IGNORED

2019/20 Pre-season.

Missed the start but seemed solid enough in the second half of the half. Coleman and Digne look lively, Mina has been good on what I have seen (albeit sounds like it wasnt the case earlier). Delph, Gomes and Siggy linking nicely through midfield but everything seems to break down with the front 3 in a combination of poor quality or poor decisions.

Wigan have been the better team here. Looks like a pre season game and we have a long way to go before we are ready for the opener. 

Bernard and Digne's flicks don't seem to be coming off. Sigurdsson is anonymous (he can't even get in the game against a championship side), Mina looks rusty (still), as does Gomes. Coleman looking like the stand out player so far for me. 

Also noticed we've been making some good runs, but not making the pass. 

12 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Same story, different day: We control most of the ball but struggle to break down the final third.

No stats to back it up but I'd wager Wigan have had more contol of the ball than us. They've certainly had more chances.

1 minute ago, plaidharper said:

Was hoping the first half team would get more minutes...

One more friendly then we're playing competitive games, and we've got a team out there mostly of kids who will never play for us this season and players who are waiting to be moved on.

Sometimes silva needs questioning. 

Thought we were better that 2nd half. Couple of half chances but nothing more. 

Davies clearly the spark, Mirallas was actually pretty decent and Holgate again did well too. The young lads all showed some promise but they also looked like they need time to mature. 

Im not quite sure how to describe McCarthy as he showed signs of his old form but some of his longer passing was lacklustre and he looked leggy, a bit like Barry did after 60 mins. 

The other strange one is Hornby. He has great technique for a big lad, but Im not sure he has the rest of the game to go with it. He needs to add some timber and if he does he might make something of himself. It wouldnt surprise me if he is one of those players who makes it in his later years.

Just come back from the game. Training exercise. Delph looked decent enough and always wanted the ball and Mina looks like  he’s got a blunder in him. DCl gave nothing upfront. I know it’s his first game but if we don’t get a striker that can create something out of nothing then we aren’t going to reach our target. Second half Davies was everywhere. Did some really nice things that the crowd enjoyed. I didn’t have a programme so struggled to see who the young kids were. I like the look of Gibson and I’ve always rated Holgate. Lossl is a unit. Commands his box really well which I liked. Oh and mirrallas looked sharp