IGNORED

Jonas Lössl

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Matt said:

Says we’ve signed Olsen permanently? 

Wouldn't be surprised with this to be honest, Roma don't want him and he's their third choice. I think if they could get any money for him (I saw £6m being mentioned) then I think they would take it. Would free up a loan spot as @Romey 1878 says so would be a wise move, especially considering he's looking to be a back-up with a *bit* of potential to put pressure on Jordan. 

I've seen Lossl mentioned in this thread and I think any transfer fee would be a really good piece of business, like Olsen with Roma he's third choice and not needed - Inter Miami & Marseille are apparently interested so can see him going to the States to be first-choice.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

If we could get a transfer fee for him that would be great.  Also would be nice to get rid since he never plays.

But it's such a critical position that you simply have to have a first choice, second choice, and third choice. I can remember recent cases in the Prem where a team's third choice was forced to play. It's an insurance policy, and it would be folly to sell our third choice without someone else available to step in. Until the summer, at least, is that Joao?

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

But it's such a critical position that you simply have to have a first choice, second choice, and third choice. I can remember recent cases in the Prem where a teams third choice was forced to play. It's an insurance policy, and it would be folly to sell our third choice without someone else available to step in. Until the summer, at least, is that Joao?

I may not be a Pickford fan but he is very durable I will give him that.  Olsen  backup with Virginia 3rd is fine with me.  

• 4 weeks later...

It's picking up on social media that Lossl is very close to rejoing FC Midtjylland after rejecting approaches from Marseille and Inter Miami. It's a shame that he's not had more game time but to be honest I don't think he was ever at the level to replace Pickford, or Olsen for that matter. 

Saves us a rumoured £45,000 a week in wages and is another "non-playing player" off the books. 

Good luck to him...