IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Saturday December 21st

markjazzbassist

Positives and negatives.

The youngsters are coming good. DC-L, Davies, and Holgate have blossomed in the last four games.

We can succeed with this squad given the right manager.

As I’ve written so many times before, playing Sigurdsson always disrupts the team’s balance. 

Ancelotti will not accept anything but the best, as his facial expressions prove. This ought to mean that Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, and Delph will be consigned to the bench at best. I predict that Kean and Keane will thrive under him.

Digne needs a reset or selling.

Tosun has the potential but he’s never adapted to this league. I doubt he’ll get the chance to do so at this point. 

32 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Positives and negatives.

The youngsters are coming good. DC-L, Davies, and Holgate have blossomed in the last four games.

As I’ve written so many times before, playing Sigurdsson always disrupts the team’s balance. 

Ancelotti will not accept anything but the best, as his facial expressions prove. This ought to mean that Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, and Delph will be consigned to the bench at best. I predict that Kean and Keane will thrive under him.

Tosun has the potential but he’s never adapted to this league. I doubt he’ll get the chance to do so at this point. 

Bit drastic Steve 😂

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Very true, but today’s game revealed clearly why he should not be permanent manager. Not being ungrateful, just pragmatic. 

Because the players couldn't pass to another blue shirt?

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Positives and negatives.

I'm not quite sure what I disagree with most. DCL has done well,  Holgate has stepped up in to hold own in midfield but has far from blossomed and Davies has been well Davies... distinctly average.

It would take a miracle for this squad to win anything. 

I have no idea how playing Siggurdson in midfield disrupted the sides balance.

Given the current injuries there is no way we will see those 3 benched. I bet you won't even see them moved on. If anything I can see Siggy being key to any success Ancellotti has. Delph probably won't be fit for long but even Schneiderlin is likely to have a part to play.

Kean might do well but Keane will only ever flatter to deceive.

Digne doesn't need selling. He is likely to be a big part of Ancellotti's plans.

It's not that Tosun hasn’t adapted, he just has a very niche set of skills that aren't particularly suited to the league, or how we have been playing in the last few seasons. If we start dominating the ball under Ancellotti he may have a part to play but I wouldn't bet on it.

16 hours ago, Sibdane said:

My thoughts at the moment unfortunately as I like a lot our players too, but today showed that working hard isn't enough. Proud of Dunc, but even though he got the players fired up and working hard he still walks away with a 25% win percentage, and that blame can't really fall on him. The players just aren't doing what's needed to be done to win. At least a lot of the individual mistakes leading to goals are seeming to disappear (knock on wood). 

Well Sib mate lets look at it another way he got 5 points from 3 games, and against 3 of the better teams in the league. 
Now if we work on percentages like yourself, if he was manager for the whole 18 games played based on 5 points every 3 games we would have 30 points and be sitting in 4th spot,  not bad for a bit of hard work and fire in your belly.  

Weird game yesterday, 90 minutes of two teams unable to pass to each other effectively, both managers must have walked away think we should have won that. 
Tosun coming on for Iwobi baffled me, and just didn’t work out, I wasn’t surprised when he was pulled, and neither should Tosun have been, if he thinks he was doing ok then he needs to keep walking away and find another team.

We looked tired all game, Burnley on Thursday will be tough physically, we will need to rediscover our intensity.

Ivecalways supported Tom Davies as much as I can because I admire his bottle and loyalty.

The reality is that physically he is way off....  He looks favourite to get to a ball and gets bullied off it, not by a big lad, an average lad. I used to think he had pace but he does t really... very one paced. Squad player st best. 

Ferguson got absolutely everything wrong yesterday.

He, and we, have shown that we play better when we're aggressive in midfield and can get all over the pitch. So why the fuck bring Sigurdsson and Delph in who are two of the slowest, immobile players you're going to find, to play with Tom Davies who is also slow as shit? The pair of them are absolutely shite as well. He then exacerbated the problem by bringing on another slow player in Tosun. Who went on to do an admirable job of marking the Arsenal defenders. Then he brought he another slow player on in Keane and moved a CB into midfield when the midfield was desperate for some creativity. Then he gave Kean 10 minutes when our players had been dire and had given up by that point.

