IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm still struggling to get through the day, into 4th week now. Exhausted constantly. 

It took me four weeks to leave the house when I caught it, same as you mate no energy heart rate racing and low oxygen levels. On a more positive note had my 4th jab today which was the latest version of Pfizer so far so good 😊 

Just now, Palfy said:

It took me four weeks to leave the house when I caught it, same as you mate no energy heart rate racing and low oxygen levels. On a more positive note had my 4th jab today which was the latest version of Pfizer so far so good 😊 

O2 levels are fine, just exhausted. Logged on Monday and Tuesday and nearly collapsed on Tuesday evening. My job is sitting in a chair in my house, I can't even do that at the mo. 

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

O2 levels are fine, just exhausted. Logged on Monday and Tuesday and nearly collapsed on Tuesday evening. My job is sitting in a chair in my house, I can't even do that at the mo. 

It's scary Matt how debilitating it for some and not others, hopefully you will be turning the corner very soon, try and enjoy tonight's game mate. 

1 hour ago, RPG said:

I had a week in bed with the Omicron variant in March this year. My resting pulse rate is still just over 100. I have spoken with the doc about it and he has no idea if it will gradually drop to a lower level or if this is my new normal. O2 is ok at around 97%.

My resting pulse rate is around 58 bpm.  But I have had the odd moment where I get flutters. 

• 2 months later...

No positive test but I think it finally caught up with me, was that or flu; first started feeling bad on the 5th and only starting to feel vaguely human again in the last couple of days. Had no appetite at all, dreadful cough, huge amounts of phlegm (which causes me more problems than most), zero energy....climbing the stairs left me out of breath. Been sleeping 15/16 hours a night but waking up in dire straits because I've coughed out the tube in my neck, dreadful mess.

I'm never ill (the obvious aside) so very hard to cope with being useless, never again thanks.

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

No positive test but I think it finally caught up with me, was that or flu; first started feeling bad on the 5th and only starting to feel vaguely human again in the last couple of days. Had no appetite at all, dreadful cough, huge amounts of phlegm (which causes me more problems than most), zero energy....climbing the stairs left me out of breath. Been sleeping 15/16 hours a night but waking up in dire straits because I've coughed out the tube in my neck, dreadful mess.

I'm never ill (the obvious aside) so very hard to cope with being useless, never again thanks.

Either one isn't much fun Mike, Covid knocked me for six worst I'd ever felt from being ill, I believe I've never had flu, I say that only because I've heard from those who've had it how dibilitating it is so I think I would remember that over a bad cold. Personally from what you have said mate you have had bad case of flu, which can be more severe than the average case of Covid in most people. 

• 2 months later...

Been in Spain for just over 6 weeks came home last Thursday and have tested positive today along with the missus. Thankfully not anywhere near as bad as the first time I contracted Covid, but nonetheless what a great reception and welcome from my mother country. 
Back to Spain end of April early May and really can't wait. Covid aside it pains me to say this country looks and feels fucked which is an awful shame.  

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Been in Spain for just over 6 weeks came home last Thursday and have tested positive today along with the missus. Thankfully not anywhere near as bad as the first time I contracted Covid, but nonetheless what a great reception and welcome from my mother country. 
Back to Spain end of April early May and really can't wait. Covid aside it pains me to say this country looks and feels fucked which is an awful shame.  

It truly does, embarrassingly so.

Good luck mate. I've got a worktrip to Prague in a couple of weeks, hopefully I don't get anything from there again 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

It truly does, embarrassingly so.

Good luck mate. I've got a worktrip to Prague in a couple of weeks, hopefully I don't get anything from there again 

Prague is a beautiful city, if you've never been before you will love it, the people the architecture and the culture is memorable. Enjoy yourself Mate I've been twice first time on a stag which I didn't particularly enjoy, but was so impressed with the City went back a second time with Mandy and had a great time. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Prague is a beautiful city, if you've never been before you will love it, the people the architecture and the culture is memorable. Enjoy yourself Mate I've been twice first time on a stag which I didn't particularly enjoy, but was so impressed with the City went back a second time with Mandy and had a great time. 

I've been once and it looks amazing, but wife was jealous so I told her we'd go back before I explore any more :lol:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CraigJarrett said:

Some people seem to really love the virus, love the lockdown, love wearing masks.

Really weird.

The facts and figures for the recovery rate of people with COVID-19 speaks for itself and that doesn't take into account those that had it and never reported having it.

Did the lockdown do anything? Nope. Social distancing? Sure, common sense if you don't feel well keep your distance.

Wearing masks? No proof that did anything and shame on anybody who ever bought a branded one.

What’s weird is someone joining a forum after a pivotal Everton game and trying to not so subtly wind people up.  Do one. 

• 4 months later...
51 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Is that number 5 and did you have to apply for it or did they contact you. 

Was number five indeed, wasn't contacted but saw that over 65s (not there yet:shakingfist:) and clinically vulnerable were eligible, so I booked it online yesterday.

My condition isn't covered in the official CEV lists (should be) but nobody's ever questioned me.

On 24/09/2022 at 18:54, Matt said:

Felt fine flying back but within a few hours was shaking and now feel like I've got a really bad flu. Achy, dizzy rtc. Only just managed to eat something. Could be worse I know but it's not pleasant 

Gonna be a year to the day this Sunday and I'm still feeling the effects. Horrible bug. 

• 1 month later...