IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

5 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

What the fuck are all you doing over there

Well in the UK our government is working on the theory of if we ignore it it will go away, are you now telling us that they have got it wrong, surely not the wisdom of Boris is infallible he’s never wrong. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well in the UK our government is working on the theory of if we ignore it it will go away, are you now telling us that they have got it wrong, surely not the wisdom of Boris is infallible he’s never wrong. 

I’m currently dealing with my second bout of covid.  It’s bloody rife near us. Really bad headache and sore throat, no fever and fatigue like the delta one last summer. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’m currently dealing with my second bout of covid.  It’s bloody rife near us. Really bad headache and sore throat, no fever and fatigue like the delta one last summer. 

Get well soon mate, but I think it’s getting to levels all across the country that are near where we were in the bad days, it doesn’t get the media attention it did in the past for obvious reasons, but not to acknowledge it is something I find concerning. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Good luck mate. My mum has just gotten over it. More worried about my wife though who's got a persistent chest issue and is on her 3rd round of antibiotics prescribed over the phone because GPs aren't seeing people because of covid risks...

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

Good luck mate. My mum has just gotten over it. More worried about my wife though who's got a persistent chest issue and is on her 3rd round of antibiotics prescribed over the phone because GPs aren't seeing people because of covid risks...

Yeah more thumping headache and bit of a cough. Good luck your side mate. 

• 1 month later...

I wish everyone in this country worked in the arts so they could see that COVID IS NOT FUCKING OVER. Some of my closest friends are in a show here in Minneapolis, and nine cast members are now covid positive. So they've cancelled all shows this weekend and might have to cancel more next week, ultimately affecting these artist's livelihoods.

Keep wearing your masks people.

35 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Keep wearing your masks people.

I've not stopped.

Was "pleased" to see the death toll changed by the WHO, including...

"These calculations also take into account deaths which were not directly because of Covid but instead caused by its knock-on effects, like people being unable to access hospitals for the care they needed."

..because that includes my wife.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61327778

• 3 months later...

Just had a text message from NHS advising me I have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid, and offering a free test to check my status. No shit when people who know they have it are being encouraged to carry on as normal, no need to isolate go to work go out on the town do what you want, this is my third notification in seven weeks the last two I was negative if I’m negative this time I’m turning the App off even though I’m not in perfectly good health this is now starting to become an inconvenience that I can’t see stopping whilst the free for all mentality of this government carries on. 

A lot of cruise lines have been following the protocols  of the  US CDC so going on a cruise at the end of the month means we have to have a certified negative antigen test 72 hours before embarkation. From 3rd September this will no longer be a requirement. For the sake of a few days we have to go through the hassle and expense of the test. Note to self, stay out of the way of mankind the week before.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

2 1/2 years without catching it, including living in NYC for the first 3 months of lockdown, and I finally tested positive. I'll be fine, but my father, who is 71 and has diabetes, also tested positive. Send good vibes, please ♥️

Sending.

I have to do a test on Saturday and then another early morning Tuesday ahead of a hospital procedure🤞🏼

36 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

2 1/2 years without catching it, including living in NYC for the first 3 months of lockdown, and I finally tested positive. I'll be fine, but my father, who is 71 and has diabetes, also tested positive. Send good vibes, please ♥️

Sending dunlopp, hope all goes well mate and hopefully you both get through unscathed. Best of luck to you both. 

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Good luck mate, hopefully it’s far less virulent now and you all get it like I did on the two occasions (I actually think 3 times I’ve had it) I tested positive.

get plenty of sleep, vitamin c, water, vitamin d, zinc. You may have days where you feel better, don’t get sucked in…. Tiredness comes in waves when you think you are over it. 

13 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Best wishes mate. I've escaped it so far as I know, but got a horrid cold this morning after flying Monday. Really hoping its just that.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Best wishes mate. I've escaped it so far as I know, but got a horrid cold this morning after flying Monday. Really hoping its just that.

Part of the shrinking 15%, then! I have never had it either, thankfully, though everyone around me - family, friends and neighbours - has succumbed (once, twice and even three times). I'd like to thiink the vegan diet has helped me but it's probably just down to good fortune. Anyway, hoping it does turn out just to be a horrid cold. 🙂   

20 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Sending good wishes for a speedy recovery. 👍

13 hours ago, Formby said:

Part of the shrinking 15%, then! I have never had it either, thankfully, though everyone around me - family, friends and neighbours - has succumbed (once, twice and even three times). I'd like to thiink the vegan diet has helped me but it's probably just down to good fortune. Anyway, hoping it does turn out just to be a horrid cold. 🙂   

Not anymore :(

this sucks. 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Likely you got it on a plane, are you home now? How are you feeling?

Just did a negative test here fortunately.

Felt fine flying back but within a few hours was shaking and now feel like I've got a really bad flu. Achy, dizzy rtc. Only just managed to eat something. Could be worse I know but it's not pleasant