IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

5 days later and finally starting to feel myself again after the 2nd jab. Utterly miserable 3 day migraine and shivers, 0 energy reserves. Would do it all again if I had to though. 

You sound just like me mate woke up Friday with a stiff neck and feeling a little groggy, Saturday was absolutely battered, Sunday close to going to hospital was completely fucked still thought I had the worse flu ever. Mandy got us to do a flow test it said it can take up to 20 minutes to register mine took less than a minute to show to brownie reddish lines I was positive 5-10 minutes later Mandy was negative. Tried to book a PCR test for Sunday couldn’t get one till Monday got a positive result this morning, phone never stopped with emails and messages to be honest I felt that shit I ignored everyone one then late evening I got a phone call from a Scottish lad working in a Govid centre 20 minutes of questions and I was free to get back to bed, Mandy and myself have isolate till Tuesday. Christ knows what position I’d be in if I hadn’t had both jabs, because without wanting to appear to melodramatic this is the worst I’ve ever felt in my life, boys take it easy and please look after yourselves this is a very dangerous virus we are dealing with here.  

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You sound just like me mate woke up Friday with a stiff neck and feeling a little groggy, Saturday was absolutely battered, Sunday close to going to hospital was completely fucked still thought I had the worse flu ever. Mandy got us to do a flow test it said it can take up to 20 minutes to register mine took less than a minute to show to brownie reddish lines I was positive 5-10 minutes later Mandy was negative. Tried to book a PCR test for Sunday couldn’t get one till Monday got a positive result this morning, phone never stopped with emails and messages to be honest I felt that shit I ignored everyone one then late evening I got a phone call from a Scottish lad working in a Govid centre 20 minutes of questions and I was free to get back to bed, Mandy and myself have isolate till Tuesday. Christ knows what position I’d be in if I hadn’t had both jabs, because without wanting to appear to melodramatic this is the worst I’ve ever felt in my life, boys take it easy and please look after yourselves this is a very dangerous virus we are dealing with here.  

That sounds awful mate, I was only suffering with side effects of the vaccine though! Good luck with the recovery 

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Look after yourself and Mandy mate, this stuff is serious and hope you make a quick recovery. Can’t imagine how hard this thing his without the back up from the vaccine. 
Good luck Palfy. 

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Take it easy mate. 

It must be really bad if it is the worst you have felt after all of those years. 😉

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

It is indeed very serious. Get well soon Palfy 

Im double jabbed and normally brush stuff off.  

I'm past the fever, headache, sore throat stage which was 2 to 3 days.  The last 3 days has been pure tiredness/dizzy and fatigue.  I've been working but my head hasnt been up to processing much.

I've been making sure I've been on top of vitamin D and C, take zinc etc.  Been eating plenty too. 

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

How you feeling today Palf?

I feel like I'm just weak and tired.... Jittery almost.  

Starting to pick up a bit thanks mate, still very limited to what I can do head is not banging as much still feel cold and shivery but not sweating as much, strange to have no sense of smell or taste, and coughing still there but not as persistent. Your be wishing you never asked Haf😀 Hope you get back to your old self very soon. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Starting to pick up a bit thanks mate, still very limited to what I can do head is not banging as much still feel cold and shivery but not sweating as much, strange to have no sense of smell or taste, and coughing still there but not as persistent. Your be wishing you never asked Haf😀 Hope you get back to your old self very soon. 

Bloody horrible isn't it. 

6 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Wait, @Palfy was all of that from the vaccine side-effects?? I guess I read it as you were already vaccinated, you contracted covid and still had all of those symptoms.

I had been double vaccinated since April and still caught Covid with those symptoms, could I have been in hospital on a ventilator if hadn’t been vaccinated we can only guess. Yet my wife who hasn’t had a vaccination is still Covid free. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Let’s be honest Palfy, without the vaccine it could possibly have been worse than on a ventilator. With no disrespect meant (I’ll save the disrespect for your opinions on football only haha) you’re no spring chicken, Covid has been fatal for so many. Just make a full recovery and get back on your feet mate. 

Seems like Mandy is the lucky one, but at least she’s got an excuse to stay socially distanced from you now mate. (Ok, a little disrespect in that one) 😂

Cheers mate 😂I will fill you in on our living situation a bit later, but needless to say it wouldn’t have been what Mandy would have chosen at this moment in time, but thankfully she hasn’t contracted it any hopefully won’t. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Cheers mate 😂I will fill you in on our living situation a bit later, but needless to say it wouldn’t have been what Mandy would have chosen at this moment in time, but thankfully she hasn’t contracted it any hopefully won’t. 

Trying to tell us she normally can’t keep her hands off you? You randy old dog!! 😂

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

I had been double vaccinated since April and still caught Covid with those symptoms, could I have been in hospital on a ventilator if hadn’t been vaccinated we can only guess. Yet my wife who hasn’t had a vaccination is still Covid free. 

