IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

On the subject of vaccinations, does anyone know why the BCG left some people with a mark or a dint on their arm? It didn’t for me so I’ve always wondered. 

Don't know about recent times but back when I was a kid everyone had a TB jab; was strange in that you had a weird hexagonal thing with six needles first which just punctured the skin, then depending on your reaction to that you had the jab a couple of weeks later, guess the first thing was to check for allergic reaction. Certainly the scar from the first part hung around for many years. 

Funny things though scars, the smallest thing can leave a mark for ever, chicken pox scars for example, Josh has one beneath an eye. I had huge surgery on my neck and you can't see a thing (dammit), though I do have a good one now that doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon, on my chest where a "flap" was taken for the plastic surgery rebuild of my throat, looks like I've had a heart transplant!:)

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Absolutely nothing will happen with this.

Ffs, we have an opposition that are refusing to oppose the government on anything whatsoever. 

Hancock already broke the law, shrugged it off as “paperwork being a bit late” and Starmer already refused to call for resignation “because no one wants to see it at the moment”. Fuck that, fire the cunt who broke the law and jail him. Oh, wait. He’s a politician, that doesn’t happen to them...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Hancock already broke the law, shrugged it off as “paperwork being a bit late” and Starmer already refused to call for resignation “because no one wants to see it at the moment”. Fuck that, fire the cunt who broke the law and jail him. Oh, wait. He’s a politician, that doesn’t happen to them...

Which is why I said what you quoted. It’s all just a farce.

Im more angry about Starmer being an inept opposition leader than I am about about Hancock sweeping it all under the carpet (you expect it from that slimy toad). How can Starmer misjudge things so spectacularly? No one wants it? Is he actually fucking braindead?

Like I’ve said all along: he’s just a Conservative that wears a red tie. He’s done nothing but back them up and that’s why they’re getting away with things even easier. He needs to be reminded that he’s in opposition to them, not in bed with them. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Which is why I said what you quoted. It’s all just a farce.

Im more angry about Starmer being an inept opposition leader than I am about about Hancock sweeping it all under the carpet (you expect it from that slimy toad). How can Starmer misjudge things so spectacularly? No one wants it? Is he actually fucking braindead?

Like I’ve said all along: he’s just a Conservative that wears a red tie. He’s done nothing but back them up and that’s why they’re getting away with things even easier. He needs to be reminded that he’s in opposition to them, not in bed with them. 

I was agreeing mate, just expanding :) 

The attitude in the southern states causes me so much frustration. I stopped by our local food supermarket yesterday. They have very clear signs on the door: "everyone entering the store must wear a mask". Inside the store, I immediately encountered someone not wearing a mask, so I challenged him. He became very annoyed and walked off. Several others were in the store without a mask, so I challenged a store employee, who told me they can't legally enforce wearing a mask, but maybe I should speak with a manager. So, at the checkout, I did just that: "What's the point in putting up all those notices if you won't enforce the wearing of masks?" The answer: "people will do what they want to do."

Later in the day, I stopped by another store. Waiting at the checkout (with distancing signs on the floor), I noticed the store employee was not wearing a mask. When it was my turn, I refused to go forward but asked whether he could wear a mask. His answer, "no". "Do you have a mask?" "No." "Then can I please be served by another employee who will wear a mask?" "No - there are none", followed by a chuckle. I left my potential purchases on a table and walked out - rather angry. Yes, I know I've had the virus, and I'm probably immune, but mutations are popping up and I remain cautious. Plus, I'm trying to be a good citizen (or is that good permanent resident?).

That evening, I spotted a picture on Facebook from a friend of mine who owns his own gym. It showed a party from earlier in the week where he and about forty gym members were crowded into a marquee and all looking at the camera - with absolutely no distancing and not a mask in sight. I was so tempted to post a comment, but how many more friends do I wish to alienate by commenting, no matter how politely? There comes a point at which I have to accept that I have no right to impose my opinion on others. The US government is getting more serious about the virus, but US culture is such that a sizable minority will, on a point of principle, totally refuse to do anything to stop the virus.

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The attitude in the southern states causes me so much frustration. I stopped by our local food supermarket yesterday. They have very clear signs on the door: "everyone entering the store must wear a mask". Inside the store, I immediately encountered someone not wearing a mask, so I challenged him. He became very annoyed and walked off. Several others were in the store without a mask, so I challenged a store employee, who told me they can't legally enforce wearing a mask, but maybe I should speak with a manager. So, at the checkout, I did just that: "What's the point in putting up all those notices if you won't enforce the wearing of masks?" The answer: "people will do what they want to do."

Later in the day, I stopped by another store. Waiting at the checkout (with distancing signs on the floor), I noticed the store employee was not wearing a mask. When it was my turn, I refused to go forward but asked whether he could wear a mask. His answer, "no". "Do you have a mask?" "No." "Then can I please be served by another employee who will wear a mask?" "No - there are none", followed by a chuckle. I left my potential purchases on a table and walked out - rather angry. Yes, I know I've had the virus, and I'm probably immune, but mutations are popping up and I remain cautious. Plus, I'm trying to be a good citizen (or is that good permanent resident?).

That evening, I spotted a picture on Facebook from a friend of mine who owns his own gym. It showed a party from earlier in the week where he and about forty gym members were crowded into a marquee and all looking at the camera - with absolutely no distancing and not a mask in sight. I was so tempted to post a comment, but how many more friends do I wish to alienate by commenting, no matter how politely? There comes a point at which I have to accept that I have no right to impose my opinion on others. The US government is getting more serious about the virus, but US culture is such that a sizable minority will, on a point of principle, totally refuse to do anything to stop the virus.

