IGNORED

2019/20 Pre-season.

49 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But that's been the problem ever since he got given his opportunities he doesn't do enough in the box, you really need to start to face it we cannot make progress with a striker who can't find his way in the box great lad full of endeavour but no end result sadly not a starter, bring him on 15-20 minutes to go to keep their defenders busy when you want to close the game down and that's about it.

I've said it for a while he simply isn't good enough 

People act like he's just left our academy... He's 22 and doesn't show many fundamentals he could vastly improve 

We can't afford to carry players and hope they come good down the line 

7 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

People act like he's just left our academy... He's 22 and doesn't show many fundamentals he could vastly improve 

If DC-L is the answer we're not asking the right questions I don't think, Cenk looked far more likely to score in the short time he had. Needs addressing, hopefully Kean will hit the ground running because at the moment I don't see where our goals are coming from.

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Exactly mate he needs to go out on loan 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

If DC-L is the answer we're not asking the right questions I don't think, Cenk looked far more likely to score in the short time he had. Needs addressing, hopefully Kean will hit the ground running because at the moment I don't see where our goals are coming from.

I don't think the players are the problem. Doesn't matter how good your striker is if the tactics are off, just see Moyes at United. 

Didn’t DCL have our best effort? And we want to get rid of him? 

Palfy that Italian wine is strong stuff mate. 

Joking aside I agree with PeteO. It doesn't matter who you have up there if the team is t set up to create chances. Our problem is our forward creating players are toothless at the moment. 

Bernard is one of those we all want to come good, but we’re beginning to realise.... he just might not be good enough for this league. His miss today was embarrassing.

Siggy has great stats.

Richarlison seems the lone creative player up there.

Digne and Coleman are our most creative players at the moment. This is what needs addressing. There is no point buying a striker that can create half chances.... if those chances are the only ones he will ever get.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Didn’t DCL have our best effort? And we want to get rid of him? 

Palfy that Italian wine is strong stuff mate. 

Joking aside I agree with PeteO. It doesn't matter who you have up there if the team is t set up to create chances. Our problem is our forward creating players are toothless at the moment. 

Bernard is one of those we all want to come good, but we’re beginning to realise.... he just might not be good enough for this league. His miss today was embarrassing.

Siggy has great stats.

Richarlison seems the lone creative player up there.

Digne and Coleman are our most creative players at the moment. This is what needs addressing. There is no point buying a striker that can create half chances.... if those chances are the only ones he will ever get.

Yes I remember them days when Lukaku was here. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yes I remember them days when Lukaku was here. 

Exactly mate. 

We had a player that could score half chances or make his own, but did t create enough and ended up winning nothing at all.

We want to improve the team, not take a backwards step.

Just watched extended highlights. We could have scored and should have scored four at least. Bernard’s miss was terrible but his alround game and interplay with Digne is a joy to watch. I don’t see how it’s marcos fault that players lack the composure in front of goal. That’s natural instinct. I think our defence has sorted themselves out. Mina struggles when he is turned around and that is a worry but I’m hoping we have some lined up as it’s obvious it’s not Zouma. I’m just hoping we get kean over the line because for that money he seems like a bargain 

21 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Exactly mate. 

We had a player that could score half chances or make his own, but did t create enough and ended up winning nothing at all.

We want to improve the team, not take a backwards step.

But the point being we still need that player who can score. 

46 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

We have a really good first team but as it stands our subs are weak as fuck. 

I'd say our manager is weakest link he added 5 points more last season even though he had Digne, Zouma, Gomes, Richarlison, and Bernard on top of a fully fit Coleman and Keane. Pickford and DCL also would have been better as they had a years more experience. 

We don't need 5 new players, we need a manager who knows more than one tactic. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I hooked u in. So if the window stopped tonight with the squad as is and you had Jose. We would be better off?

Mourinho got united to second and won the europa with a worse side than we currently have. Sam Alladyce got the same position as Silva with just 5 less points even though Silva had a more balanced squad, arguably 9 better starter's and easier opposition, and full preseason. Nevermind Mourinho doing better, Alladyce would have. 

