IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Goodrays CBD night drops 1000mg. 
To take 1ml every evening which is 33mg not to exceed 70mg. So I could take 2ml which I did when the 1 was having no effect but still no difference in the outcome. 

70mg? I take about 150mg a day. Not saying do that much but kids take a little less than that for epilepsy 

5 hours ago, Haiku said:

Most people get varicella-zoster in their childhood. The virus remains in the system and can reactivate later in life, causing shingles. This risk is high for individuals with a weakened immune system due to systematic abuse of antibiotics or those with HIV. Having a vaccine for shingles makes little sense for those with a functioning immune system.

It can also be brought on by stress. 
it can also last a very long time after the rash has gone the pain is really bad. 
it’s more dangerous if you get it on your face by your eyes. 

On 10/11/2023 at 13:50, Hafnia said:

Yep my eldest has it too.  I took vyvanse to take an aptitude test for a job application…… night and day difference but stopped taking it.

my son probably does need meds for school, very bright boy but when the shutters come down it’s tough. Been a very tough one to think through tbh, still not comfortable 

Do you find proper weed helps?!

My youngest diagnosed ADHD, on meds but big worry for us as he takes his career forward and has a young family.

6 hours ago, Gwlad said:

My youngest diagnosed ADHD, on meds but big worry for us as he takes his career forward and has a young family.

If he's got the meds, it should help his career. Wish I'd known even 10 years ago when my little one was born, mightve saved a lot of pain and I'd probably be a lot further on than I am now. 

I was asked “why are you here”, when i told them of my qualifications and job etc, as though adhd didn’t impact my life.  Ironically this was 5 minutes before being told “yes you have adhd” at 44. 

i never let it define me cos I never had that chance to play the neurodiversity card that loads seem to be doing now…. I’m not demeaning its impact it has for people who have suffered - but fook me I had to develop some survival skills not to get sacked from jobs.  

I was told by frustrated teachers that I was bright but lazy, was sat in front on the teachers and my handwriting scrutinised (still shit). Every now and then I would be super focused and blow the teachers away. Not very often. I failed my 11+ having spent the majority of it trying to race the lad next to me then staring out the window. 

went to secondary school which was like a borstal with loads of kids graduating in fighting, stealing, bullying, disrupting lessons. Only the fear of failure of procrastination induced adrenaline got me going, teachers still flipped on me. One ridiculed me and said I was gonna get 0 GCSE’s  - got all 10 a-c and her face was a picture but I owed her gratitude for that. 

in my adult working life - mundane/repetitive jobs would almost get me sacked cos I couldn’t be arsed I needed short cuts. Bosses who never had my ability knew I could do more but picked on me, so that did help cos I’d think “fuck you” and get fuelled to do outstanding pieces of work.

That is why Microsoft excel saved me - it’s a tool for adhd types.  A toolkit where if you are driven enough to do discover ways of cutting shitty jobs down by 70% you will proper. 

the vyvanse was good but felt like something I needed 40 years ago. So frustrating to see my eldest go through what I went through. 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I was asked “why are you here”, when i told them of my qualifications and job etc, as though adhd didn’t impact my life.  Ironically this was 5 minutes before being told “yes you have adhd” at 44. 

i never let it define me cos I never had that chance to play the neurodiversity card that loads seem to be doing now…. I’m not demeaning its impact it has for people who have suffered - but fook me I had to develop some survival skills not to get sacked from jobs.  

I was told by frustrated teachers that I was bright but lazy, was sat in front on the teachers and my handwriting scrutinised (still shit). Every now and then I would be super focused and blow the teachers away. Not very often. I failed my 11+ having spent the majority of it trying to race the lad next to me then staring out the window. 

went to secondary school which was like a borstal with loads of kids graduating in fighting, stealing, bullying, disrupting lessons. Only the fear of failure of procrastination induced adrenaline got me going, teachers still flipped on me. One ridiculed me and said I was gonna get 0 GCSE’s  - got all 10 a-c and her face was a picture but I owed her gratitude for that. 

in my adult working life - mundane/repetitive jobs would almost get me sacked cos I couldn’t be arsed I needed short cuts. Bosses who never had my ability knew I could do more but picked on me, so that did help cos I’d think “fuck you” and get fuelled to do outstanding pieces of work.

That is why Microsoft excel saved me - it’s a tool for adhd types.  A toolkit where if you are driven enough to do discover ways of cutting shitty jobs down by 70% you will proper. 

the vyvanse was good but felt like something I needed 40 years ago. So frustrating to see my eldest go through what I went through. 

Very similar story except I hate Excel with a passion :lol:

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Very similar story except I hate Excel with a passion :lol:

I think if depends what your field is, adhd people with decent intelligence are often great problem solvers.   Most problems are “how do you do something difficult more easily”. -  that is a day in the life of adhd. 

