IGNORED

Watford (Home) Sunday November 5th

markjazzbassist

Managed to catch the last 30 minutes. Have to say it was all "Blood and Thunder" but it was the 3 points that mattered. 

Well played Davies, he really is the spark in midfield, Lookman, has pace, can beat a man ans must start, DCL and Niasse for making the most unlikely pairing since the original odd couple. DCL is going to be a very good striker when he has finished developing, especially when he has a strike partner.

Apart from Kenny, who was great the defense was very nervy, understandable but I think Jags was woeful and this affected Keane, who I still think will make an excellent defender.

On basis of that I'd say our biggest priority in January is a pair of centre backs because we haven't got a single one fit at the moment we can trust not to make a howler. Woeful at the back, thank fuck that Unsworth has got some fighting spirit into the rest of them, especially Niasse. Play him and DCL up top as a pair, with genuine width to supply them, we will score goals. Just let's not bother putting Rooney or Sigurdsson anywhere near the pitch hey, both of them were utter turd again. 

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Holy fucking shite I have no idea how I’m still alive after that. 

My emotions were all over the place throughout that. I’m glad we ended up on the right end of that ding dong but I hope games like that don’t happen too often. 

Getting old mate

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Matt, I was having to drink JD to get me through it. That was an horrific experience even though we won. 

I genuinely think I’d have cried if it had been Watford that had won. 

tell me about it! gone through so much red wine watching that. No more please

8 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

We have a run of games that are all winnable. We have to put this same side out now and show some continuity in performances. Our position is still fragile, we can just as easily slip back into the bottom 3 as we can surge up the table into the top half.

Drop Rooney completely as he has been a dreadful signing. Keep Niasse and Calvert Lewin in the team. Davies needs to keep playing as he was the epitome of Everton tonight. We should put Sigurdsson on the left to combine with Baines and have a pacey winger on the right such as Lookman, Vlasic or Lennon to apply constant forward pressure.

I still like Schneiderlin but I think he is a luxury player and isn't suited to a side that needs to fight for every point they can scrape up. When we have better players in the side and are on a good run of form he can come back into the side because his key skill is recycling the ball and putting us back on the front foot.

Sigurdsson was fucking awful again. You rightly say Rooney needs dropping - what exactly did Sigurdsson do that makes you think he deserves his place? 

I agree we have to stick with 4-4-2 now, DCL and Niasse up top, but it should be between Lookman, Lennon, Vlasic and Mirallas to play out wide. If we play 4-4-2 Sigurdsson just does not fit, we might as well try to recoup some of the £45m.

As for Schneiderlin... He should be last pick of our 45 central midfielders or however many it is we have at the moment. His performance second half v Lyon was a disgrace, we'd have lost today if he'd have been on the pitch. Not just a luxury player, wrong type of character. 

11 minutes ago, nogs said:

Sigurdsson was fucking awful again. You rightly say Rooney needs dropping - what exactly did Sigurdsson do that makes you think he deserves his place? 

I agree we have to stick with 4-4-2 now, DCL and Niasse up top, but it should be between Lookman, Lennon, Vlasic and Mirallas to play out wide. If we play 4-4-2 Sigurdsson just does not fit, we might as well try to recoup some of the £45m.

As for Schneiderlin... He should be last pick of our 45 central midfielders or however many it is we have at the moment. His performance second half v Lyon was a disgrace, we'd have lost today if he'd have been on the pitch. Not just a luxury player, wrong type of character. 

Schneiderlin isn't a lux player; he's a lax player.

11 minutes ago, Swarzy said:

Rumours at the game was Mirallas and Schneiderlin were sent home and dropped from the squad for messing around in training. Anyone else heard anything on this? 

Brave move from Unsworth if true.

If true just about sums Mirallas up. 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Heart attack material.

All I'll say is this game has given us every bit of luck that we needed to get our season going. You see it so often, teams on piss poor runs turn it around after that one game where the luck turns.

Well done lads.

Thats what I worry about.... we had a lot go our way tonight... A couple of fecking stupid goals conceded too but a big ole slice of luck too.

The players need confidence though, so hopefully they can start believing in themselves again.

The other thing I meant to say was well done Pickford for not wiping out Richarlison when he scored. If we'd have still had Tim Howard in goal he's have hauled him down and we'd probably have been behind with only ten men on the pitch and truly f'cked. He could easily have done it but made a split second decision not to. Kudos.

Unsworth  (or whoever comes in) still have plenty of problems to address. 

None of our CB are in form. Jags looked like an old man today and lost too many physical battles, so I think we have to look at Keane and Williams as the partnership from hereon. I like Holgate but he is too weak as well. Kenny had his best game, but Baines wasn't great again. 

In midfield Beni still did well, Gueye was largely shit but Davies was great. The problem with all 3 is that they are all too lightweight. Watford players were swatting them off at times. We really need a more physical presence in there but we don't have one. we aren't keeping the ball well enough in midfield mainly because Davies is the only one that can really play and those out wide aren't helping us control the game. 

This leads on to the other weakness of the wide players. Lookman has been lively and deserves more time, Lennon has been solid and I am still amazed Vlasic isn' involved. I think he could be a key player in gettin us up the pitch. 

Then we have the problems upfront. Niasse really does work hard but he isn't really bringing people into the game. Maybe we just need to go 442 with him and DCL and be difficult to break down whilst also having their doggedness to drag us up the pitch?

How on earth did we get to the stage where we have so many holes in the he squad?