IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

On 01/03/2021 at 17:25, MikeO said:

Have to say I've not seen anyone inside anywhere without a mask for months, maybe we're just more law-abiding in the South West:D I almost always wear one now (even though it serves absolutely no purpose) just to stop people challenging me, exception being in the village chemist where they obviously know my circumstances and ditto at the doctor's surgery. Worst part, for me, is not being able to thank people like check-out staff, which I could do by just mouthing it if I didn't have a mask on. Hard not to come across as rude.

I give a 'thumb's up' and keep it up until I know they've seen it.

Just now, MikeO said:

How's the roll out working over there? Can people willing to pay get it sooner? Very strict pecking order here.

It seems to be going fine as far as availability goes. But the fact that I'm already in line to get one tells me that other folks (the ones who need it more) haven't been taking advantage of the availability. 

I think my government (MS) is at the point of "okay, make it available to anyone who is willing to take it."

Had a visit this afternoon from a nurse from the private company that supply my neck breathing kit because I'm trialling some new stuff and the manufacturers in Sweden wanted to have a video of a problem I've been having. He has a covid test every day but when he arrived took my temperature to check I was OK, I failed, high temp so he did a very shortened visit from a distance. So now strictly speaking I have to isolate but tomorrow I'd been planning to break lockdown to visit my mother-in-law who has very little time left to live, what a conundrum. Someone said to me that my visit might kill her but she has days/weeks left at the most anyway and really is very keen to get it over with so my visit (in the unlikely event my temp is due to covid) might actually help her. Desperately want to see her for a last time so if I feel OK in the morning I'm going, temperature aside I feel totally fine.

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Had a visit this afternoon from a nurse from the private company that supply my neck breathing kit because I'm trialling some new stuff and the manufacturers in Sweden wanted to have a video of a problem I've been having. He has a covid test every day but when he arrived took my temperature to check I was OK, I failed, high temp so he did a very shortened visit from a distance. So now strictly speaking I have to isolate but tomorrow I'd been planning to break lockdown to visit my mother-in-law who has very little time left to live, what a conundrum. Someone said to me that my visit might kill her but she has days/weeks left at the most anyway and really is very keen to get it over with so my visit (in the unlikely event my temp is due to covid) might actually help her. Desperately want to see her for a last time so if I feel OK in the morning I'm going, temperature aside I feel totally fine.

I would go mate it would a shame for both of you if you never got to see each other again, sometimes rules have to be broken for the better. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I would go mate it would a shame for both of you if you never got to see each other again, sometimes rules have to be broken for the better. 

It was odd, he did a reading from my forehead which was marginally high then one in my ear which was normal so he wasn't really concerned but had to follow regulations although he said it might just be that the house was vey warm. Wasn't sweating in bed last night and no headache or cough so I'm sure I've not got it.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-56575135

this is why we can’t have nice things. 

fuck the fines, stick them in jail (turn the Nightingale hospitals into prisons for extra irony) for a month and let the criminal record follow them like a mark for the rest of their lives the selfish fuckers. 

im also further enraged by the littering. Angers me so much

On 16/03/2021 at 15:22, MikeO said:

How's the roll out working over there? Can people willing to pay get it sooner? Very strict pecking order here.

It's chaotic in Georgia, where we have the lowest vaccination rate in the country and a governor who appears to be totally incompetent. My wife stopped by our local grocery store one day this week, and the staff from the pharmacy were wandering the aisles asking whether anyone would like the vaccine. It seems that people are signing up for vaccines in multiple places and just showing up to one when they feel like it. This means that thousands upon thousands of vaccines are sitting unused even while so many are waiting for them to become available.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/03/2021 at 14:47, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-56575135

this is why we can’t have nice things. 

fuck the fines, stick them in jail (turn the Nightingale hospitals into prisons for extra irony) for a month and let the criminal record follow them like a mark for the rest of their lives the selfish fuckers. 

im also further enraged by the littering. Angers me so much

You and me both Matt.  I actually found a discarded mask on my drive, just yards from the front door.  Could only have been dropped by a delivery man.  The drive is too long for it to have come from someone out in the street.  Whoever dropped it was  obviously taking it off as they were going back to their van, so they must have known they had dropped it.  Just couldn't be bothered picking it up.

