IGNORED

Milwall (FA Cup Away) Saturday January 26th

markjazzbassist

We are back to where we were when Martinez was manager when it comes to defending, the only difference was we could play decent football going forward with Martinez and score goals on a regular basis. 

For me Silva is the weakest of the 3 managers under Moshiri’s watch one win in his last eleven games at Watford should have warned us that when things start going wrong he doesn’t no how to correct them, it won’t be long before he beats that stat with us. 

33 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Fifty years of supporting the club and this is pretty close to the most depressed/angry I've ever been. For sure their second goal was insanity by the officials (they will be horrified seeing the replays) but our inability to defend set pieces is a joke. Do we have a defensive coach? If not we need one big time.

Me too Mike. Feel utterly deflated today.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

... all that needs is the players on the pitch to be aggressive and have that desire to go and win the ball in the air.

Virtually all of our players lack intelligent aggressiveness, which I prefer to characterize as relentlessness.  We are passive on defense, which shows consistently and disastrously on set pieces.  And opponents know it.  Opposing teams are invariably more confident than Everton; even inferior teams expect to beat us.  They enter a match expecting we will lose concentration.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Fifty years of supporting the club and this is pretty close to the most depressed/angry I've ever been. For sure their second goal was insanity by the officials (they will be horrified seeing the replays) but our inability to defend set pieces is a joke. Do we have a defensive coach? If not we need one big time.

I don’t understand how that goal was allowed. It’s no excuse and we should have beaten them handily (pun intended) anyway, but that shit was absolutely pathetic. If I did my job that poorly I would be fired instantly.

10 hours ago, badaids said:

Well Marco has already in effect had a vote confidence, so I don't think he can be that far away from the chop to be honest.  It's right to say that it's horrible to sack the manager every year, and we are nowhere near as bas as at this point last year, but Marco has clearly lost control of the situation and has no idea of how to pull out of the nosedive we are in.

Is Moshiri looking for stability and does he plan on giving the manager a fair crack and a lengthy rein? Or is he looking for success at any cost? If he is, you'd imagine Silva will be out by the summer if things dont drastically improve. I mean, in the bigger picture he has Brands at the helm, the manager is easily replaced.

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Pathetic. 

I’m going to repeat myself: Games are won and lost in midfield. It’s there that we need leadership and passion. Drop Sigurdsson. He makes the team unbalanced. 

Whilst the midfield at the moment is certainly becoming a big issue, dropping a player who has scored a thrid of out goals just doesnt make sense to me.

Siggy cant seem to make the ball stick recently, but neither can Gomes, Richarlison, any striker we have on the field and many more.

But I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned leadership, there is a big problem with that at the minute. It feels like the team is full of individuals, and not the kind of individual that can step up and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Damn, it wasn't just a bad dream😡.

No it wasn’t and even after a poor nights sleep ( due mainly to the high winds) I can’t find any comfort in where we go from here if personnel aren’t changed, Silva has publicly stated on more than one occasion that he will not change is philosophy on how he plays football particularly defending. 

If he is unwilling to change or concede that it’s not working then they only way left to improve from here is to change him, time or transfer windows won’t make any difference he’s entrenched in his views. 

Look what happened at Watford one win in eleven and he couldn’t stop the slide is that due to him not being prepared to make changes to his own plan, what ever it was they took matters into their own hands and are in a far better position now he’s gone and on a small budget. 

If I had any doubts at all about whether he could do the job yesterday completely dissolved them he is not good enough his attitude and tactics are terrible and I don’t really know what his tactics are. 

A massive part of our problem in midfield is that they are so far apart from each other when we are trying to build the play. Again at times yesterday you had Gana and Gomes dropping into the FB spots to pick the ball up but instead of this pushing the ball back inside, they push further up the wing, in turn pushing the wingers further up the win. Because Gana and Gomes are so deep, Siggy and DCL are 30 yards away with 2 or 3 opposition players between them and the ball.

If that happens then you would expect the other central midfielder to make a big effort to come into the middle of the pitch but they dont, and you would expect Siggy to drop deeper to pick the ball up but he doesnt. Eventually we get pressed and unless the move can build back through the CBs or a ball can be played into the FB (which plays into the oppositions hands) then the ball will get turned over.

There is no doubt that Siggurddson is a very good player, but his presence in this side in his current role isnt helping us at all.

