IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) January 1st

markjazzbassist

15 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Vlasic is little more than a substitute you bring on for the last 10 minutes. Same as Lookman.

It isn'ttt a surprise that Lennon has kept him out of the side and that a returning Bolasie is instantly thrown back into the side.

They are young players till learning. Vlasic played well tonight, especially when you consider that Holgate who is not a right back kept drifting to the center of defense when Utd attacked leaving space Vlasic had to try to defend.

4 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I suppose the most frustrating thing is that we should have had a go at West Brom and Bournemouth. We could have taken at least 3 point from one of those team. The Utd game is not important, why have a go at that when the other games were more winnable?

True story.

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

That's my point. I don't hate these players. One day they'll be okay, but we can't afford to be playing half a starting 11 full of youth players. It's because of the disastrous recruitment policy through the summer.

I never said you hated them.

We only played Vlasic tonight with Bolasie on the other flank. I and others thought he played well.

We lack a striker, and a left and right back, once we address those we will be in a lot better position.

A different United came out that second half and we couldn't match them, good players can play shite sometimes but when they get a half time bollocking they can deliver that's what we saw, we don't seem to have good players who can step it up a gear when required and deliver a winning performance, Schneiderlin, Niasse, DCL, Vlasic, Keane, Cuco and Holgate probably wouldn't make any team in this league yet we are trying to win games with these players, it's just not going to happen.

11 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Bolasie has returned from a career threatening injury and looked light years ahead of anyone else in the squad. That's a damning indictment against the rest of the players.

Same too for James McCarthy, a player who was boo'ed onto the pitch by the clueless Evertonians. Schneiderlin should be embarrassed for himself after the performance that an injured McCarthy put in.

Clueless Evertonians? It wasn’t a boo for McCarthy it was a boo for the negative substitution. An attacking player for a defensive midfielder at a time when we needed a goal to get anything from the game. 

45 minutes ago, Paddock said:

A striker alone isn’t going to change anything- we are shite, our full backs are shite/aging/too young, our central defenders are aging or poor our attacking is woeful- we’re just a mid to lower league team.

Of course it would change something. He tried but Niasse was fucking useless for the most part today.  He did some good things but the simple layoffs and runs off the ball were poor. A decent striker wouldn't have solved all of our problems tonight but we would have had more control and threatened De Gea more.

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Vlasic is little more than a substitute you bring on for the last 10 minutes. Same as Lookman.

It isn'ttt a surprise that Lennon has kept him out of the side and that a returning Bolasie is instantly thrown back into the side.

I disagree. Vlasic was very good first half, but sufferered from having to play right wing back in the second. 

I would play Lennon whenever we need more defensive cover, but Vlasic is far more likely to create something in the games we should be winning. 

41 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I suppose the most frustrating thing is that we should have had a go at West Brom and Bournemouth. We could have taken at least 3 point from one of those team. The Utd game is not important, why have a go at that when the other games were more winnable?

Spot on.  If that starting 11 plays against West Brom or Bournemouth we will create the chances we need to win the game.

30 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Bolasie has returned from a career threatening injury and looked light years ahead of anyone else in the squad. That's a damning indictment against the rest of the players.

Same too for James McCarthy, a player who was boo'ed onto the pitch by the clueless Evertonians. Schneiderlin should be embarrassed for himself after the performance that an injured McCarthy put in.

Bolasie had an easy job tonight playing against a CB at RB. Especially as Lindelof isn'tt quick. He did well in parts but again showed his lack of quality when he had beaten his man. If am being brutal I am a bit disappointed he didn't create at least 1 clear chance up against him (although I wouldn't disagree that a better striker to target might have helped in that regard).

10 minutes ago, Paddock said:

It was a boo at the negative sub tbf- nothing to do with McCarthy

I didn't think it was negative tbh. We weren't winning the ball back from Utd and Rooney was a passenger at that point. You can have as many attacking players on the pitch as you like but if you don' have the players like McCarthy and Schneiderlin winning the ball back it won't matter.

In fact that sub actually showed me that Allardyce is a better manager than I gave him credit for. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Of course it would change something. He tried but Niasse was fucking useless for the most part today.  He did some good things but the simple layoffs and runs off the ball were poor. A decent striker wouldn't have solved all of our problems tonight but we would have had more control and threatened De Gea more.

I disagree. Vlasic was very good first half, but sufferered from having to play right wing back in the second. 

I would play Lennon whenever we need more defensive cover, but Vlasic is far more likely to create something in the games we should be winning. 

Spot on.  If that starting 11 plays against West Brom or Bournemouth we will create the chances we need to win the game.

