IGNORED

Usmanov - Panorama

markiediow

Just now, markiediow said:

Anyone know more about what this Panorama program about Everton board is on Sunday and Monday?

Its something to do with Moshiri and Usmonov. What implications could it have with Everton FC?

These Panorama Specials never end well.

The whole special isn't about Everton, we'll just get a mention more than likely.

The whole Moshiri/Usmanov thing stinks and if anyone claims they didn't already know that then they are burying their head in the sand. USM sponsorship? Share Gifts? Moshiri was Usmanovs accountant/financial advisor for years and the two are one in the same. I hate to say it but this was kind of inevitable.

EDIT: this is not a dig exclusively at Everton. This is a dig at big business.

Shock horror - post-soviet billionaire Russian is corrupt! Post-revolution Iranian billionaire has ulterior motive! 

BBC say Usmanov gave Moshiri a gift. Arsenal shares were bought wholly by Usmanov. In 2008 £63m was paid by an Usmanov company to a Moshiri company.

They say Usmanov owned the company in the Isle of Man (Bridgewater) that registered holding company Blue Heaven Holdings and it was Bridgewater's job to do due diligence. A look at the name of the training ground would have told you have Usmanov has an interest in Everton.

There's a BBC article on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41878954

16 minutes ago, Louis said:

BBC say Usmanov gave Moshiri a gift. Arsenal shares were bought wholly by Usmanov. In 2008 £63m was paid by an Usmanov company to a Moshiri company.

They say Usmanov owned the company in the Isle of Man (Bridgewater) that registered holding company Blue Heaven Holdings and it was Bridgewater's job to do due diligence. A look at the name of the training ground would have told you have Usmanov has an interest in Everton.

There's a BBC article on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41878954

No doubt he has an interest, but if the money came from the sale of Moshiri's Arsenal shares then the sale is legal.

I think this will force Usmanov to sell his shares in Arsenal tho.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I best be careful how I spend any money gifted to me this Christmas. 

I mean if I buy something with money my mum gives me for Christmas does that mean she actually owns it? :o 

Legally a gift transfers the ownership to the beneficiary, what they do with it is up to them, unless your mum really likes what you bought then they  usually take ownership!

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Legally a gift transfers the ownership to the beneficiary, what they do with it is up to them, unless your mum really likes what you bought then they  usually take ownership!

Fuck her if she thinks she’s having the ‘I love Oumar Niasse’ mug I’m planning on buying!

So Moshiri points out the question we are all asking. 

When you give someone a gift, then it becomes theirs doesn’t it? If so then the only wrong doing to be investigated is whether the money has been taxed, which again is another argument.

example.

if I earn money and pay 22% tax through the years in that cash, then why do I have to pax tax again if I pass it onto my son? The corruption is with the country’s hierarchy not with Moshiri and Usmanov.

even if he has given it to Moshiri as a gift, then he has already paid his taxes when earning the money. When he gave that taxes money to Moshiri, it should become Moshiri’s money.

Any legal experts on?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's nothing to do with money or taxes, the FA seem to think that it's still Usmanovs money just lent to moshiri to buy into Efc.

The rules don't allow anybody to have ownership in more than one Club, I think

that's why they are investigating.

I don't think that argument holds up either. If I borrow money from the bank and use it to buy a car it's still my car and not the banks'.

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's nothing to do with money or taxes, the FA seem to think that it's still Usmanovs money just lent to moshiri to buy into Efc.

The rules don't allow anybody to have ownership in more than one Club, I think

that's why they are investigating.

It’s not the FA. They sanctioned the buy. 

Its a legal team who have gotten involved after seeing the leaked documents. So far the FA haven’t started any investigation. Or to my knowledge they haven’t?

im still not sure where the legal standpoint is on receiving gifts? 

Food job I came from a poor family or i would probably be in trouble for spending my pocket money on things for myself.