IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Completely unsurprising too. Saw protests in London this weekend against the vaccine etc. Whilst the city was heaving with its usual "I'm the only one that matters" attitude that comes from big cities. Not everyone was, but the split was definitely closer to 80/20 in favour of the selfish cunts. Then the amount of ignorance and arrogance of these fuckwits protesting... it's truly an impressive sight to see, much like a group of people telling you they can lick their own elbows and proceeding to demonstrate, only to fail and blame conspiracy theories. 

Fuck the vaccine passports, Im leaning towards licence to breed again. It'd solve climate change, national budgets and a whole lot more if we just let these thundercunts die out. 

Anyone got any foreign travel travel booked? I've got three weeks in Greece in September which we actually booked in 2019 for last September but obviously couldn't go so carried it over to this year. I'm cautiously optimistic it'll happen. Easyjet were good enough to waive the name change fees (would've been £98) on the flights so Josh is going with me now. And I'm taking the wife as well to scatter her ashes in her favourite place.:)

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

Anyone got any foreign travel travel booked? I've got three weeks in Greece in September which we actually booked in 2019 for last September but obviously couldn't go so carried it over to this year. I'm cautiously optimistic it'll happen. Easyjet were good enough to waive the name change fees (would've been £98) on the flights so Josh is going with me now. And I'm taking the wife as well to scatter her ashes in her favourite place.:)

Enjoy it mike, hope it brings you some solace.  Sadly Canada has kept their border closed and that’s the only international I’d do, so probably not until next year for me.  

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Enjoy it mike, hope it brings you some solace.  Sadly Canada has kept their border closed and that’s the only international I’d do, so probably not until next year for me.  

Do you need a password to cross into Canada. 

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I wish.  They have closed the Canada/US border due to COVID.  Even sports teams based in Canada (Toronto blue jays) are playing all their games in the US since they aren’t even allowed in their own country.

Sorry mate just seen my post password should have been passport, do you need a passport if you’re American to get into Canada or do they accept any other from of I.D. 

Not sure if I was every really ok with the gov telling me I had to wear a mask, so to protest...I just wore a mask, some things aren't worth the argument. Not sure how effective the shot will be since what we "know" about this thing seems to constantly change (not evolve, just change). Kinda makes you wonder how the heck we know how to or how safe the vax will be. So, in protest, I just went and got the Johnson&Johnson shot, because again, some things aren't worth fusssing over. 

Then I booked a week in Panama early July for me and the wife. Little time in the highlands, few days on the Pacific, can't wait.

Panama may require a passport, but no password, so that's good :)

36 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Not sure if I was every really ok with the gov telling me I had to wear a mask, so to protest...I just wore a mask, some things aren't worth the argument. Not sure how effective the shot will be since what we "know" about this thing seems to constantly change (not evolve, just change). Kinda makes you wonder how the heck we know how to or how safe the vax will be. So, in protest, I just went and got the Johnson&Johnson shot, because again, some things aren't worth fusssing over. 

Then I booked a week in Panama early July for me and the wife. Little time in the highlands, few days on the Pacific, can't wait.

Panama may require a passport, but no password, so that's good :)

Sounds good 👌 

I've had about four hospital appointments recently and not been called in for a test ahead of them, but just now (with an appointment on Monday) I've been called and got to have one on Friday....despite being fully vaccinated. Just seems mad and totally random. They've also said I have to isolate between the test and the appointment which I've never been asked to do before.:blink2:

On 03/06/2021 at 08:04, MikeO said:

Also considering Greece in August/September, but obviously a much longer haul from the States... I'm still not certain about long haul travel given the U.S. reentry testing requirements (highly inconvenient, if fair).

5 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Also considering Greece in August/September, but obviously a much longer haul from the States... I'm still not certain about long haul travel given the U.S. reentry testing requirements (highly inconvenient, if fair).

Do you often take your vacations in Europe. 

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

Do you often take your vacations in Europe. 

I've been a three times for leisure. I generally try to go "abroad", as while the States have plenty of neat cities and beautiful scenery, culturally it's a bit monolithic. Portugal was my personal favorite. 

3 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

I've been a three times for leisure. I generally try to go "abroad", as while the States have plenty of neat cities and beautiful scenery, culturally it's a bit monolithic. Portugal was my personal favorite. 

