IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Nightmare trip to the test just now, lorry overturned closing the main Exeter/Exmouth road; not a route I had to take but the knock-on effect was chaos/gridlock all over the place.

When a main road gets blocked in that area it doesn’t take long for other decent routes to fill up because there are so few. But you’ve arrived safely mate and that’s the most important thing, but I feel your pain this type of thing always happens when you least want it to. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When a main road gets blocked in that area it doesn’t take long for other decent routes to fill up because there are so few. But you’ve arrived safely mate and that’s the most important thing, but I feel your pain this type of thing always happens when you least want it to. 

Thanks mate, lorry actually hadn't overturned, looks like a low loader dropped some heavy tracked vehicle; taking the roundabout too fast presumably.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/a376-exeter-shut-into-late-6503922

38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

All Covid restrictions, apart from needing to isolate for 5 days if you test positive and the need to take lateral flow tests for international travel, to be lifted on the 26th of January apparently.

No more lateral flow tests to go the game for me. Get in.

That’s is a forgive Boris gesture. 

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

How did the examination go today mate. 

Not 'til Thursday Palf, they have to do the test 2/3 days ahead. Not really concerned, I'm still on two monthly checks but I'll know first if/when something goes wrong again without them telling me I think. I knew 99.9% it had come back in 2020 well before they confirmed it, today I feel 99.9% sure there's no problem.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Not 'til Thursday Palf, they have to do the test 2/3 days ahead. Not really concerned, I'm still on two monthly checks but I'll know first if/when something goes wrong again without them telling me I think. I knew 99.9% it had come back in 2020 well before they confirmed it, today I feel 99.9% sure there's no problem.

Good 👍 get your name on the next manager list then mate, you’d be a much better option than most on it 😉

The number of people sick right now (colleagues, friends, acquaintances) is off the scale. Some have tested positive; plenty of others aren't even bothering to get tested because it will make no difference anyway - which means the horrendous caseload in the US is probably an underestimate. Sadly, I'm hearing of more deaths, probably because of the comparatively low vaccination rate in this country.

38 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Funny how they wouldn't investigate and now they've decided to the day before the Sue Gray report was due to come out, which would more than likely have finished Johnson, and it now means the releasing of that report is to be delayed until after the police investigation.

If I was a cynic I'd think something dodgy was going on there.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Funny how they wouldn't investigate and now they've decided to the day before the Sue Gray report was due to come out, which would more than likely have finished Johnson, and it now means the releasing of that report is to be delayed until after the police investigation.

I don't want Johnson gone, I want him to still be in charge at the next election so the country can throw him out.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Or not!

17 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don't want Johnson gone, I want him to still be in charge at the next election so the country can throw him out.

You should throw him out of your head, he seems to live up there rent free Micko :P

He might be in a rough patch now but come 2024 CV will be a distant memory, the economy will have roared back to life and Spring will just be about to turn into Summer, Labour have more chance with Boris gone IMO.

57 minutes ago, Chach said:

You should throw him out of your head, he seems to live up there rent free Micko :P

He might be in a rough patch now but come 2024 CV will be a distant memory, the economy will have roared back to life and Spring will just be about to turn into Summer, Labour have more chance with Boris gone IMO.

I would agree with that, memories can be quite short when money and the Sun are in the same vicinity. Let people have a good time and think it’s never going to end and they soon forget you may have been responsible for the death of uncle Bob or auntie June. 

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So I should just forget about the guy who's running my country then? Sounds like a plan, shall I shut my eyes and put my fingers in my ears as well?

If you're at the point where you're struggling to be objective and it improves your mental health, yes. 

• 4 weeks later...

Was in the pub earlier and someone at the next table said, "If you didn't turn on your TV you'd never know there's been a pandemic."

Times like that I wish I could speak (or punch); wouldn't everybody walking around in masks, red and green lights on supermarket entrances, closed pubs and empty sports grounds make you think, "...maybe I need to find out what's going on:unsure:..".