IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

I agree Mark, the social side is massive. Not just for kids. 
My parents are stuck in the house with my 43 year old sister and her two year old daughter and they all want to kill each other. 
My wife is on maternity leave with our six month old and she’s going out of her mind not seeing people. She’s broken the rules a few times, in as sensible way as possible just to have more human interaction. She has a friend with a seven month old who sees no one other than her husband, so they meet up most days now and let the kids play. She’s going to see her Mum, but they get tested together (Liverpool region) so they are as safe as they can be.

I feel really lucky I get to go to work, or I’d be going crazy. Spending weekends in the same building with nowhere else to go is getting to me enough, so how others are coping is beyond me. I’d be a mess. 

The schools in Switzerland are quite different because sizes are actually managed. But regarding the actual teaching, it’s more organised and monitored playtime that school, at least up to 7-8. E is going to have a real shock when she starts school in England (if we can ever get her into one!)

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Wife had Pfizer one, had some aching in her arm and felt a bit off for a few days with swollen glands.  Touch wood all good for you too. 

I’ve heard more people are feeling an aching arm with the Pfizer because it may be a lot colder when given. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

sweet jesus that was one night of hell.  chills, fever, cold sweats, headache, body aches, cotton mouth.  i made it through and woke up in a pool of sweat.  couldn't sleep for most of the night.  feeling better now that i'm awake but that 2nd shot is no joke.

Glad you're feeling better Mark. From the experiences of the people in my life, it varies wildly. My good friend had a horrible time with her second shot, similar to you, but my sister and brother-in-law were fine, just a little headache and sore arm. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

sweet jesus that was one night of hell.  chills, fever, cold sweats, headache, body aches, cotton mouth.  i made it through and woke up in a pool of sweat.  couldn't sleep for most of the night.  feeling better now that i'm awake but that 2nd shot is no joke.

Pleased to hear your feeling better mate, you must feel blessed that you have a much better than average chance of not catching it or getting it severely, I can’t wait to start my coarse off. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

That’s how I’ve felt the last two days without it :lol: 

Good to hear you’re through it though mate

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Got contacted by my surgery today I’m booked in for my first jab on Tuesday, which was a nice surprise only 61 so thought it would be weeks away before I got the call, not that I’m happy being 61

Ancient, I won't be 61 for ages, two whole months:D

I actually had a bit of pain in my arm in bed this morning, couldn't lie on my left side.