I think the VAR issue is us clutching at straws, the back 4 are all strangers to each other, someone said the 2 free kicks against LD were soft, its LD who is soft

We must have said all week dont give free kicks around the the box, hes shoves the lad in the back under the linos nose clear shove the lads going no were, top class numptyism

Then he goes into the back of their man after the ball has gone, now i know footballers are not the brightest but come on how can silva be blamed for that.LD should be droped for a month till he wises up, we do have a good replacement at the moment, he has not done to bad since his arrival but his defensive side is poor.  As for kean bullied by a sunday league striker panicked into hoofing the ball anywhere, hes been in this league all his life and his 2nd year with us no excuses, time to move him on and get a leader.

Why play AG & GS in the same team against a team who will bully and get in your faces they dont have a tackle between them were was davis? or any ball winner, did we not get the weather forecast and see what kind of night it was going to be.

As for Gana he does not tackle he nicks the ball, his first thought is to go backwards and if he goes forward its always behind the player so the move slows down, he is the main reason we are slow going forward. PSG in for him who made that up his agent.  Right now its very difficult being a blue in a family full of reds, probably my lowest ebb in 60 years as a blue.

17 hours ago, Bailey said:

I actually thought we played alright in the second half bar those bloody set pieces. We still fail to shoot and we still pick silly passes when easy passes are available but at least there was some urgency. 

Their second goal is a bit unlucky. The freekick was soft anyway and then we win the header but the breaks dont go our way and that happens. That 3rd goal is another fucking travesty. People will blame Silva but like the first goal, all that needs is the players on the pitch to be aggressive and have that desire to go and win the ball in the air. They all know whats coming, just get your fucking head on it. It was just pathetic. They should have been climbing over each other to win the ball but instead Coleman is getting bullied around y their players to win the ball whilst ours sit and watch. 

I honestly dont know what the answer is anymore. The manager doesnt matter. The good players are soft and the ones that do give a shit arent good enough. 

Exactly where I’m at as well

8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

When the winner went in, silva just threw his hands up in the air like what? Pathetic. We are piss poor. The midfield is non existent and we haven’t got a striker. We are miles off the top six. I’m sorry but managers are sacked for way worse form. Get moyes back. Yep I said it 

Look at the Mancs, Solskjaer gets the club, turns it around.

22 hours ago, badaids said:

Well Marco has already in effect had a vote confidence, so I don't think he can be that far away from the chop to be honest.  It's right to say that it's horrible to sack the manager every year, and we are nowhere near as bas as at this point last year, but Marco has clearly lost control of the situation and has no idea of how to pull out of the nosedive we are in.

Silva has looked nervy not long since the Derby. He looked relieved after the Bournemouth game, wouldn't have been surprised if he was told he was getting the chop if he lost that one and given recent results he must have one foot out the door. 

The no signings in January could be more a sign of us looking at a new manager rather than money issues. 

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Silva has looked nervy not long since the Derby. He looked relieved after the Bournemouth game, wouldn't have been surprised if he was told he was getting the chop if he lost that one and given recent results he must have one foot out the door. 

The no signings in January could be more a sign of us looking at a new manager rather than money issues. 

I agree the board may have learnt from Koeman's  reign that it doesn't pay to allow managers to buy when they look so short of the ability to do the job.

Have a mate, Baggies fan, one of them posted on FB after their game,

Pride is a five letter word... And with five acadamy players on the pitch offering such a fantastic glimpse of our future induces a level of pride I've not felt about the Baggies for years.. You can buy players, but you cannot buy an acadamy..THAT WAS SPECIAL

21 hours ago, MikeO said:

You know I didn't feel much at all when their third went in. When Digne got the free kick I said to my daughter 'they're gonna score here'. I was raging when Martinez lost all grip of the defensive side of the game, bewildered and disbelieving at just how shit things went under Koeman... But all this just has an air of inevitability about it now, the last 5 years have been utter shit and I can't even be arsed being angry anymore. 

3 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Have a mate, Baggies fan, one of them posted on FB after their game,

Pride is a five letter word... And with five acadamy players on the pitch offering such a fantastic glimpse of our future induces a level of pride I've not felt about the Baggies for years.. You can buy players, but you cannot buy an acadamy..THAT WAS SPECIAL

That is what all fans will say until it goes tits up!