IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Popped down to see it for myself this afternoon for the first time and it really brought home just how. Big the site is, exciting times!

Love a birra moretti....and the site looks impressive as well:D

Is the pub going to be staying? When I went down for a look at the site a couple of years back it looked in a pretty sorry state, but I guess the development makes it prime real estate.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Love a birra moretti....and the site looks impressive as well:D

Is the pub going to be staying? When I went down for a look at the site a couple of years back it looked in a pretty sorry state, but I guess the development makes it prime real estate.

Yeah it’s staying. It’s going to be quite a squeeze getting in there once the ground goes up by the way! Probably not too much has changed in the surrounding are since you last saw it to be honest, but that will soon change once the 10 streets project kicks in 

When you read the article and see what can be achieved for £500m the mind boggles when you think we have spent more than that on the purchase of players and achieved nothing. That’s the cost of throwing money at DofF managers and players who have been poor or at best average, then you look at the stadium and you can see what can be achieved for less investment when you instruct the right people for the project and allow them to impart their experience without interference. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

We’ve got 25K on the season ticket waiting list. We’ve definitely thought too small with a 52K stadium. 

I agree we have, should have been closer to 60k, but not all of those will take up the option of having a season ticket. Add to that people who have had kids who don’t have them on a waiting list yet who would like to take them in a few years  

With 15% taken off 52,800 for away fans were left with 44,880, but after corporate seats call it 41,000. Take off 10% as they will want space for general sale tickets at a higher price, leaving space for 36,900.  
Don’t we have 23k now? So maybe only 13-14,000 of the waiting list might get a ticket. 

I’m hoping I’ve over estimated the away fans at 15% (7,920) and the corporate seats (3,880) to give more space for season tickets. For me we need to be having 40,000 season tickets, plus enough for everything else on top. 

I agree. I think I heard that only 1 in 5 normally take up a season ticket. As a southern Evertonian season ticket holder I’m not looking forward to this season with the prices of fuel going up in an almost daily basis. I seriously considered stopping it this season purely down to this. 

Having seen the layout for the searing areas, I’m disappointed there aren’t any general seats in the middle of the  west stand, I like sitting high up and near centre line. All the seats seem to be hospitality stuff, which could be a big mistake with no ST holders in an area of the ground to make some noise.

18 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Having seen the layout for the searing areas, I’m disappointed there aren’t any general seats in the middle of the  west stand, I like sitting high up and near centre line. All the seats seem to be hospitality stuff, which could be a big mistake with no ST holders in an area of the ground to make some noise.

The upper tier in the west stand will have general seating, it’s just towards the goal, either side of the hospitality.  
Could try the east stand? 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

The upper tier in the west stand will have general seating, it’s just towards the goal, either side of the hospitality.  
Could try the east stand? 

I’m being very picky, I want to be on centre line in west stand with a bit of wind protection, it’s going to be feckin cold on the Mersey in winter, a bit of protection from the wind will be nice. If your not sure what I mean, walk down Old Hall St any day of the year and you’ll get an idea of what I’m on about.😱

14 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I’m being very picky, I want to be on centre line in west stand with a bit of wind protection, it’s going to be feckin cold on the Mersey in winter, a bit of protection from the wind will be nice. If your not sure what I mean, walk down Old Hall St any day of the year and you’ll get an idea of what I’m on about.😱

Surely the design of stadiums nowadays will have the roof in a way that deflects the wind away? 

9 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I know exactly what you mean, I used to work just off Regent Road. Winters were not fun! 😂

Ill be investing in a big coat, some gloves and a hat. South stand is going to be chilly!