I am terrible for running petrol down to the red zone, leaving last minute, this is how we give our brains a boost of urgency based neurotransmitters.   

it’s probably why I loved drinking so much, wonder how many people with adhd drink excessively 

46 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think if depends what your field is, adhd people with decent intelligence are often great problem solvers.   Most problems are “how do you do something difficult more easily”. -  that is a day in the life of adhd. 

I am terrible for running petrol down to the red zone, leaving last minute, this is how we give our brains a boost of urgency based neurotransmitters.   

it’s probably why I loved drinking so much, wonder how many people with adhd drink excessively 

The drinking/addiction part is so heavily linked with it. 

My role is analyst, so I should love excel. But it doesn't interest me, there's no puzzle to it. Process analysis is what I do, I need Excel people to prepare the data so I can think what to do with it.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

The drinking/addiction part is so heavily linked with it. 

My role is analyst, so I should love excel. But it doesn't interest me, there's no puzzle to it. Process analysis is what I do, I need Excel people to prepare the data so I can think what to do with it.

You create the puzzle yourself.   “How can I find a way of interpreting this data so it tells me something - not show me something and do it quicker” 

I do a suite of reports for each executive in the company, it used to be done by a team of 7. Clearly I wouldn’t be able to replicate their process as I’d need to work 7 times longer.  I created a new process that was 7 times quicker. I then provided insights and suggestions based on that, end to end consultation. 

the automation side of it removes the need for me to proof read, another thing I don’t do well cos I get bored. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You create the puzzle yourself.   “How can I find a way of interpreting this data so it tells me something - not show me something and do it quicker” 

I do a suite of reports for each executive in the company, it used to be done by a team of 7. Clearly I wouldn’t be able to replicate their process as I’d need to work 7 times longer.  I created a new process that was 7 times quicker. I then provided insights and suggestions based on that, end to end consultation. 

the automation side of it removes the need for me to proof read, another thing I don’t do well cos I get bored. 

Yeah, that's not my kind of puzzle though. I know I should master it and, if I could get into it, I'd learn it quickly. It's just so fucking dull looking at spreadsheets :lol:

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Yeah, that's not my kind of puzzle though. I know I should master it and, if I could get into it, I'd learn it quickly. It's just so fucking dull looking at spreadsheets :lol:

Honestly I hate looking at spreadsheets, if someone sends me something to look at I get bored.  I like helping people make them easier and make their job easier but nothing beats having a blank sheet and building a model from scratch.

vba is the next thing for me, I’m too lazy. I use the macro record and then edit it…. Guess work most the time.

37 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Honestly I hate looking at spreadsheets, if someone sends me something to look at I get bored.  I like helping people make them easier and make their job easier but nothing beats having a blank sheet and building a model from scratch.

vba is the next thing for me, I’m too lazy. I use the macro record and then edit it…. Guess work most the time.

That sounds like a form of hell. Not the helping part, that's my role after all, but Excel/PPT... Gives me a headache just thinking about it :lol:

• 1 month later...

My wife and myself both tested in October, I’m certain we caught it on the 919 bus back into town feet the Bournemouth game, we were sitting near to a young bloke who was coughing all the time.

We didn’t feel too bad, a bit of a cough and tired, so tested just in case, we were positive for 5 days or so.

I think and hope you should be clear by Christmas Day, hope it’s not hitting you too hard.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, patto said:

Will be offered to everyone although a lot of people refusing to have it due to rumours about serious blood clotting. 

Evetually I'm sure it will, just for the CEV at the moment; I was asked how I qualified but they didn't ask for any proof...although it's fairly obvious in my case.

And, free choice and all that, but I prefer to make my decisions based on expert medical opinion and research, rather than social media driven rumour. 

I've not had the vax (so obviously no boosters either) but I'd never tell anyone else not to get it.

It's all personal choice as far as I'm concerned because the only person you could possibly harm by not getting it was yourself (despite that little fib getting pushed in the early days of the virus).

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've not the vax (so obviously no boosters either) but I'd never tell anyone else not to get it.

It's all personal choice as far as I'm concerned because the only person you could possibly harm by not getting it was yourself (despite that little fib getting pushed in the early days of the virus).

Which is absolutely fine. You've always been clear that you weren't going to have it, but you've never said it was because you'd heard it'd make your dick fall off...checks side effects list:huh:

16 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've not had the vax (so obviously no boosters either) but I'd never tell anyone else not to get it.

I had the first vaccination and then the booster, but so much has come out since the beginning of lockdown that I wouldn't have any more. If I could, I wouldn't have had any vaccine at the time but I think there was a lot of misinformation at the start.