It's a good job Arsenal were shite as well.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He, and we, have shown that we play better when we're aggressive in midfield and can get all over the pitch. So why the fuck bring Sigurdsson and Delph in who are two of the slowest, immobile players you're going to find, to play with Tom Davies who is also slow as shit? The pair of them are absolutely shite as well. He then exacerbated the problem by bringing on another slow player in Tosun. Who went on to do an admirable job of marking the Arsenal defenders. Then he brought he another slow player on in Keane and moved a CB into midfield when the midfield was desperate for some creativity. Then he gave Kean 10 minutes when our players had been dire and had given up by that point.

Very true, I said in the game our MF had no intensity and were walking at best, bringing Keane on wasn’t the problem for me he should have started, so Holgate could have started in the middle and Delph at best should have been on the bench. 
The bringing on of Tosun for Iwobi was a mistake it should have been Bernard or Kean. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Very true, I said in the game our MF had no intensity and were walking at best, bringing Keane on wasn’t the problem for me he should have started, so Holgate could have started in the middle and Delph at best should have been on the bench. 
The bringing on of Tosun for Iwobi was a mistake it should have been Bernard or Kean. 

If that's how we'd started - with Keane in defence, Holgate in midfield and Delph polishing his shiny scalp at home - then fair enough. But to do it at that point in the game when we were crying out for creativity in midfield was stupid.

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If that's how we'd started - with Keane in defence, Holgate in midfield and Delph polishing his shiny scalp at home - then fair enough. But to do it at that point in the game when we were crying out for creativity in midfield was stupid.

I know it was all a bit strange. 

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well Sib mate lets look at it another way he got 5 points from 3 games, and against 3 of the better teams in the league. 
Now if we work on percentages like yourself, if he was manager for the whole 18 games played based on 5 points every 3 games we would have 30 points and be sitting in 4th spot,  not bad for a bit of hard work and fire in your belly.  

Echo.

Read the rest of the post and realize who I'm criticizing. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Agree completely. I appreciate what Dunc has done, but yesterday wasn't much to be proud of. 

Many wanted dunc as full time manager, the cup match and this one show why he still has a lot to learn.  Blood and thunder speeches and kissing the badge only get you so far on the pitch.  Tactics and technical nous can go a long wise, sadly they were lacking yesterday.

glad we have Carlo, let’s hope the tactics improve.

44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Many wanted dunc as full time manager, the cup match and this one show why he still has a lot to learn.  Blood and thunder speeches and kissing the badge only get you so far on the pitch.  Tactics and technical nous can go a long wise, sadly they were lacking yesterday.

The blood and thunder being completely absent was one of the main problems on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Haven’t we had enough of managers who believe they are close to greatness with their superior tactics yet can’t get players to run through walls, you need an equal amount of both, but if as a manager you are lacking in either, you wouldn’t want it to be players not prepared to run through walls for you. 
So give me Ferguson over any of the tactical pricks we had in the last 4 years. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Haven’t we had enough of managers who believe they are close to greatness with their superior tactics yet can’t get players to run through walls, you need an equal amount of both, but if as a manager you are lacking in either, you wouldn’t want it to be players not prepared to run through walls for you. 
So give me Ferguson over any of the tactical pricks we had in the last 4 years. 

He didn’t have them running through walls versus Leicester 1st half or arsenal the whole match.

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

He didn’t have them running through walls versus Leicester 1st half or arsenal the whole match.

Maybe not but we still didn’t lose either of those games in play time, so does that mean he had the tactics right. 
Look at Mourinho how much more tactical do you want to get than him, but as soon as the players at Chelsea and Utd stopped running for him he was gone, tactics didn’t do him any good the same as Martinez Koeman and Silva who couldn’t get the players to fight for them.