IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

I’ve just got back from a 4 week stint in Spain, whilst there I had message for getting a booster for Covid as I’m on the at risk category so need to organise that. Also had a message from my surgery asking me to book in for a flu jab which I’ve declined as I’ve never had one in the past and can’t think of any time in the past where I’ve had a bad dose of flu so I don’t want to tempt fate by getting one then coming down with the worst case of flu known to man kind. And this is a new one for me had another message from my surgery asking if I would like a shingles vaccine, never new there was such a thing does anybody on here have them?

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I’ve just got back from a 4 week stint in Spain, whilst there I had message for getting a booster for Covid as I’m on the at risk category so need to organise that. Also had a message from my surgery asking me to book in for a flu jab which I’ve declined as I’ve never had one in the past and can’t think of any time in the past where I’ve had a bad dose of flu so I don’t want to tempt fate by getting one then coming down with the worst case of flu known to man kind. And this is a new one for me had another message from my surgery asking if I would like a shingles vaccine, never new there was such a thing does anybody on here have them?

I had the flu jab even though I don't remember ever having flu. I'm the same in the at-risk category, I'm on immune-suppressing medication plus I'm now type 2 diabetic. 🙈 I didn't know that they had a vaccine for shingles either Palf.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but have you ever thought that vaccines and antibiotics could be a cause of poor health? I haven't taken anything other than over-the-counter ibuprofen in the past 20 years. The flu has never touched me since I stopped using antibiotics. Covid was a breeze. The worst I experienced was a sore throat and chills for a couple of days. Cold showers really do help a lot. I'm not saying I have perfect health. it's just my experience with viral infections. I'm not against the use of antibiotics when they really matter, i.e., treating pneumonia or other types of severe bacterial infections.

16 hours ago, KinL said:

I had the flu jab even though I don't remember ever having flu. I'm the same in the at-risk category, I'm on immune-suppressing medication plus I'm now type 2 diabetic. 🙈 I didn't know that they had a vaccine for shingles either Palf.

I’ve had shingles jab but with what has been going on the last 2 years I’m reluctant to have anymore vaccines it seems big pharma are pushing all they can out it seems everyone is in the at risk category we all have the choice to say yes or no so I’m saying no. 

17 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but have you ever thought that vaccines and antibiotics could be a cause of poor health? I haven't taken anything other than over-the-counter ibuprofen in the past 20 years. The flu has never touched me since I stopped using antibiotics. Covid was a breeze. The worst I experienced was a sore throat and chills for a couple of days. Cold showers really do help a lot. I'm not saying I have perfect health. it's just my experience with viral infections. I'm not against the use of antibiotics when they really matter, i.e., treating pneumonia or other types of severe bacterial infections.

Antibiotics only work on bacteria, they don’t work on viruses. Bacteria can survive on the own - less than 1% of bacteria causes disease. Antibiotics can fight bacteria by stopping them reproducing, or by altering their ability to survive. 

Viruses can’t survive without a host, their job is to use the host and to invade the hosts cells to change how they work and target specific organs…. It’s almost as though the only way to beat them is to hope your immune system is smart enough to beat them. Thats where vaccines come in - they either use deactivated viruses that are introduced to your body to let the immune system learn about it, or use RNA which is what the viruses use themselves to make you sick. Basically you are fucked with vaccines one way or another, one virus may not get you at a certain time of life without them. but be sure that one day one will.  

Let’s imagine your body is an iPhone 4 and not an iPhone 15…….  The iPhone 15 has the benefit of an Apple update and your iPhone 4 doesn’t….. which one are you banking  on not getting hacked cos of something that outsmarted the outdated IOS? 

all very well people anecdotally saying xy and z works against disease. I’d sooner back the men and women with letters after their name who studied at Oxford and other esteemed places of education for seriously clever fuckers. 

without antibiotics and vaccines the world would be unrecognisable. We are talking billions of lives gone due to us not evolving.   

for all the crazy bat shit theorists saying vaccines are part of a sinister plot - vaccines are the only protection we have against bioterrorism. Burns my head this shit. If I actually posted this post to the students of Facebook and Twitter who do extracurricular studying with part time professor pisspott in the pub on Friday after they have finished the job they are actually qualified to do - they probably wouldn’t get it.  They would just carry on with their Matt le tissier esque bollocks to people gullible enough to swallow it. 

20 minutes ago, patto said:

I’ve had shingles jab but with what has been going on the last 2 years I’m reluctant to have anymore vaccines it seems big pharma are pushing all they can out it seems everyone is in the at risk category we all have the choice to say yes or no so I’m saying no. 

We all have the option to say yes or no, the right time of year to be thankful to those who served and protected our rights to do that.

It all comes down to due diligence doesn’t it. If you became unwell , who you gonna see?  Bob the plumber in the pub who posts blogs on how the covid sham was a control test and vaccines are designed to kill us, or the people in the medical profession who understand that we have been dealing with a serious disease? 

im going with the latter myself,!

