IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

22 hours ago, MikeO said:

If he's not then a great shame no doubt.

Taking emotion aside; he's the architect, he did the research and drew the plans which went forward for planning permission (and no doubt was paid a lot of money for his services). May sound harsh, and I'm no expert, but is his role not now largely complete? If permission is granted the contractors have the blueprints to work from then why do we need his services any more?

He's still saying that whatever has happened he's still certain the project will go ahead and he'll forever be "the man" who brought it to life. I'd be very sad if there's been any falling out with him but business is business.

Standard practice for all elements to go out to tender, welcome to my world nothing is guaranteed in the building industry until you’ve got the order signed off and in your hand. 

On 25/06/2020 at 20:22, Romey 1878 said:

Evertonians being Evertonians. We have the habit of seeing things in a negative light (we’re all guilty of it at times). 

Well on the bright side they provided full architectural and masterplanning services for the Worcestershire Parkway railway station, which opened in February 2020. It is a glass and brick structure so they’ll be experienced in that. The project was delayed but I can’t blame them as when are trains ever on time? 😂

https://planetradio.co.uk/free/local/news/it-out-of-our-hands-worcestershire-county-council-have-delayed-opening-new-train-station/

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Meis has actually been dropped at this stage in a previous project, so I really don’t see what’s got his (or our fans) knickers in a twist. 

I assume because he got really attached to the club as well as the project, and now he’s been dropped. I don’t blame him at all. 
although it’s not Everton that made the decision, still think we should’ve done something 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I assume because he got really attached to the club as well as the project, and now he’s been dropped. I don’t blame him at all. 
although it’s not Everton that made the decision, still think we should’ve done something 

It surprises me that you're fine with him acting like a child about it, rather than staying professional.

46 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It surprises me that you're fine with him acting like a child about it, rather than staying professional.

Where did I say I’m fine with it? I understand his disappointment, that’s about all I’ve said 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

We don’t know if the club did or didn’t put a case forward for him to be involved with the main contractor, from what I gather he did tender to do the works but was unsuccessful. 
Like you and  many others I would like to think he was given every opportunity to be awarded the contract, but he just couldn’t get within his competitors price, I’m sure he was preferred contractor, but in business it’s the bottom line figure that wins not sentiment. 
I’ve experienced many disappointments like this, and you soon realise not to take it personally, because you just beat yourself up, my philosophy is water off a ducks back, and onto the next project. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We don’t know if the club did or didn’t put a case forward for him to be involved with the main contractor, from what I gather he did tender to do the works but was unsuccessful. 
Like you and  many others I would like to think he was given every opportunity to be awarded the contract, but he just couldn’t get within his competitors price, I’m sure he was preferred contractor, but in business it’s the bottom line figure that wins not sentiment. 
I’ve experienced many disappointments like this, and you soon realise not to take it personally, because you just beat yourself up, my philosophy is water off a ducks back, and onto the next project. 

I’ve got a feeling that the UNESCO part of the new contractors took priority so as not to risk planning permission 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve got a feeling that the UNESCO part of the new contractors took priority so as not to risk planning permission 

Possibly mate sounds plausible, I hope he can get over the disappointment, it would be great to see him there for the first game, after all it’s still his vision and design. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Possibly mate sounds plausible, I hope he can get over the disappointment, it would be great to see him there for the first game, after all it’s still his vision and design. 

This. 
Im disappointed in it because he’s been so integral. I can’t speak for everyone but it’s Dan who made me feel it will happen more than anyone else. The way he used Goodison as his inspiration felt right. I can see why he wanted to see the project through, he talked about this being a career defining project and he feels like it’s been taken away. 
I really hope he is there on the opening day. I hope he gets chance to visit the site during construction and see his vision come to life. 
My main hope is to actually see the build completed and I hope it stays to the standard Dan wanted. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...