IGNORED

2019/20 Pre-season.

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Bernard needs to Bury that! 

Gomes looking laggy still bit worried if he starts first game of the season as he's looked further behind fitness wise than the rest of the squad all preseason. 

That Klassen looks useful. Could have been a decent option instead of Gyfli., always getting in between the lines. 

Always felt he wasn't given enough of a chance here, but obviously the managers he played under didn't feel he was trustworthy on the pitch. 

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Think Gomes has been fine myself. Him and Schneiderlin playing well together. He is a player that is just that little bit too easy to get past.

Bernie and DCL most of the pace to me. Richarlison surprisingly sharp.

First 20 minutes his passing was very sloppy. But overall I just think he's off the pace compared to the rest. 

Agree on Bernard and Richarlison (liked that he was fuming over the corner even though its pivot a friendly, he wants to win), don't think DCL has been that bad other than one he should have done better with in the box. 

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Pitch invader when we were in a great position with Digne on the ball inside the box! 

Personally Klaassen has been as anonynous as Siggy.

Check his off ball movement when Werder have possession. Constantly making himself available or at least making space by forcing our players to move. Probably the thing I'd change most about Sigurdssen, that or a yard of pace. 

Where is Siggy today? He just isn't getting touches. DCL hasn't gotten a lot of service, but is typically busy with little to show. Bernard is poor - not just the missed shot, but the lovely ball to unlock OUR defense was underwhelming. Mina looks quite solid, actually we looks very solid thru the middle, with the CB's and mids playing as a unit. Dinge.....um, he is like  really good footballer.

Is it just me, or do we really miss having someone crash the back post when Coleman put the ball in? I know Bernard can't help that he is a midget, but it seems we never have anyone there, if it doesn't get to DCL or someone crashing the middle or middle-front, it goes begging.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Not too bad.

Gomes sloppy at times, nearly gifted them a goal, but a save by Pickford, or was it a deflection?

We look a different team attacking with Richie, but still too little.

Bernards miss was a bit embarrassing, hope he can get his head up.

That was a Bernard turnover, I am pretty sure?

Just now, Shukes said:

Ahh could have been. Stream ain’t the best here.

ESPN stream here in the States is good today.  I can't put my finger on it, but I have really liked the camera work today. Not sure who is producing the feed, but some of the lower/pitch-level camerawork is making for an enjoyable watch.

15 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Where is Siggy today? He just isn't getting touches. DCL hasn't gotten a lot of service, but is typically busy with little to show. Bernard is poor - not just the missed shot, but the lovely ball to unlock OUR defense was underwhelming. Mina looks quite solid, actually we looks very solid thru the middle, with the CB's and mids playing as a unit. Dinge.....um, he is like  really good footballer.

Is it just me, or do we really miss having someone crash the back post when Coleman put the ball in? I know Bernard can't help that he is a midget, but it seems we never have anyone there, if it doesn't get to DCL or someone crashing the middle or middle-front, it goes begging.

Yeh this Siggy problem will always be there whilst he is at the club. I don't like 10s and he (and Klaassen in this game) show why because they don't get on the ball enough, especially in a well drilled and compact side. They need to start from deeper and move into the space rather in space to start with where they get marked by either a CB or DM. 

I agree about the back post thing too. Always seem to have an over hit cross ready for someone to knock it in at the back post. 

Surprised Pizarro is still playing at this level, he's 40!

Bit more from Google, he's the oldest scorer in the Bundersliga and only one to score in 21 consecutive years. He's also signed for Werder four times so wouldn't be surprised if that's a record too. 

Good game that and the perfect test ahead of the opener next week.

We created enough chances to win the game but probably conceded enough to have lost it too. 

Most players did some good and bad. Gomes getting caught out more than he should, Bernard turning over the ball too easily at times despite some decent play and DCL didn’t get a lot of service but he didnt do anything with it when he did. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

don't think DCL has been that bad other than one he should have done better with in the box. 

But that's been the problem ever since he got given his opportunities he doesn't do enough in the box, you really need to start to face it we cannot make progress with a striker who can't find his way in the box great lad full of endeavour but no end result sadly not a starter, bring him on 15-20 minutes to go to keep their defenders busy when you want to close the game down and that's about it.