Bolasie had an easy job tonight playing against a CB at RB. Especially as Lindelof isn'ttt quick. He did well in parts but again showed his lack of quality when he had beaten his man. If am being brutal I am a bit disappointed he didn't create at least 1 clear chance up against him (although I wouldn't disagree that a better striker to target might have helped in that regard).

Bailey a striker wont change the fact our centre backs are utter shithouses or our full backs are way below standard, it wont suddenly be the answer to all our problems. We create very little it’s a much bigger problem than a striker- especially an unproven one from the Turkish league.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I didn't think it was negative tbh. We weren't winning the ball back from Utd and Rooney was a passenger at that point. You can have as many attacking players on the pitch as you like but if you don' have the players like McCarthy and Schneiderlin winning the ball back it won't matter.

In fact that sub actually showed me that Allardyce is a better manager than I gave him credit for. 

He brought a defensive midfielder on for an attacking midfielder when we were losing 1-0 which means he was trying to stop us conceding again.

12 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Bailey a striker wont change the fact our centre backs are utter shithouses or our full backs are way below standard, it wont suddenly be the answer to all our problems. We create very little it’s a much bigger problem than a striker- especially an unproven one from the Turkish league.

I didn't say it would be the answer to our problems and I thought I clearly made that point in my response. Read it again.

11 minutes ago, Paddock said:

He brought a defensive midfielder on for an attacking midfielder when we were losing 1-0 which means he was trying to stop us conceding again.

No it doesn't. He took off a player that for one reason or another wasn't contributing and brought on a player that did contribute with a logical reason as to why he would contribite more.

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I didn't say it would be the answer to our problems and I thought I clearly made that point in my response. Read it again.

No it doesn't. He took off a player that for one reason or another wasn't contributing and brought on a player that did contribute with a logical reason as to why he would contribite more.

So why not Siggurdson and DCL for Rooney and Niasse then? And I never said you did on the first point- my original point was a striker wont magcally solve everything- it wont even make much of a difference unless it’s a worldy- which it wont be.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Over reaction I think, our defense has improved, but today we were playing without a proper left or right back and it showed, get them sorted and we become allot more solid.

A striker means we have someone we can focus our attacks on and that will give is more threat. 

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

So why not Siggurdson and DCL for Rooney and Niasse then? And I never said you did on the first point- my original point was a striker wont magcally solve everything- it wont even make much of a difference unless it’s a worldy- which it wont be.

If they wouldn't help us win the ball back then I don't think it would have made a difference. I'd have swapped strikers though fwiw as the ball sticks better to DCL.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I couldn’t stand him last yeR, but he’s been excellent this year when healthy.  He’s been untouchable when in attack against us.  3 men have been on him and he slips them and makes a pass.

hes class, I was wrong about him.

He was crap today couldn't get in the game and kept man handling our players not even going for the ball. Our players even pulled the ref on it but he kept letting him get away with it. Ref first might as well as give his whistle to Mourinho, not once did we get a decision our way and how they never got a yellow I don't know. All these little differences add up over 90 minutes and as much as we weren't great it'd been a better match if we only had to paye against 11. 

There was a positive for me which was in the first half the midfield of Rooney, Bolasie, Davies and Vlasic drove us forward probably the best 45 minutes the midfield has played for 12 games or so I would like the same formation and players for the cup game in the middle, so that means no Gana bet you all weren't expecting that comment.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He was crap today couldn't get in the game and kept man handling our players not even going for the ball. Our players even pulled the ref on it but he kept letting him get away with it. Ref first might as well as give his whistle to Mourinho, not once did we get a decision our way and how they never got a yellow I don't know. All these little differences add up over 90 minutes and as much as we weren't great it'd been a better match if we only had to paye against 11. 

He danced through 2-3 of our men repeatedly in our box.  He was pulling the strings on all their attacks.  

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Only because no-one was putting in a challenge. It took McCarthy to come on before someone stepped in properly.

We make it far too easy for teams to play against us, as we let them pass across their lines without putting any real tackles in. mcCarthys introduction brought our first string of aggressive but fair tackles this season ( Gana TBF has won a few but not particularly strong) if we're letting teams do that, it's all,too easy for them to know they can move the ball around without any real challenges coming in. There must have been at least 10 half arsed challenges from Keane and Schniederlin last night that failed to win the ball. Yes we will get some yellows,  it I'd rather one for a touch tackle, than the inevitable trips were end up making as we're chasing the ball ( Keane bottled out of a tackle which led to Rooney booking if remember right)

If fit McCarthy has to be a starter on Friday.

23 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Only because no-one was putting in a challenge. It took McCarthy to come on before someone stepped in properly.

He completely changed the dynamic of the midfield. Missed that since Barry left. Rooney does an okay impression in midfield but is lumbering at times. Schneiderlin and Gana don't even do the job of one McCarthy or Barry between them. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.