IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Sunday April 7th

markjazzbassist

2 hours ago, barryj said:

Throughly enjoyed that. We look a completely different team to a few months ago. All pressing and working hard for the team. Superb management to get a time out of a team that in theory have nothing to play for. 

It’s been a tale of two derbies: great before the first and after the second but terrible between them. 

23 hours ago, MikeO said:

Nice one mate, funerals (which I'm getting more used to at my age) can be really uplifting and positive experiences, I certainly hope mine is. Wish I could be be there tomorrow so I could buy you a beer you could buy me a beer but I'm awa with the jocks the noo (that's how we talk up here:unsure:).

Me too, family down from north of the border but managed to have the kitchen TV paying in the background during lunch. Made up with the performance.

Really enjoyed that today. Brilliant result and the team performance was top notch. Goodison looks so much better these days too. They've done a great job of refreshing the Grand Old Lady (last lot of games I've been to have been winter and/or night time, so I've not done a lap for a while!).

Hard to criticise anyone really. The lads really seem to be clicking at the moment and taking it up a level. When was the last time we had to moan about conceding at set pieces? Small things are being put to bed bit by bit, and that early season form and, more importantly, style of play is returning. Hopefully this will show why we can't sack a manager as soon as we hit a poor run. Hopefully I said!!!

Players that stood out most for me were DCL. That boy is a nightmare for the opposition. He's being lightly criticised out there for not scoring enough, yet he has a better goals to minutes ratio than anyone else! What he does is hold the ball up, brilliantly, and creates enough of a head ache that the likes of Gylfi, Richarlison and Bernard get the chance to score, or should do! Really want him to get at least 2 more to get him to a minimum of 10, I always think getting to double figures is a good start.

Bernard was great again. He tracks back brilliantly and pops up all over. Just needs a bit more finesse in and around the penalty box.

Gana and Gomes. Don't even need to say anything.

Excellent 3 points.

Battered them. I really hope we continue this form into Fulham, we could have put 5 past west ham - probably 4/5 past arsenal here so I feel there’s one around the corner and it could be Fulham. Stoked to be getting these results against the bigger teams, especially since they are fighting for UCL and we are trying to catch 7th

30 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Life changing. That was absolutely the most amazing sporting experience of my life. As a stateside fan I chose Everton because Tim Cahill embodied everything I want in a footballer and the club was known for its familial atmosphere. Having been a fan for 10+ years now of course I was concerned that the experience/club wouldn't live up to the expectations created in my head all these years. Live up to expectations? This experience confirmed everything I was hoping for and then some. Just a spectacular day I will never ever forget.

Thank you to all the fans on this forum, and the entire fan base, for your commitment and passion to the club and your unwavering commitment to the ideals this club was founded on over 140 years ago. I have a deep appreciation for you and all of your family members from prior generations for making the club what it is today.

If we don't win another trophy in my lifetime I will die a happy man because this club represents more than wins and losses. The identity of Everton Football Club is its most valuable asset. Always has been and hopefully always will be. 

I will be back to say goodbye before the move to the docks.  

Love this. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Life changing. That was absolutely the most amazing sporting experience of my life. As a stateside fan I chose Everton because Tim Cahill embodied everything I want in a footballer and the club was known for its familial atmosphere. Having been a fan for 10+ years now of course I was concerned that the experience/club wouldn't live up to the expectations created in my head all these years. Live up to expectations? This experience confirmed everything I was hoping for and then some. Just a spectacular day I will never ever forget.

Thank you to all the fans on this forum, and the entire fan base, for your commitment and passion to the club and your unwavering commitment to the ideals this club was founded on over 140 years ago. I have a deep appreciation for you and all of your family members from prior generations for making the club what it is today.

If we don't win another trophy in my lifetime I will die a happy man because this club represents more than wins and losses. The identity of Everton Football Club is its most valuable asset. Always has been and hopefully always will be. 

I will be back to say goodbye before the move to the docks.  

Everton Football Club, and it's fans, are special.