IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

So strange you need federal approval for a local project.  Here in the USA federal and states have loose guidelines and it’s the cities who have the control and strict guidelines.  If the city approves, it’s a go.  No further ok needed.  

That’s why corruption is rife in the state’s 😉😆

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That’s why corruption is rife in the state’s 😉😆

it has more to do with "state's rights" and the anti-government stance the early americans had (due to british rule).  they felt everything should be done locally, not unilaterally at the fed level.  

so if you need a new fence palfy, the prime minister has to sign off?  if you build a new home, the minister of real estate has to approve it?  seems a bit much

30 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it has more to do with "state's rights" and the anti-government stance the early americans had (due to british rule).  they felt everything should be done locally, not unilaterally at the fed level.  

so if you need a new fence palfy, the prime minister has to sign off?  if you build a new home, the minister of real estate has to approve it?  seems a bit much

53,000 seater £505m project vs sticking up a fence in your backyard?

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

So strange you need federal approval for a local project.  Here in the USA federal and states have loose guidelines and it’s the cities who have the control and strict guidelines.  If the city approves, it’s a go.  No further ok needed.  

Pretty sure this has already been explained, but this is more dotting i's and crossing t’s because of the scale of the project. Much like a city in the US still needs a building permit approval or a federal approval depending on the project type. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Pretty sure this has already been explained, but this is more dotting i's and crossing t’s because of the scale of the project. Much like a city in the US still needs a building permit approval or a federal approval depending on the project type. 

there is no federal approval.  there is a building permit yes, but that's for the city its located in.  in the case of bramley moore, this would have already broken ground in the US.  it just seems to be unnecessary regulation.  what does a guy in london know about the docks in liverpool?  the guy probably has never even been there before, so what does his opinion matter?  what insight will he provide?  what insider knowledge?

those are rhetorical, i already know the answers to them

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

there is no federal approval.  there is a building permit yes, but that's for the city its located in.  in the case of bramley moore, this would have already broken ground in the US.  it just seems to be unnecessary regulation.  what does a guy in london know about the docks in liverpool?  the guy probably has never even been there before, so what does his opinion matter?  what insight will he provide?  what insider knowledge?

There is federal approval in the US depending on the size of the project and the type of project. 

the big difference is that you’ve got more space and less history to worry about :) 

It doesn’t quite go that far but not far off, we Brits are very subservient and know how to tow the line. Local government have most of the say on local issues, but when it’s a project of this size in a historical site that has objections from some bodies then they obliged to look at it, but I have no doubt it will go through because of the  money jobs it will generate in the economy in the area. 

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

There is federal approval in the US depending on the size of the project and the type of project. 

the big difference is that you’ve got more space and less history to worry about :) 

there is not matt, not sure where you are getting that.  cleveland is building a skyscraper for a headquarters for a company, the company worked with the city and that alone to secure it.  feds and state have nothing to do with it.  they have safety rules and code that need to be met, but nothing needs "approved" and no one at state or fed level is rubber stamping it.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

the big difference is that you’ve got more space and less history to worry about

Was going to say similar, Liverpool is only 200 miles from London so the suggestion that people in London know nothing of Liverpool is moot, though probably correct for some (most southern Liverpool fans have never been north of Watford). We don't have massive empty tracts of land like the US and we do have have far more heritage sites to protect. Just not a forgotten rotting dock with historically interesting bits that nobody's allowed to visit.

there is not matt, not sure where you are getting that.  cleveland is building a skyscraper for a headquarters for a company, the company worked with the city and that alone to secure it.  feds and state have nothing to do with it.  they have safety rules and code that need to be met, but nothing needs "approved" and no one at state or fed level is rubber stamping it.

Google is where I got that. 

14 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I’m not American or vastly knowledgable in the building regulations over here or over the pond. However a quick google and it appears some projects over your way don’t go as easily as you make out. Supreme and Federal Courts getting involved etc 

There is no way you build a huge stadium on the historic docks of Liverpool with UNESCO world heritage site status and other historic importance and it’s not overseen by government. It’s right it goes there but IMO it’s right it’ll be approved and let’s hope it won’t take them long. 

9 minutes ago, barryj said:

I’m not American or vastly knowledgable in the building regulations over here or over the pond. However a quick google and it appears some projects over your way don’t go as easily as you make out. Supreme and Federal Courts getting involved etc 

There is no way you build a huge stadium on the historic docks of Liverpool with UNESCO world heritage site status and other historic importance and it’s not overseen by government. It’s right it goes there but IMO it’s right it’ll be approved and let’s hope it won’t take them long. 

Just like you can’t just build wherever you want without an environmental report. 

18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

But each of the countries in the UK are smaller than most states. So for our national government to be involved and your national government to be involved are  two very different scales. 
For us national government approval would be a similar scale to state government approval. 
It’s no big deal though. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

But each of the countries in the UK are smaller than most states. So for our national government to be involved and your national government to be involved are  two very different scales. 
For us national government approval would be a similar scale to state government approval. 
It’s no big deal though. 

Most of their cities are bigger than our counties :lol: 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Does anyone know if the Bramley Moore expenses are part of our budget or is that a separate entity on its own or that moshiri is doing?  

im trying to see if the massive losses are due to bramley moore costs in addition to loss of revenue (no fans) and transfers.

It was for the financial year 19/20 fans were present up to then, some money would have been spent on the Bramley Moore project, I would guess from what I’ve read in the past at about 3-4% of the 140m loses, but no where near what Usmanov ploughed into the club. Most of the the debt is transfers and having by far the highest wages bill in the league against turnover, with some 86% of our turnover going in wages. 
Matt and Steve are share holders I believe so they may have accounts to hand for a better appraisal of what has happened. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

It was for the financial year 19/20 fans were present up to then, some money would have been spent on the Bramley Moore project, I would guess from what I’ve read in the past at about 3-4% of the 140m loses, but no where near what Usmanov ploughed into the club. Most of the the debt is transfers and having by far the highest wages bill in the league against turnover, with some 86% of our turnover going in wages. 
Matt and Steve are share holders I believe so they may have accounts to hand for a better appraisal of what has happened. 

I wish I was, but unfortunately not. However, I’m quite adept with google ;)

https://www.evertonfc.com/club/shareholders/statement-of-accounts

happy reading! 

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

I stopped reading the accounts after Moshiri came in. I feel it’s sort of pointless in that money is getting splashed about, and when the debts get too big he pays them off and takes more control of the club. So the financial result is kind of irrelevant at the moment. I suspect after the stadium has been built Moshiri will want to see the accounts stabilise. 
I used to get all wound up by the “other expenses” nonsense, not that it makes any difference at all to me. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I stopped reading the accounts after Moshiri came in. I feel it’s sort of pointless in that money is getting splashed about, and when the debts get too big he pays them off and takes more control of the club. So the financial result is kind of irrelevant at the moment. I suspect after the stadium has been built Moshiri will want to see the accounts stabilise. 
I used to get all wound up by the “other expenses” nonsense, not that it makes any difference at all to me. 

I’m pretty much the same I’m a fan not a owner or major shareholder, all though I do understand the concept that if things aren’t run correctly with the sort of money we are talking about things can quite easily take a turn for the worse, but I just want to see a successful team playing good football and let others take care of the rest, and hopefully it won’t be to much longer before I get my wish.