IGNORED

Milwall (FA Cup Away) Saturday January 26th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, BedfordBlue said:

What the fuck has Moshiri done wrong apart from apoint the wrong manager and is probably bills job and inject millions of pounds into the club

Appointed 3 wrong managers and headed the spending of hundreds of millions on mostly shit.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t think I have felt this down in a long time. I’m gutted, absolutely devastated.

I'm not. It's football.   Treat it for what it is. A game where the team you love is doing shit.  

Got dickheads going to games slashing people's faces... scarred for life. The result will be a faded memory in a few years for many.

Just now, MikeO said:

Sad day for Everton but also a sad day for officialdom, does the cup have VAR or does it not? You can't introduce it in some games but not in others, if you enter a competition all should play by the same rules surely.

Just now, MikeO said:

Sad day for Everton but also a sad day for officialdom, does the cup have VAR or does it not? You can't introduce it in some games but not in others, if you enter a competition all should play by the same rules surely.

agree completely i looked it up and it's like 3 matches a day, what a fucking sham.

Awful performance once again, we tried to play clever passing and flick ons in awful weather on an awful pitch, against a team that just wanted to clatter us at every opportunity. We needed to play simpler more direct foorball. Didn't help ourselves by not being able to clear the ball, and giving away stupid free kicks, two from Digne which resulted in two goals.

I don't believe in changing managers without giving them a chance to prove themselves, but I'm starting to worry Marco isn'tt up to the job, we need huge improvement on Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

VAR is just used in the League Cup this season, not in the FA Cup of Premiership, but we needed it today.

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I'm not. It's football.   Treat it for what it is. A game where the team you love is doing shit.  

Got dickheads going to games slashing people's faces... scarred for life. The result will be a faded memory in a few years for many.

Your right mate, but i still feel like shit. Not even angry, just upset with that.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Appointed 3 wrong managers and headed the spending of hundreds of millions on mostly shit.

I'd sooner have a chairman who hires, backs and sacks than a chairman who had us winning the spend little but finish 5th cup as our highlight for 11 years...

At least I get the feeling moshiri is able to get us operating in the level that we need to be. 

Liverpool hired and fired lots of managers and have ended up better for it. What did we get for our 11 years with moyes? 

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Yeah... I get that. And we now have a DOF who will no doubt be looking at that position.   I wanted Silva myself... it hasn't worked. 

I hope to God that Brands has someone in mind not from this league we need someone with a completely different mind set and fresh ideas.

The problem is THE MANAGER. I lost fate in Marco Silva. I don't think he's at a level matching our ambitions. He's simply not good enough. We should find proven manager. What are we thinking, we'll find the next Pocettino out of nowhere? Fuck no. Look what happened to Monaco. We should stop throwing millions on players and secure a highly paid proven Manager who can fix this mess. I wouldn't mind if we sign Mourinho at this point.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

yes it is, only select matches which is bull shit

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/jan/17/fa-cup-var-fourth-round-170119

Surely one of the selected matches (if it has to be that way) should be one covered live by the multiple angles offered by the national broadcaster.

I really hope Millwall are dry humped in the next round.

1 minute ago, Haiku said:

The problem is THE MANAGER. I lost fate in Marco Silva. I don't think he's at a level matching our ambitions. He's simply not good enough. We should find proven manager. What are we thinking, we'll find the next Pocettino out of nowhere? Fuck no. Look what happened to Monaco. We should stop throwing millions on players and secure a highly paid proven Manager who can fix this mess. I wouldn't mind if we sign Mourinho at this point.

we should have gotten jardim, he's a great manager, they did him dirty by selling their whole squad and then firing him, i'm perplexed why he went back there.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Surely one of the selected matches (if it has to be that way) should be one covered live by the multiple angles offered by the national broadcaster.

I really hope Millwall are dry humped in the next round.

See their classless nob of a manager kicking off trying to get the replay on the large screen shut down? 

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I'd sooner have a chairman who hires, backs and sacks than a chairman who had us winning the spend little but finish 5th cup as our highlight for 11 years...

At least I get the feeling moshiri is able to get us operating in the level that we need to be. 

Liverpool hired and fired lots of managers and have ended up better for it. What did we get for our 11 years with moyes? 

So would I Haf but he's had to much input into what goes on with the team and he isn'tt a football man he is out of his depth when it comes any decisions in and around the team, but he can't stop putting his oar in.

11 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I would like, so I can show them the obvious: Hire a proven manager with footballing brain and rebuild from there.

i don't want to fire Silva, but who realistically (key word here) could we replace him with?  unsworth till the summer?  then poach again?  the only manager with proven success in the dutch league and europa is peter bosz but he's worse than silva in that his matches are 6-5 and no defense is played.

25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

So would I Haf but he's had to much input into what goes on with the team and he isn'ttt a football man he is out of his depth when it comes any decisions in and around the team, but he can't stop putting his oar in.

Id like to understand what level of interference he has if any...

From what I understand our last 2 chairmen have had too much say.  Just bankroll the right mansgers/dofs and that's it. 

I actually thought we played alright in the second half bar those bloody set pieces. We still fail to shoot and we still pick silly passes when easy passes are available but at least there was some urgency. 

Their second goal is a bit unlucky. The freekick was soft anyway and then we win the header but the breaks dont go our way and that happens. That 3rd goal is another fucking travesty. People will blame Silva but like the first goal, all that needs is the players on the pitch to be aggressive and have that desire to go and win the ball in the air. They all know whats coming, just get your fucking head on it. It was just pathetic. They should have been climbing over each other to win the ball but instead Coleman is getting bullied around y their players to win the ball whilst ours sit and watch. 

I honestly dont know what the answer is anymore. The manager doesnt matter. The good players are soft and the ones that do give a shit arent good enough. 

Well Marco has already in effect had a vote confidence, so I don't think he can be that far away from the chop to be honest.  It's right to say that it's horrible to sack the manager every year, and we are nowhere near as bas as at this point last year, but Marco has clearly lost control of the situation and has no idea of how to pull out of the nosedive we are in.

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Id like to understand what level of interference he has if any...

From what I understand our last 2 chairmen have had too much say.  Just bankroll the right mansgers/dofs and that's it. 

I agree that's what should happen but I've always had this notion about him that he thinks he knows better than anyone else, I know fat Sam is full of sour grapes when it comes to anything Everton but because of the feeling I had about Moshiri from day one, I believe it when he said they would decide if a player was good enough if they didn't then defend it, because that's a damming statement that should be contested if not true the silence convinces me even more that he interfered with team affairs.

Fifty years of supporting the club and this is pretty close to the most depressed/angry I've ever been. For sure their second goal was insanity by the officials (they will be horrified seeing the replays) but our inability to defend set pieces is a joke. Do we have a defensive coach? If not we need one big time.