57 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Btw ibuprofen increases the likelihood of strokes and heart attacks. Devastates the guts microbiome which is a poor basis for health. 

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Then you've been lucky. There's a century of global data on both antibiotics and vaccines. For some it's dangerous, for some they don't work. For the 95% they do.

Just now, Hafnia said:

Btw ibuprofen increases the likelihood of strokes and heart attacks. Devastates the guts microbiome which is a poor basis for health. 

Actually, I wrote that on the go. I take analgin when I have migraines or something; very rarely, ibuprofen.

Where I live, GPs prescribe antibiotics based on symptoms like cough, fever, etc. They do not ask patients to do a basic CRP test, which can shed light on whether there's a bacterial infection or rule it out. My mother was in a very bad state just five years ago. She would develop pneumonia twice a year, and antibiotics wouldn't work because she became resistant, so she ended up taking gentamicin injections. It was that bad until she "discovered" homeopathy. Disclaimer: I believe homeopathy is a snake oil, but what it did for my mother is prevent her from reaching for the phone to call the GP after the next infection. She would experience nasty symptoms, but she believed that homeopathy would help her and let her body put up a fight. It's been five years since she last took antibiotics, and her health is a whole lot better. I was concerned about her when she caught Covid, but she handled that very well too. I'm not going to debate vaccines because my opinion is double-sided here. I think they help, but they have been overly pushed by Big Pharma in the past 20-30 years with bad intentions. Of course, it's just my thought, and I can't argue against peer-reviewed studies. But you said to trust medical professionals. Well, I don't think regular medical practitioners know a whole lot more about vaccines. They read the studies which are available for the open public anyway and follow guidance by big pharma.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Then you've been lucky. There's a century of global data on both antibiotics and vaccines. For some it's dangerous, for some they don't work. For the 95% they do.

I guess my mother, father, wife, and sister also got lucky then. :) We are in a sect here, we all stopped using antibiotics, and our body resistance against viruses improved dramatically, thanks to God. As I said, I'm not against antibiotics when they matter, but GPs tend to prescribe them even when not needed. I'm not against vaccines; I'm just questioning the Covid vaccine.

2 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Actually, I wrote that on the go. I take analgin when I have migraines or something; very rarely, ibuprofen.

Where I live, GPs prescribe antibiotics based on symptoms like cough, fever, etc. They do not ask patients to do a basic CRP test, which can shed light on whether there's a bacterial infection or rule it out. My mother was in a very bad state just five years ago. She would develop pneumonia twice a year, and antibiotics wouldn't work because she became resistant, so she ended up taking gentamicin injections. It was that bad until she "discovered" homeopathy. Disclaimer: I believe homeopathy is a snake oil, but what it did for my mother is prevent her from reaching for the phone to call the GP after the next infection. She would experience nasty symptoms, but she believed that homeopathy would help her and let her body put up a fight. It's been five years since she last took antibiotics, and her health is a whole lot better. I was concerned about her when she caught Covid, but she handled that very well too. I'm not going to debate vaccines because my opinion is double-sided here. I think they help, but they have been overly pushed by Big Pharma in the past 20-30 years with bad intentions. Of course, it's just my thought, and I can't argue against peer-reviewed studies. But you said to trust medical professionals. Well, I don't think regular medical practitioners know a whole lot more about vaccines. They read the studies which are available for the open public anyway and follow guidance by big pharma.

I’m not without my scepticism of big pharma,  I detest the fuckers.  They put money before lives generally speaking. 

There will be good people in big pharma, but just like the police force or nhs they are reflected by the dickheads at the top and not the good people who do the leg work.

The very fact the vitamin d supplementation is still not promoted is disgrace.  The fact that big pharma pushed against cannabis and lsd despite them having huge potential in treating dibilitating illnesses and mental health issues is criminal. 

I can’t wait till I’m taken into a cosy room one day and given a clinical Psilocybin dose and come out of it with a rebooted brain….. or maybe just told to microdose mushrooms and find that my lifelong ocd, adhd and depression fucks off. Till then cbd oil it is unless I need to get back on sertraline 

31 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I guess my mother, father, wife, and sister also got lucky then. :) We are in a sect here, we all stopped using antibiotics, and our body resistance against viruses improved dramatically, thanks to God. As I said, I'm not against antibiotics when they matter, but GPs tend to prescribe them even when not needed. I'm not against vaccines; I'm just questioning the Covid vaccine.

I'm glad to hear it, sounds like a genetically strong bloodlines. 

Completely agree with the over prescription and over use of antibiotics. 

I rarely take antibiotics, try to avoid them to avoid overuse and just wait it out. But my immune system used to be very strong, it didn't bother me. Many don't have that strong immune system and need help, hence their widepsread appeal and the doctors are eirher too overworked or too influenced by pharma and dole them out like tictacs. Not that antibiotics have an impact on viruses but I assume you mean the body is reliant on help do it doesn't respond as well? That would make sense if it wasn't macrophages attacking viruses and not antibodies. 

