I've known lots of people over the years done for driving offences (myself two minors) and they've all gone through the courts; no repercussions from their employer. In fact there's no reason why an employer would even know about it.

If true then the reason would be that the Vlašić "offence" was an internal Everton one so we have every right to sanction him whereas Rooney's was an outside incident; which I don't think we should have punished him for. That's down to the legal system. I've known lots of people over the years done for driving offences (myself two minors) and they've all gone through the courts; no repercussions from their employer. In fact there's no reason why an employer would even know about it.
Stop making sense you bastard!

55 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Yeah I saw this too, great that baines is now all time leader.  I’m sure Unsworth didn’t give it even a thought, as he just wanted the win.

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

Some employer contracts stipulate you tell them, Mike. If you drive for a living, you'd have to. In Rooney's case, I had no problem with the club sanctioning him. His behaviour had a detrimental effect on the club's image. He is paid an awful lot of the club's money. 

5 minutes ago, Formby said:

Some employer contracts stipulate you tell them, Mike. If you drive for a living, you'd have to. In Rooney's case, I had no problem with the club sanctioning him. His behaviour had a detrimental effect on the club's image. He is paid an awful lot of the club's money. 

If you drive for a living and get banned then obviously you lose your job; I'm just a bit unsure about different rules for the rich and famous and us mere ordinary folk. If there was something in his contract stipulating he'd be penalised in these (or similar) circumstances then fair enough though I guess; still doesn't sit quite right with me.

14 minutes ago, Formby said:

And what he does in his own time is his business- of course if it’s a driving job you need to infrm them because you’ll be banned but if I got caught it would be none of my emploters business.

Rooney's conduct 'brought the club into disrepute'. Unfortunately, a by-product of being rich and famous.  Generally, the 'man in the street' doesn't get the sack unless he is a regular driver for his place of work and his job requires him to have a clean license.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Who would have thought that Niasse could make such a positive impact!!

Although he's not the best, his attitude, desire and commitment gives the fans a lift. I'm truly made up for the lad.

Unbelievable now to think I was disappointed he didn't go to Palace on deadline day. I genuinely thought at the time he was stealing a living from us. I guess it was fate he would play for us and prove his doubters wrong.