Silva has the most bizarre subs and tactical nous of any Everton manager in my lifetime, that includes Walter Smith. Look at the Palace game, first sub is Tosun on the 73rd minute a direct change with DCL, then 84th Lookman for Bernard, and finally Walcott for Sigurdssen 86th. Basically didn't make any changes to the tactics until the 86th minute. Palace aimed for a draw and got it, we only had one scare for them with Tosun coming close. It was embarrassing and if we had the global presence of man United Silva would be laughed at like Moyes was there. Same thing every week, down the wing and cross it. Sometimes Sigurdssen is that anonymous you forget he's on the pitch and I see nothing different in pre-season to show next season will be any different. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

And he didn't score it, did he? That's DCL's problem right there.

Again, I like him but it's madness that anyone thinks/thought we could get through the season with him as our main striker.

Don’t think anyone is saying that at all are they?

I know a few, myself included don’t want to write him off and want him included alongside another striker this season.

But I also find it crazy that some want to let him go already. Haha some are saying he should go out on loan.... which would leave is Cenk.... that’s crazy, if not plain stupid.

DCL is a good player. He doesn’t score enough goals, but was involved in by far our best run. Was it all him? Of course not. But was it anything to do with him? Of course it was, that’s why he was picked.

I would just like to see him grow alongside another top striker. Or even partner them.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Confirmed your new ridiculous target I see?

Feel free to make an argument to justify Silva’s decisions and tactics. Crystal Palace were comfortable letting us have the ball because they knew exactly what our players were gonna do yet Silva didn't change anything. People moaned about Martinez for doing the same thing over over. I don't see why Silva should get an easy ride when he's taken over a relatively easy task and failed. 5 points more with essentially 9 out of 11 players better and a stronger bench. Bear in mind it was an easier season to pick up points last year as well. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Feel free to make an argument to justify Silva’s decisions and tactics. Crystal Palace were comfortable letting us have the ball because they knew exactly what our players were gonna do yet Silva didn't change anything. People moaned about Martinez for doing the same thing over over. I don't see why Silva should get an easy ride when he's taken over a relatively easy task and failed. 5 points more with essentially 9 out of 11 players better and a stronger bench. Bear in mind it was an easier season to pick up points last year as well. 

Have done many a-time. The fact you think the previous manager was better completely undermines any credibility to your argument. Yet again. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Have done many a-time. The fact you think the previous manager was better completely undermines any credibility to your argument. Yet again. 

Imagine Marco come when we first tried to sign him. He'd hands moaned the players are shite that he needs 11 new ones and it's not his fault we're bottom half/relegated. 

Alladyce isn't a likable person but he's a competent football manager. 

13 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Don’t think anyone is saying that at all are they?

I know a few, myself included don’t want to write him off and want him included alongside another striker this season.

But I also find it crazy that some want to let him go already. Haha some are saying he should go out on loan.... which would leave is Cenk.... that’s crazy, if not plain stupid.

DCL is a good player. He doesn’t score enough goals, but was involved in by far our best run. Was it all him? Of course not. But was it anything to do with him? Of course it was, that’s why he was picked.

I would just like to see him grow alongside another top striker. Or even partner them.

Plenty have said we’d be fine and would be comfortable with him as our main striker for the season. 

Im certainly not writing him off but I’m not all that confident he’s even close to being any sort of answer for us. 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Alladyce isn't a likable person but he's a competent football manager. 

No. No he is not. He is a completely incompetent football manager. A very competent anti-football manager who is only concerned about himself and not the team/club. He has repeatedly proven this at every club that he’s been at and left them worse than he started. Unlikeable is also a complete understatement. 

Its statements like this that I was talking about. Even when you make sensible posts, which outside of Silva and Gana I tend to think are sensible, I can’t tell for sure if you’re trolling or not. 

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

No. No he is not. He is a completely incompetent football manager. A very competent anti-football manager who is only concerned about himself and not the team/club. He has repeatedly proven this at every club that he’s been at and left them worse than he started. Unlikeable is also a complete understatement. 

Its statements like this that I was talking about. Even when you make sensible posts, which outside of Silva and Gana I tend to think are sensible, I can’t tell for sure if you’re trolling or not. 

Your opinion is completely fucked by your obvious hate for the man. Just look at what he done at Bolton. Newcastle fans say they didn't give him enough time, and we'll West Ham are West Ham. He's done mission impossible keeping Sunderland up, something our highly regarded Moysiah couldn't do.