IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Jim White on talk sport today reckons we are one of the teams in for Fonte.

Even though the main reason we struggle at the back is because we have an ageing slow defence that can't push up high. Would be furious if we signed another old slow defender. Not slating him he's a quality player, just not the player for us.

And just whilst I'm on the topic Jim White is a wanker. At least be a wanker and be liked, such as Durham!

Even though the main reason we struggle at the back is because we have an ageing slow defence that can't push up high. Would be furious if we signed another old slow defender. Not slating him he's a quality player, just not the player for us.

And just whilst I'm on the topic Jim White is a wanker. At least be a wanker and be liked, such as Durham!

if we sign him it just shows we are not getting our real targets

Ishak Belfodil linked apparently, now, call me nuts (please) but if this chap only signed a seasons deal in August with Liege why would we be considering a £9million bid? Surely we could just do a pre contract agreement, he'd suddenly aggrivate a back injury and we'd settle a small compo claim with Liege to release him early.

Besides the glaring issue with a 24 year old only being offered a seasons worth of initial contract, and the history of clubs he's already been at, that his wiki page says 6'3.5'' tall suggests about 6'1'' so not the stature i'm expecting of our target man.

Gomez, Ronald, the german striker, only 31 and available mate, superior record of scoring too (heavens knows the assists)

Ishak Belfodil linked apparently, now, call me nuts (please) but if this chap only signed a seasons deal in August with Liege why would we be considering a £9million bid? Surely we could just do a pre contract agreement, he'd suddenly aggrivate a back injury and we'd settle a small compo claim with Liege to release him early.

Besides the glaring issue with a 24 year old only being offered a seasons worth of initial contract, and the history of clubs he's already been at, that his wiki page says 6'3.5'' tall suggests about 6'1'' so not the stature i'm expecting of our target man.

Gomez, Ronald, the german striker, only 31 and available mate, superior record of scoring too (heavens knows the assists)

On 4th january, Standard Liège activated an option in his contract to keep him until june 2018. ;)

Has anyone seen this guy play... his stats don't make great reading.

This year

6 goals 4 assists in 16 apps (Belgian league)

3 goals in 5 Europa apps

Last year

11 Goals 5 Assists in 23 apps in UAE league

Year before that

1 goal 3 assists in 23 apps in Serie A for Parma

Year Prior

1 assist in 25 apps for Inter in Serie A

Year Prior

8 goals 5 assists in 35 apps for Parma in Serie A

Bailey he was a young lad did well for Parma got the big move to Inter where he was used for mostly sub appearances and didn't light it up. Then went back to Parma with no confidence and didn't have a great year. Seems the move to play in UAE got his confidence back and now he's firing again in Belgium. He's only 24, breakout year he was 20 and Inter year was 21, I'm not surprised at all.

I have seen what appear to be slightly different stats (none of the stats I have seen are from great sources mind)

Parma 57 games / 9 goals / 8 assists

Baniyas 23 games / 11 goals / 5 assists

Liege 21 games / 9 goals / 4 assist

Livorno 17 games no goals assists

Lyon 13 games no goals assists

Inter 10 games / 1 goal / 1 assist

Bologna 8 games no goals assists

Algeria 14 games / 2 goals

Though out his club career he has scored every 291 mins and assisted every 484 mins. He has also been booked every 484 mins too!

I have seen what appear to be slightly different stats (none of the stats I have seen are from great sources mind)

Parma 57 games / 9 goals / 8 assists

Baniyas 23 games / 11 goals / 5 assists

Liege 21 games / 9 goals / 4 assist

Livorno 17 games no goals assists

Lyon 13 games no goals assists

Inter 10 games / 1 goal / 1 assist

Bologna 8 games no goals assists

Algeria 14 games / 2 goals

Though out his club career he has scored every 291 mins and assisted every 484 mins. He has also been booked every 484 mins too!

got mine from transfermarkt, they're usually solid. if he's cheap like under 10m it could be worth a punt, he's young still and part of that talented Algeria team (mahrez, slimani, ghezzal)

played for a lot of teams for a 24 year old hasn't he, makes you wonder...

When players go to Italy they get passed about a lot. He actually left Parma when they went bankrupt and waived his compensation. He's obviously been rebuilding his career since in UAE then at Liege. It seems we could be his route back to 'the top'. Koeman likes a target man (Pelle) and this is a Steve Walsh target so it could turn out to be a great bit of business.

I've seen a couple of links saying this is more 4m than 10m.

Never rated Foster he's far to prone to a clanger, his form is up and down more than Katie Price's knickers

Robles should see the rest of the season out if he carries on the good form, for me his performances have been good he looks assured and confident he just needs a solid run of games imo