I play a fair bit of golf in Portugal in the Algarve region mostly, beautiful country and the people are so friendly and upbeat, so pleased you enjoyed your stay hope you enjoy many more 😎

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just managed to shift the appointment for Josh's second jab forward by a couple of weeks, as it was he was going to have it two days before we fly to Greece so would've needed a negative test (tests have to be within 72 hours of departure and the testing place locally wouldn't guarantee getting the result in time due to early Wednesday flight and them not being open at weekend, and they wanted £145). Now he'll be more than two full weeks vacced so no need for test, big saving in stress and money!

Starting to worry a bit about the Delta variant and whether to mask or not. I've been fully vaccinated for two months now, and Minneapolis lifted their mask mandate a few weeks ago, so I've been in grocery stores, shopping malls, etc without one. 

But now with the WHO saying vaccinated people should still mask, it's worrying. The CDC hasn't stepped in here yet to say that even vaccinated people should continue to wear masks, but if the science shows that Delta is here and is able to bypass the vaccines, they'll have no other choice. 

Can't fucking wait to see what the right's response to another mask mandate would be 😒

8 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Can't fucking wait to see what the right's response to another mask mandate would be 😒

Very much over the top of what most people’s view will be, which is I believe it’s time to move forward open up and live with it, and if you choose to carry on wearing a mask 😷 and keeping away from large gatherings that’s fair enough. But for those who have been vaccinated most did so so that they could have their freedom back and their sanity, what was the point of it if nothing changes. It’s time to give individuals back their freedom to choose. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Very much over the top of what most people’s view will be, which is I believe it’s time to move forward open up and live with it, and if you choose to carry on wearing a mask 😷 and keeping away from large gatherings that’s fair enough. But for those who have been vaccinated most did so so that they could have their freedom back and their sanity, what was the point of it if nothing changes. It’s time to give individuals back their freedom to choose. 

I think the more it transmits from vaccinated person to person the more forces are on the virus to mutate which is like swimming against the tide.

I think vaccination does reduce transmission and certainly reduces serious illness but we still need to restrict it where possible. 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think the more it transmits from vaccinated person to person the more forces are on the virus to mutate which is like swimming against the tide.

I think vaccination does reduce transmission and certainly reduces serious illness but we still need to restrict it where possible. 

This will be a difficult decision for many. There is no doubt vaccines do a really good job against the illness both in reducing serious infection and ongoing transmission as you say, but I am not sure this is something that will just disappear. 

We aren't even 2 years into this thing and there have already been a number of dangerous variations to the disease. They seemed to be coming like buses at one stage and not too much has developed since the Delta variant, so maybe that is a sign that the rate of mutation is slowing, but who knows. I bloody hope so!

I noted months ago how most white men point-blank refused to wear a mask in our local grocery store despite all the signs, employees telling them at the door, etc. It was infuriating, and you could tell they were spoiling for a fight.

Now, there is no mask mandate, but I have to say that a majority of people in that same store still choose to wear a mask. It's true for about 95% of black shoppers, 75% of white women, and maybe 25% the rest. It's striking. As a matter of respect for the majority rather than for any other reason (since I've had the virus and both vaccinations), I still wear a mask in the store.

It would be interesting to know whether this phenomenon is true in other parts of the country: minorities wearing masks while white men especially do not.

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I noted months ago how most white men point-blank refused to wear a mask in our local grocery store despite all the signs, employees telling them at the door, etc. It was infuriating, and you could tell they were spoiling for a fight.

Now, there is no mask mandate, but I have to say that a majority of people in that same store still choose to wear a mask. It's true for about 95% of black shoppers, 75% of white women, and maybe 25% the rest. It's striking. As a matter of respect for the majority rather than for any other reason (since I've had the virus and both vaccinations), I still wear a mask in the store.

It would be interesting to know whether this phenomenon is true in other parts of the country: minorities wearing masks while white men especially do not.

I don't go out much but on the odd occasions I go to the grocery store, I never see anyone without a mask. The last time I went I was just walking up the first aisle, when, seeing all the people wearing masks,  realised that I had left mine in the car and had to go back and get it!  Here in Berkshire, it is very unusual to see anyone without a mask.