IGNORED

Apollon Limassol (Europa Group Stage Away) Thursday December 7th

markjazzbassist

He got caught with the ball more than anyone else though. Passes went to him and he just didn’t seem to be aware of players closing him down and ended up losing it. 

He did do a few decent forward passes, but nothing to compare to the level of the younger players. And for an experienced senior player, we should be expecting more.

But as people say all the time, we all see games differently. Your still wrong, but I accept your reasons for being wrong 😉

51 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He got caught with the ball more than anyone else though. Passes went to him and he just didn’t seem to be aware of players closing him down and ended up losing it. 

He did do a few decent forward passes, but nothing to compare to the level of the younger players. And for an experienced senior player, we should be expecting more.

But as people say all the time, we all see games differently. Your still wrong, but I accept your reasons for being wrong 😉

:blink:

:shakingfist:

:P

Only saw about 40 mins between the first and second half but Beni, Feeney and hornby all stood out for me. Vlasic was popping up everywhere too. Beni looks very versatile, Fenney was leading the line and bar a really tame finish I thought Hornby did a great job leading the line, bringing the ball down and linking up with the other players. 

Have to say that I thought Klaasen was very average. He made some silly tackles he didn' need to, his passing was a bit too safe but at the same time he showed lots of energy. If he was one of the he kids you could probably say he did well but we paid £25m for the Ajax captain and I don' think he shouldn't even be captaining the U23s

Watched 2nd half on catch up. No idea if you can say it's a direct influence Allardyce has had or just the stability that sorting out a manager brings, but we look a different club to two weeks ago. Just proves what a complete cluster fuck Koeman made of the job. 

We gave some really exciting young talent on our books, so impressed with how confident they look on the ball. Mentioned Charsley first half, thought Feeney was superb second half, 18 year old covering Besic's arse! Lookman and Vlasic impressed me, ready for more first team football I'd hope. And most of the side that won the U23s league last year is out on loan! Use them Sam, use them. Success doesn't always come from a cheque book. 

1 hour ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Charsley at LB I think someone said he's an attacking midfielder, he also did well.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Charsley looked good and solid all through. Excellent performance from him.

Here's an article on Charsley from last season.  Looks promising, and several of you liked his play today.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-youngster-harry-charsley-best-12619799

6 minutes ago, nogs said:

Watched 2nd half on catch up. No idea if you can say it's a direct influence Allardyce has had or just the stability that sorting out a manager brings, but we look a different club to two weeks ago. Just proves what a complete cluster fuck Koeman made of the job. 

We gave some really exciting young talent on our books, so impressed with how confident they look on the ball. Mentioned Charsley first half, thought Feeney was superb second half, 18 year old covering Besic's arse! Lookman and Vlasic impressed me, ready for more first team football I'd hope. And most of the side that won the U23s league last year is out on loan! Use them Sam, use them. Success doesn't always come from a cheque book. 

I think a lot of it is confidence and clarity. They know who is going to lead them and after 2 solid wins and two clean sheets the confidence is starting to come back. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/938839399621713920

Just reading a Sky article on the match. http://www.skysports.com/football/a-limassol-vs-everton/384460

• Everton have now won three successive matches in all competitions - the same tally of wins that they recorded in their previous 20 competitive matches combined (W3 D5 L12).