IGNORED

2019/20 Pre-season.

10 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

We're rubbish in pre-season. No player generally gets more than 45 minutes so no flow in any game, waste of time. Yes I know he doesn't have a full squad due to competitions elsewhere but demoralising for fans.

We’ve also been good in preseason before and that didn’t transfer to league form so I’ll take all these results with a pinch of salt. If we come back from Palace with 3 pts we’ll all be happy (except maybe Pete0 who will argue blindly that it’s probably better statistically to lose the first game 😉)

1 minute ago, barryj said:

We’ve also been good in preseason before and that didn’t transfer to league form so I’ll take all these results with a pinch of salt. If we come back from Palace with 3 pts we’ll all be happy (except maybe Pete0 who will argue blindly that it’s probably better statistically to lose the first game 😉)

Agreed! Its all about getting the players ready for that first game and the season ahead. To me they look fit and the "first team" look sharp enough. 

In the same breath you dont want to get tonked either. I remember once under Moyes we looked OK in the initial games against poor sides and then we had a game against a half decent side at Goodison. We were played off the pitch (score didnt reflect it) and it was no surprise to see us start the season badly. 

4 hours ago, barryj said:

When?

Bernard needs to Bury that! 

Gomes looking laggy still bit worried if he starts first game of the season as he's looked further behind fitness wise than the rest of the squad all preseason. 

That Klassen looks useful. Could have been a decent option instead of Gyfli., always getting in between the lines.