IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away) Saturday December 30th

markjazzbassist

Embarrassing - and all a result of ridiculous tactics. We've taken just one point from teams that were (before those matches) in the bottom three, treating both as if they're in the top three. After some of you guys suggested I stop with the criticism of crooked Sam, I've bitten my tongue, but my view remains unchanged. It was a big mistake bringing him to Everton - even if the press likes to gush about his "success" here.

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

And can you blame us for not opening up. As soon as we open up we get carved apart.

Conceded the first one with the door slammed fully shut. You simply cannot set up like this will in week out and expect not to losE.

We've been riding our luck for weeks and it's caught up with us. Need to set out with intent so we don't have to become so open trying to chase the game. 

I fear though that we won't learn any lessons from this.

Just now, Cornish Steve said:

Embarrassing - and all a result of ridiculous tactics. We've taken just one point from teams that were (before those matches) in the bottom three, treating both as if they're in the top three. After some of you guys suggested I stop with the criticism of crooked Sam, I've bitten my tongue, but my view remains unchanged. It was a big mistake bringing him to Everton - even if the press likes to gush about his "success" here.

I think all of us thought this performance was going to change your views on him :lol:

Fair play to them,. They deserved that. They were decent, we were utter crap.

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The whole squad is unbalanced thanks to Koeman. We haven't got ANY left sided players now that Baines is out.

We haven't replace Romelu.

We haven't replaced Barkley who is likely to leave.

We have NOBODY AT ALL in the entire squad who can get his body over the ball and shrug off a challenge. 

We have 2 choices. Open up and get battered as many times as we batter someone or shut up shop and get beat by the odd goal as often as we win by the odd goal it seems.

Shutting up shop seems to get you more draws though.

If we played two of Bolasie, Vlasic, Lookman, or even Lennon on the wings, and 1 defensive midfielder then we would have more pace and threats to stretch teams so they would have to man mark them, giving players like Rooney and Siggy more time and space to play.

If we do that, get a striker and a left back then we will be much more balanced.

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Embarrassing - and all a result of ridiculous tactics.

Like everyone else, I was appalled at the 3 DCM lineup.  But for me, the biggest problem - and it is an ongoing embarrassment - is our giveaway passing.

I don’t watch enough of the mediocre and poor teams in the league to know for sure whether we’re just one of many poor passing teams. But we are very poor.  Other teams know we will give it away.

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

If we played two of Bolasie, Vlasic, Lookman, or even Lennon on the wings, and 1 defensive midfielder then we would have more pace and threats to stretch teams so they would have to man mark them, giving players like Rooney and Siggy more time and space to play.

If we do that, get a striker and a left back then we will be much more balanced.

Couldn’t agree more. Let’s get other teams to worry about us rather than vice versa. Lookman should have had more playing time. 

8 minutes ago, xsaint08 said:

Why ChewingGum Sam did not play Sandro for CDL and Davy for Morgan from the start?... these two players could have contributed more than Morgan and CDL

Have you watched Klaasen or Sandro play this season? The team he put out was terrible but they aren't the answer

11 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Like everyone else, I was appalled at the 3 DCM lineup.  But for me, the biggest problem - and it is an ongoing embarrassment - is our giveaway passing.

I don’t watch enough of the mediocre and poor teams in the league to know for sure whether we’re just one of many poor passing teams. But we are very poor.  Other teams know we will give it away.

A whole lot of this is Rooney and Schneiderlin.

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

Have you watched Klaasen or Sandro play this season?

But they've barely played, if Koeman had had the courage to back his convictions and give them time to get up to speed things may have been very different; not saying they would've been, we'll never know.

Given that Kenny had his worst match in a long time, that Keane and Jagielka played soft (and that’s putting it kindly), and that Martina gets turned around most of the time when opponents run at him, we’re lucky not to have lost by 3-1 or even 4-1.

We need goals and therfore attackers, especially and obviously against mediocre teams.  Rooney paired with a single DM, so he can roam as a deep playmaker.  Then 2 wingers and Sigurdsson as #10.  And play Niasse more, by 55 minuts unless DCL is actually being effective.

12 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

But that's what you get when none of your midfielders have a creative bone in their body. Wingers, CFs, fine, but you need players in midfield who can see a pass and make it to rise above playing bang average football. 

I was happy that Allardyce had stabilised us at the back and ground out results against two very good teams. But tactically the last two games we might as well have still had Koeman in charge. 

We have a long road of mediocrity ahead of us. 

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But they've barely played, if Koeman had had the courage to back his convictions and give them time to get up to speed things may have been very different; not saying they would've been, we'll never know.

Disagree. You can't have 5, 6 chances and play absolute dog shit every time and still expect another chance. Doesn't explain how Schneiderlin still gets a game, I admit. 

3 minutes ago, nogs said:

But that's what you get when none of your midfielders have a creative bone in their body. Wingers, CFs, fine, but you need players in midfield who can see a pass and make it to rise above playing bang average football. 

I was happy that Allardyce had stabilised us at the back and ground out results against two very good teams. But tactically the last two games we might as well have still had Koeman in charge. 

We have a long road of mediocrity ahead of us. 

We bought Sigurdsson, he’s dead creative... :lol: 

3 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

A whole lot of this is Rooney and Schneiderlin.

I am disappointed in Rooney’s ineffective back-heels, and yes, other giveaways.  I’d need to watch replays of a number of our matches so far this season, but I’d swear almost every Everton player on the pitch is guilty 2-3 times per match, and some more frequently.  It does suggest that TallPaul’s observationi is spot on.

7 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

THE SQUAD isn'ttT GOOD ENOUGH

It doesn't matter what team gets put out.

It doesn't matter who is in charge.

If the players aren't up to scratch then you're going to struggle.

3 minutes ago, nogs said:

Disagree. You can't have 5, 6 chances and play absolute dog shit every time and still expect another chance. Doesn't explain how Schneiderlin still gets a game, I admit. 

How can you disagree with me saying we will never know what would've happened? We won't (unless you maybe have access to a parallel universe where they kept playing;)).

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

How can you disagree with me saying we will never know what would've happened? We won't (unless you maybe have access to a parallel universe where they kept playing;)).

You're picking the wrong part of the point you made. I disagree with the principle of giving them more playing time based on their opportunities so far. 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

You're picking the wrong part of the point you made. I disagree with the principle of giving them more playing time based on their opportunities so far. 

I wasn't suggesting they should've been given more time, I was just chucking out there that we don't know what would've happened if we had.

It's difficult to conceive how anyone could manage to make us worse than we are.

26 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Our top performers from the last couple of seasons are now no longer at the club or injured.

I would add that Koeman was obsessed with replacing everyone brought in by Martinez. He had a bit of a chip on his shoulder about that. The result was, among other things, too much change in too short a period of time.

28 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Our top performers from the last couple of seasons are now no longer at the club or injured.

But is the squad tall enough?