19 minutes ago, johnh said:

You and me both Matt.  I actually found a discarded mask on my drive, just yards from the front door.  Could only have been dropped by a delivery man.  The drive is too long for it to have come from someone out in the street.  Whoever dropped it was  obviously taking it off as they were going back to their van, so they must have known they had dropped it.  Just couldn't be bothered picking it up.

We live next to a school and there's a daily collection on the street. It's so annoying. 

Breaking every Covid rule in the book at that funeral today, lip sefice by only having 30 "mourners" but crowds of people around not social distancing or wearing masks, plus they had pall bearers. We weren't allowed them, my wife was pushed in on a trolley.:mad:

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Breaking every Covid rule in the book at that funeral today, lip sefice by only having 30 "mourners" but crowds of people around not social distancing or wearing masks, plus they had pall bearers. We weren't allowed them, my wife was pushed in on a trolley.:mad:

In capitalism the rich always get whatever they want regardless of the rules.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

In capitalism the rich always get whatever they want regardless of the rules.

It's why I haven't bought anything off Amazon or from Whole Foods since May of last year. The amount of money that Bezos has made off the pandemic is nauseating, and the countless reports of how their employees are treated is equally so. I know that it's barely a drop in the ocean, but ethically I just can't give my money to a company like that

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

It's why I haven't bought anything off Amazon or from Whole Foods since May of last year. The amount of money that Bezos has made off the pandemic is nauseating, and the countless reports of how their employees are treated is equally so. I know that it's barely a drop in the ocean, but ethically I just can't give my money to a company like that

Yeah I hate them too and boycott them.  Adults wearing diapers because they don’t get bathroom breaks is evil.  English folks probably wondering how it’s legal right?  Like anything bezos and his army of lawyers find the loopholes in laws and exploit.  Everyone’s a contractor and technically not employed by Amazon.  Garbage company that is truly the perfect example of capitalistic greed.  They skirt tax laws too.

one of their delivery trucks the parking break broke and smashed into my brothers car (he lives on a hill).  Guess what?  Amazon not liable they are a contractor the truck company is some pseudo company.  Has Amazon labels all over it employee with Amazon shirts pants jacket but nope technically not employed by them.  He’s trying to sue the car company for a faulty break, sadly he might end up with a trashed car and no compensation.  Rich get richer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2021 at 09:04, Hafnia said:

Over 40s now able to be vaccinated.

Had my second a couple of weeks ago, does it work who really knows ? To be honest I had them in the hope they would give me the passport to get on with my life and get traveling again, not because I thought they would stop me from contacting Covid-19. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Had my second a couple of weeks ago, does it work who really knows ? To be honest I had them in the hope they would give me the passport to get on with my life and get traveling again, not because I thought they would stop me from contacting Covid-19. 

I played golf with 3 lads who caught it. 2 of them sceptics... They really wish they never caught it, one was in hospital the other needs to go to bed after a walk and he caught it in October. 

I got the jab cos we really don't know the long term impacts of the disease. A girl I went to school with has had a damaged eye from it, my wife's colleague had his kidneys damaged and now needs dialysis. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I played golf with 3 lads who caught it. 2 of them sceptics... They really wish they never caught it, one was in hospital the other needs to go to bed after a walk and he caught it in October. 

I got the jab cos we really don't know the long term impacts of the disease. A girl I went to school with has had a damaged eye from it, my wife's colleague had his kidneys damaged and now needs dialysis. 

I’m not disputing COVID-19 exists, more no one seems to really know whether or how effective the vaccine is short or long term. Hopefully it’s a resounding success but only time will tell, but in the mean time if it gives me the freedom to travel far and wide I’ll take that as a massive positive. 
I need to get away from this country for a few weeks or months and mix with different type of social understanding and people, more than 50% of Brits in this country are fucked in the head mate. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

You can still travel, if you can get a flight and don't mind taking a chance. 

44 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m not disputing COVID-19 exists, more no one seems to really know whether or how effective the vaccine is short or long term. Hopefully it’s a resounding success but only time will tell, but in the mean time if it gives me the freedom to travel far and wide I’ll take that as a massive positive. 
I need to get away from this country for a few weeks or months and mix with different type of social understanding and people, more than 50% of Brits in this country are fucked in the head mate. 

There's dickheads everywhere I'm afraid.  Most of them were marching in London protesting about loss of freedom whilst thousands are dying in Brazil and India from the results of the freedom they crave. 

• 3 weeks later...