It's frustrating.  I can't wait for studies to come out of this from a human psychology perspective.   

My guess is this:- "if  you are uneducated to the point that your arrogance exceeds your IQ and general common decency and selflessness then you are highly likely to oppose restrictions put in place to keep you and others safe" 

Simply put.... You are a selfish prick who stared out the window instead of paying attention in school... You are the type of character who likes their voice to be heard and to get attention because it's your opportunity to make up for the insecurity that people can see you as being somehow smarter than you actually are but deep down you know you arent.

I'm beyond fucked off with such dickheads.  I don't like to generalise but the people I tend to see not wearing masks etc are the type of people I quickly identify at airports and think "please do not be on my transfer coach of my hotel". 

I know that sounds very snobbish but it's true.  These people tick the same box as those who turn up as a family to A&E departments cos someone sprained their ankle.... Can't sit and wait, have to be up walking round, talking for other people to hear.... When they get seen to or leave you can see people collectively sigh a relief and continue reading stuff on their phones. 

An interesting piece below:-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/narcissism-mask-covid-psychology/2020/09/25/d3de1b32-fe9c-11ea-9ceb-061d646d9c67_story.html

Coincidence

https://uwaterloo.ca/arts/news/why-narcissists-arent-smart-they-think

Have to say I've not seen anyone inside anywhere without a mask for months, maybe we're just more law-abiding in the South West:D I almost always wear one now (even though it serves absolutely no purpose) just to stop people challenging me, exception being in the village chemist where they obviously know my circumstances and ditto at the doctor's surgery. Worst part, for me, is not being able to thank people like check-out staff, which I could do by just mouthing it if I didn't have a mask on. Hard not to come across as rude.

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Worst part, for me, is not being able to thank people like check-out staff, which I could do by just mouthing it if I didn't have a mask on. Hard not to come across as rude.

I understand your concern at that a please and a thank you goes along way in my opinion, it’s a validation that you are happy with the way you have been treated as well as good manners, I can see how that must be difficult for you and I don’t know the sensible answer mate, must be very frustrating at times. 

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

Have to say I've not seen anyone inside anywhere without a mask for months, maybe we're just more law-abiding in the South West:D I almost always wear one now (even though it serves absolutely no purpose) just to stop people challenging me, exception being in the village chemist where they obviously know my circumstances and ditto at the doctor's surgery. Worst part, for me, is not being able to thank people like check-out staff, which I could do by just mouthing it if I didn't have a mask on. Hard not to come across as rude.

Honestly...  this pandemic has made me look at where I live. I do think "civilised" behaviour has alot to do with it....

Do you have kids who ride towards you pulling wheelies on bikes on the road? We do by us and my guess is that their parents are salt of the earth too and that's what we are seeing in shops.

Totally agree with you on the staff at shops etc. Sitting ducks some of them.... At the mercy of some half wits who watched a YouTube video and decide to go out with no mask to make a statement..... "I've got a medical condition" - the worst miss of the pandemic, opened the door to absolute nob heads who's only medical condition is one brain cell. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2021 at 10:15, Hafnia said:

Do you have kids who ride towards you pulling wheelies on bikes on the road?

Missed this. Very rare that as far as I'm aware, what we get are crowds of schoolkids walking in the road and glaring at drivers...demonstrating how "hard" they are.

Just got home from a routine hospital visit (don't have to have a test for every visit now I'm jabbed:)) and they told me they currently have fourteen COVID patients and this time last month they had 128.  

46 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Missed this. Very rare that as far as I'm aware, what we get are crowds of schoolkids walking in the road and glaring at drivers...demonstrating how "hard" they are.

Just got home from a routine hospital visit (don't have to have a test for every visit now I'm jabbed:)) and they told me they currently have fourteen COVID patients and this time last month they had 128.  

Yes. It's the first time in a long time I've been optimistic regarding this virus.

It's a huge pity that some people think they are being big clever smart arses like the kids walking across roads as though cars can't hit them when it comes to this virus. 

Some twitter phrases from the smiley badge parade.

"I'm not wearing a muzzle"..... No you arent wearing a piece of material that reduces the projection of the deoxygenated air that you have stolen you utter gobshite.  If you had 4 legs and more intelligence then you may have to wear a muzzle to stop you from biting some poor innocent member of the public who may recover from the bite better than they would have their lungs turned to mush from the shite you expell which isn't just your opinions.

"isn't it amazing that we haven't seen much colds or flu - only coronavirus"

No not really dickhead, if 80% of the country are doing their bit to prevent the transmission of something far more contagious that we had no previous vaccine for then why would we see lots of cases of something far less contagious which people have been vaccinated for.

"It's a conspiracy to make money from vaccines"

Yeah, the western world managed to talk Putin into joining this conspiracy..... 

Totally agree with all being said, but the point with the masks is that they can't stop the virus, only slow the spread. By challenging idiots who don't wear a mask inside, all you do is potentially increase the transmission inside that space. If everyone keep their mouth shut and mind their own business in closed spaces, ultimately will do a lot more in the matter of slowing the spread than challenging and yelling at people who will in turn yell back. Also what do you expect, to change their mind and make them behave? 

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Totally agree with all being said, but the point with the masks is that they can't stop the virus, only slow the spread. By challenging idiots who don't wear a mask inside, all you do is potentially increase the transmission inside that space. If everyone keep their mouth shut and mind their own business in closed spaces, ultimately will do a lot more in the matter of slowing the spread than challenging and yelling at people who will in turn yell back. Also what do you expect, to change their mind and make them behave? 

I don't challenge people. . . That's giving them what they want, it's the attention they seek a d a platform to spout shite from the university of Facebook.  I hold my breath and walk past