IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

We have 69% fully vaccinated in fact, with serious concerns that the protection it gives is falling off, plus we have a considerably denser (in more ways than one👀) population than Germany, but we're doing nothing and the clown in chief isn't even bothering to follow his own rules.

Capture.JPG

These numbers are interesting. There's a clear correlation with political affiliation: The more right-wing, the lower the vaccination rate.

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

We have 69% fully vaccinated in fact, with serious concerns that the protection it gives is falling off, plus we have a considerably denser (in more ways than one👀) population than Germany, but we're doing nothing and the clown in chief isn't even bothering to follow his own rules.

Capture.JPG

That is population and not just those who can be vaccinated, remember most kids can’t be vaccinated. 

29 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Presumably the same rules apply to Germany numbers so my point stands.

Thing is Mike people will use stats to suit their argument so we never get a true picture, on the news last night it was reported that we had over 90%
vaccinated who I’m assuming are eligible to be vaccinated and Germany in the report you posted had only had 68% vaccinated I would assume that would only include those who are eligible for the vaccine otherwise it’s a pointless figure. 

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

These numbers are interesting. There's a clear correlation with political affiliation: The more right-wing, the lower the vaccination rate.

Correlation extends (very easily) to the more right wing, the more ignorant and selfish. Not complicated.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Er, yup, that's what you did😂. I was just trying to to add some reality, comparing apples with apples.

No not really you asked the question why our government is doing nothing in this country when the Germans were doing more in theirs, I respond with maybe because we are so say 90% vaccinated our government feel we are in a better position than the Germans who are only 68% vaccinated, that wasn’t said as the only reason or a factual reason or as a belief I hold, that was put forward as what they may believe. On a personal note just got off the phone to a friend of some 50 years who has caught it he had the booster 3-4 weeks ago as at a risk patient, due to being 27 stone which has led to associated health problems, he is absolutely shitting himself that it will turn very serious for him. 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Massive difference to what you said as well, gives 80% having two shots so where do you get "over 90%" from?

Well yes it did change due to the 12-15 year olds who have only had one jab due to time scales between jabs, what I was impressed with if you can trust this governments stats was that 96% of over 50s are fully vaccinated, you can always count on the wisdom that comes with age usually, obviously Brexit bucked that trend silly old fuckers 😂

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Crazy, why do you think that is. 

On the spectrum of relative priorities from individual freedom to social responsibility, America lies at the extreme of the former. Being told what to do is anathema and an affront to freedom. A limited view of social responsibility is evident from the fact that millions in the US have no medical insurance. So, when individuals must choose between doing what they want versus what social conscience tells us what they ought, many choose the former. President Trump's attitude is as extreme as they come, and his followers embrace his sense of machismo: Real men (and women) don't kowtow to any virus. So, this large body of individuals fight tooth and nail against being vaccinated.

It doesn't help that the district in which I live is represented by Marjorie Taylor Greene, who's a complete nutter. She's convinced many that the whole thing is a hoax to usher in a "new world order". Crazy.

I should say that there are others who will not be vaccinated because they don't trust a process that rushes out a vaccine. The truth is, though, that scientists have been working on this type of vaccine for many years, so it's questionable whether or not the argument is valid. Others refuse because vaccine research, and in one case vaccine production, requires the use of stem cells taken from an aborted fetus. So, it's not the case that everyone takes the 'personal freedom' stance - but I'd suggest it does explain why parts of the US remain so unvaccinated. As with the map Mike showed for Britain, the equivalent map of the US shows a striking correlation to politics.

A new variant in the south of Africa which spreads quicker than the Delta variant, and appears to be resistant to the vaccines could already be in this country. 40,000 Austrians take to the streets to protest against another lockdown have people had enough after 2 years of restrictions. Where is this all leading us to ? For me it seems inevitable that we can’t stop this virus and unfortunately it will sweep through the world attacking the most vulnerable, and hopefully those who get it will create natural anti bodies that remain in the body and protect us for years to come, this may mean we have to contract it 2-3 times for our anti bodies to be at the full strength required to defend us against Covid and it’s mutations, as shit as it sounds how do stop it if it’s found away to combat our vaccines. Governments will fall and a form of anarchy will prevail if we keep going in and out of lockdown, people will revolt more and more if their businesses jobs and freedoms are constantly taken away from them, lockdowns aren’t the answer they do curb the rise and cases do significantly drop but as soon as we open up they rise again, the people and the economies of the world can not endure the constant merry go round of restrictions that in the long term are proving not to be the answer, and there will be protests in earnest if this carries on Austria is just the beginning. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