Wow, that's shocking. I've had a couple people I know contract it after being fully vaccinated, but their symptoms were relatively mild. 

Just goes to show how vicious this thing still is, and the need to mask up again. Glad you're on the mend, Palf.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Trying to tell us she normally can’t keep her hands off you? You randy old dog!! 😂

We sold our house 4 months ago after deciding to stop guessing what it was worth and getting  a valuation, he gave us his opinion which exceeded our valuation, we then decided that we had something unique and stuck another lump on top we then paid him 450.00 to get a staging company in to do a glossy brochure which would be reimbursed on the sale, anyway sold it in a couple of days, we then put an offer in on a detached cottage in an old Saxon market town of Cricklade it had been empty for nearly 3 years the old girl died in a care home some 18 months ago and the family had a fall out on who was getting what so it ended up being sold by a solicitor through probate, so we put all stuff in storage and rented a 3 bed lake house in the Cotswold water park, we are now living on what was a farm just outside Cirecester on the B road to Burford we can be here for 3-4 months but we might need a bit longer the place we bought is a right mess and a hell of lot more work than envisaged, I thought 60-70k and 3-4 months it’s now looking like 100-120k and 6-7 months, anyway the place we are in is a small lounge and kitchen 1 bed and en-suite shower room, which as really pissed Mandy off this week having to isolate in 2 rooms with someone who has Covid and she doesn’t. That’s how the cookie crumbles.  

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Wow, that's shocking. I've had a couple people I know contract it after being fully vaccinated, but their symptoms were relatively mild. 

Just goes to show how vicious this thing still is, and the need to mask up again. Glad you're on the mend, Palf.

Cheers buddy. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

We sold our house 4 months ago after deciding to stop guessing what it was worth and getting  a valuation, he gave us his opinion which exceeded our valuation, we then decided that we had something unique and stuck another lump on top we then paid him 450.00 to get a staging company in to do a glossy brochure which would be reimbursed on the sale, anyway sold it in a couple of days, we then put an offer in on a detached cottage in an old Saxon market town of Cricklade it had been empty for nearly 3 years the old girl died in a care home some 18 months ago and the family had a fall out on who was getting what so it ended up being sold by a solicitor through probate, so we put all stuff in storage and rented a 3 bed lake house in the Cotswold water park, we are now living on what was a farm just outside Cirecester on the B road to Burford we can be here for 3-4 months but we might need a bit longer the place we bought is a right mess and a hell of lot more work than envisaged, I thought 60-70k and 3-4 months it’s now looking like 100-120k and 6-7 months, anyway the place we are in is a small lounge and kitchen 1 bed and en-suite shower room, which as really pissed Mandy off this week having to isolate in 2 rooms with someone who has Covid and she doesn’t. That’s how the cookie crumbles.  

That doesn’t sound fun for isolation, but something great to look forward to in the near future mate. It’ll be worth the wait. 
Lovely part of the world down there. 

On 28/07/2021 at 21:27, Palfy said:

Only just reading this. So sorry you came down with the virus. As others have written, though, I dread to think what would have happened if you weren't vaccinated. How are you feeling now?

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Only just reading this. So sorry you came down with the virus. As others have written, though, I dread to think what would have happened if you weren't vaccinated. How are you feeling now?

On the mend thanks Steve, get the occasional bouts of short breathlessness, still coughing which I find infuriating because happens when you least want it too, but here to tell the tale which is a blessing because so many poor souls never got that opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

In the meantime, here in the US....

Who believes everyone present followed protocol and was vaccinated?

https://www.businessinsider.com/lollapalooza-viral-photo-shows-dense-mostly-maskless-crowd-2021-8

As in this country and probably all over the world there are so many who show blatant disregard for themselves and the people around them.  

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

On the mend thanks Steve, get the occasional bouts of short breathlessness, still coughing which I find infuriating because happens when you least want it too, but here to tell the tale which is a blessing because so many poor souls never got that opportunity. 

I came out of isolation on the Friday and was really tired.   Ended up shooting my lowest round of golf on the Saturday but was so exhausted.

I did notice some wheezing but nothing that got worse.  I didn't have a cough at all.

I'm very glad I got vaccinated.

17 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I came out of isolation on the Friday and was really tired.   Ended up shooting my lowest round of golf on the Saturday but was so exhausted.

I did notice some wheezing but nothing that got worse.  I didn't have a cough at all.

If I knew catching Covid would improve my golf I could have saved a fortune on lessons and just stopped wearing a mask 😂

Glad you’re feeling better though mate. 

48 minutes ago, StevO said:

If I knew catching Covid would improve my golf I could have saved a fortune on lessons and just stopped wearing a mask 😂

Glad you’re feeling better though mate. 

Cheers Steve .... Take a look at arm swing illusion - Jim Waldron.  Groundbreaking for me. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Covid good for slowing your golf 🏌️♂️ swing down you can always find a positive in a negative if you look hard enough. Pleased to hear you came through relatively unscathed mate, how many have you been cut by 😉