Just curious, do you only buy locally sourced, organic food? It not you're likely getting your daily boost of antibiotics whether you like it or not. 

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’m not without my scepticism of big pharma,  I detest the fuckers.  They put money before lives generally speaking. 

There will be good people in big pharma, but just like the police force or nhs they are reflected by the dickheads at the top and not the good people who do the leg work.

The very fact the vitamin d supplementation is still not promoted is disgrace.  The fact that big pharma pushed against cannabis and lsd despite them having huge potential in treating dibilitating illnesses and mental health issues is criminal. 

I can’t wait till I’m taken into a cosy room one day and given a clinical Psilocybin dose and come out of it with a rebooted brain….. or maybe just told to microdose mushrooms and find that my lifelong ocd, adhd and depression fucks off. Till then cbd oil it is unless I need to get back on sertraline 

Got my official diagnosis on ADHD recently. It's genetic mate, there's no amount of drugs that will cure it but cannabis certainly helps deal with it greatly. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Got my official diagnosis on ADHD recently. It's genetic mate, there's no amount of drugs that will cure it but cannabis certainly helps deal with it greatly. 

Yep my eldest has it too.  I took vyvanse to take an aptitude test for a job application…… night and day difference but stopped taking it.

my son probably does need meds for school, very bright boy but when the shutters come down it’s tough. Been a very tough one to think through tbh, still not comfortable 

Do you find proper weed helps?!

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yep my eldest has it too.  I took vyvanse to take an aptitude test for a job application…… night and day difference but stopped taking it.

my son probably does need meds for school, very bright boy but when the shutters come down it’s tough. Been a very tough one to think through tbh, still not comfortable 

Do you find proper weed helps?!

CBD is worthless, its just moneymaking garbage. I've been told it's a 4 year wait for me to get meds, but since weed allows me to focus and calms the storm, I'm not that bothered. 

4 hours ago, patto said:

What led to you having the shingles vaccine that I didn’t even know existed until I was offered it?

I found CBD had no effect on my struggles with sleeping. I would still like to thank those who are benefiting with their sleep by using CBD for their advice unfortunately for me it didn’t have the desired effect. If people have any other suggestions then I’d love to hear them. 

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I found CBD had no effect on my struggles with sleeping. I would still like to thank those who are benefiting with their sleep by using CBD for their advice unfortunately for me it didn’t have the desired effect. If people have any other suggestions then I’d love to hear them. 

Short of advising tactical wanks, no idea for now

5 hours ago, Matt said:

CBD is worthless, its just moneymaking garbage. I've been told it's a 4 year wait for me to get meds, but since weed allows me to focus and calms the storm, I'm not that bothered. 

4 years for adhd meds?! I got them after an ecg.  Not great for anxiety. 

im finding cbd had reduced inflammation in my right knee which is an old injury, sleeping like a log too. Need to get full spectrum.  Don’t wanna smoke need, will do edibles though! 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

What cbd did you take and how much palfy? I used some that I thought was shite, used full spectrum and a decent dose and I get knocked out 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

What led to you having the shingles vaccine that I didn’t even know existed until I was offered it?

I had the shingles and I didn’t have a clue what it was I was shocked when the nurse told me. 
I’ll be honest I felt dirty with this rash on my rib cage I thought I had picked something up in the digs I was renting. 

10 hours ago, patto said:

I had the shingles and I didn’t have a clue what it was I was shocked when the nurse told me. 
I’ll be honest I felt dirty with this rash on my rib cage I thought I had picked something up in the digs I was renting. 

Right sorry to hear that mate, so you are offered it to try and stop you contacting it again. From memory I believe I’ve only known one person who’s had it or maybe I have known more and people just haven’t mentioned it, anyway my friend was in a pretty bad way it it can become a very serious illness. Still I won’t be taking them up on their offer I’ve never had it before so I’m not going to tempt fate by having it now.  

Most people get varicella-zoster in their childhood. The virus remains in the system and can reactivate later in life, causing shingles. This risk is high for individuals with a weakened immune system due to systematic abuse of antibiotics or those with HIV. Having a vaccine for shingles makes little sense for those with a functioning immune system.

35 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Most people get varicella-zoster in their childhood. The virus remains in the system and can reactivate later in life, causing shingles. This risk is high for individuals with a weakened immune system due to systematic abuse of antibiotics or those with HIV. Having a vaccine for shingles makes little sense for those with a functioning immune system.

My mums just got over it with some medication and her immune systems is generally strong (having been a teacher for 35 years, she's been exposed to a lot).

Sometimes the body takes a dip at the right time for a virus to take root. Even the strongest people get bugs. Vaccines help reduce that chance. 

15 hours ago, Hafnia said:

What cbd did you take and how much palfy? I used some that I thought was shite, used full spectrum and a decent dose and I get knocked out 

Goodrays CBD night drops 1000mg. 
To take 1ml every evening which is 33mg not to exceed 70mg. So I could take 2ml which I did when the 1 was having no effect but still no difference in the outcome.