A new variant in the south of Africa which spreads quicker than the Delta variant, and appears to be resistant to the vaccines could already be in this country. 40,000 Austrians take to the streets to protest against another lockdown have people had enough after 2 years of restrictions. Where is this all leading us to ? For me it seems inevitable that we can’t stop this virus and unfortunately it will sweep through the world attacking the most vulnerable, and hopefully those who get it will create natural anti bodies that remain in the body and protect us for years to come, this may mean we have to contract it 2-3 times for our anti bodies to be at the full strength required to defend us against Covid and it’s mutations, as shit as it sounds how do stop it if it’s found away to combat our vaccines. Governments will fall and a form of anarchy will prevail if we keep going in and out of lockdown, people will revolt more and more if their businesses jobs and freedoms are constantly taken away from them, lockdowns aren’t the answer they do curb the rise and cases do significantly drop but as soon as we open up they rise again, the people and the economies of the world can not endure the constant merry go round of restrictions that in the long term are proving not to be the answer, and there will be protests in earnest if this carries on Austria is just the beginning. 

Could People not just be mindful of others? It's not up to the government to try to enforce "common" sense and "common" decency. 

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Could People not just be mindful of others? It's not up to the government to try to enforce "common" sense and "common" decency. 

They should but in all walks of life but unfortunately that isn’t going to cure Covid and stop people protesting as we’ve seen here America and now Austria, I can only see herd immunity working at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They should but in all walks of life but unfortunately that isn’t going to cure Covid and stop people protesting as we’ve seen here America and now Austria, I can only see herd immunity working at the moment. 

Not sure herd immunity is going to happen though, we'll never meet the percentage required plus this virus seems to be evolving quicker than we can keep up with (going on the last articles I've read).

11 hours ago, Matt said:

Not sure herd immunity is going to happen though, we'll never meet the percentage required plus this virus seems to be evolving quicker than we can keep up with (going on the last articles I've read).

I know it’s fucking scary this new variant from the south of Africa  has genuinely got the scientific world really concerned.  

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I know it’s fucking scary this new variant from the south of Africa  has genuinely got the scientific world really concerned.  

Yeah but they've also said remain calm because it's largely unknown at the moment. Just requires a bit of common sense, selflessness and self constraint. We'll be fine...

This new strain along with the athletes dropping to the floor with heart problems is a bad combo.

Much of what I'm seeing right now is people sharing anti Vax sentiments on the basis of these incidents.....the medical world needs to speak up about it.

Hopefully the current vaccinations offer a large degree of protection

Had to have another test today ahead of routine hospital check on Tuesday, and the testers have now had training on how to do a test on someone with a stoma (I was actually asked to be the guinea pig in the training video but we couldn't find a date that fitted); it's so much easier for me than a "normal" person, I just remove the "plug" and they stick in the swab. Unlike a routine test where they jab the thing down your throat and then up your nose I literally felt nothing, who knew having a hole in your neck had an upside?:D

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Had to have another test today ahead of routine hospital check on Tuesday, and the testers have now had training on how to do a test on someone with a stoma (I was actually asked to be the guinea pig in the training video but we couldn't find a date that fitted); it's so much easier for me than a "normal" person, I just remove the "plug" and they stick in the swab. Unlike a routine test where they jab the thing down your throat and then up your nose I literally felt nothing, who knew having a hole in your neck had an upside?:D

I had my swab yesterday for my second eye op next week.

Just seen there are 2 cases of the new variant in the UK.   I think there will be a lockdown. 

19 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I heard a South African expert claim that, despite increased transmission for the omicron variant, it appears that symptoms are less severe. This is a very good sign as the virus may be evolving to become less of a threat and more like an annual flu virus.

Saw this as well. Fingers crossed that is actually the case.