IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Because of the "relaxing" of the rules over Christmas (which I think and hope will be back-tracked on) I got a text from one of my daughters this morning inviting me to a "do" at her house on the 27th. Three daughters plus partners and nine kids, crazy. They're not stupid (normally) but I guess feel detached as we've got off so lightly down here (so far).

Needless to say I won't be going, even if I wasn't classed as highly vulnerable I wouldn't. Daft because I've seen none of them since I got out of hospital but they seem to think that four day window means all will be fine:doh:

Mixed messages from governments and those who are being paid a fortune for their knowledge here and overseas, are adding to so many more infections and potential deaths it’s crazy situation we find ourselves in. 

For me this virus is all about "think of other people - and everyone should be ok"

Sadly I've heard absolute bollocks off social media virologists and conspiracy theorists who give it the big "I'm going out, what do masks do? It's all about control do they can inject microchips in you".....

Yeah, bill gates wants to track you cos your life is so much more important than relying on tracking you via your mobile phone which you use on the toilet to do your studying....

Currently self isolating... My son's friend in school and his parents tested positive. We've been a bit under the weather, fingers crossed we will be ok. 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

For me this virus is all about "think of other people - and everyone should be ok"

Sadly I've heard absolute bollocks off social media virologists and conspiracy theorists who give it the big "I'm going out, what do masks do? It's all about control do they can inject microchips in you".....

Yeah, bill gates wants to track you cos your life is so much more important than relying on tracking you via your mobile phone which you use on the toilet to do your studying....

Currently self isolating... My son's friend in school and his parents tested positive. We've been a bit under the weather, fingers crossed we will be ok. 

Honestly it has shown me the people In my life who have shown their true colors.  Being selfish, thinking the economy is more important than people’s lives, it’s been a real eye opener.  And yes the conspiracy theory people are just fucking stupid.  They believe anything they see no matter how far fetched.

Just now, Matt said:

Finished my 10 days isolation today, can finally take the dog for a walk tomorrow. Been so strange having to sidestep my parents, stick to a corner of the house for days on end etc. 

good luck Haf, hope it passes quick and without problems 

Cheers Matt. Did you test positive? 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Cheers Matt. Did you test positive? 

No, flew home (alone, won’t see my wife and daughter until Jan now) from Switzerland to get some stuff organised before our big move in February. Really strange coming into my childhood home and having to actively avoid my parents (both 60 more or less) and sisters. My nephews jumped on me today though, they’ve been counting down asking for a cuddle. Won’t lie, been an emotional day today, which took me by surprise! 

I had my third negative test confirmed yesterday working in the construction industry is a bit of mine field really, I don’t often go out to site but when I do I seem to pick the sites that have 3 or 4 people test positive a couple of days after I’ve been there. 
When I get asked what my result was I never say negative I always say innocent 😇, some get it and others give you a puzzled look. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I had my third negative test confirmed yesterday working in the construction industry is a bit of mine field really, I don’t often go out to site but when I do I seem to pick the sites that have 3 or 4 people test positive a couple of days after I’ve been there. 
When I get asked what my result was I never say negative I always say innocent 😇, some get it and others give you a puzzled look. 

Mate is a site manager. Feel sorry for him, he's up the wall as the brickies, sparks, plasterers and what not don't listen. Meant to work metres apart but he keeps catches them working in the same room or going for breaks together with no masks and the argument it's a conspiracy. 

(In their defense they shouldn't be working as there's no way to safely distance but still a cluster fuck)

On 27/11/2020 at 20:08, holystove said:

My 6 year old just tested positive.  He got tested because of a mild fever and runny nose.

Won't be long before I get it too as I have been caring for him when I thought he only had a cold.  As an asthmatic I am not looking forward to it.

Update on this.

My son 6: only had a fever for 1 night.  No other complaints, thus far no lasting effects.  They ended up testing 9 kids in his class, 6 came back positive! All the covid-positive kids in his class infected at least one of their parents.  Schools are definitely one of the major ways this virus spread.

Daughter 5: played and had close contact with my son but never developed any symptoms.  

Wife 34:  got Covid as she works in the same area where the kids play.  Runny nose, occasional headaches, but nothing too dramatic.

Once we knew my son had covid, I self-isolated (am asthmatic).  Working from home in an upstairs room away from everyone else, ridiculous amounts of alocohol gel and always wearing an FFP2 mask.  Slept in the same bed with my wife without mask but with window slightly open.  Never got covid, so don't despair if one of your family members gets it. 

3 minutes ago, holystove said:

Update on this.

My son 6: only had a fever for 1 night.  No other complaints, thus far no lasting effects.  They ended up testing 9 kids in his class, 6 came back positive! All the covid-positive kids in his class infected at least one of their parents.  Schools are definitely one of the major ways this virus spread.

Daughter 5: played and had close contact with my son but never developed any symptoms.  

Wife 34:  got Covid as she works in the same area where the kids play.  Runny nose, occasional headaches, but nothing too dramatic.

Once we knew my son had covid, I self-isolated (am asthmatic).  Working from home in an upstairs room away from everyone else, ridiculous amounts of alocohol gel and always wearing an FFP2 mask.  Slept in the same bed with my wife without mask but with window slightly open.  Never got covid, so don't despair if one of your family members gets it. 

Glad it didn't affect you too badly holy.

12 minutes ago, holystove said:

Update on this.

Good to hear a nice balanced view on this.

It's important to treat seriously because of how serious it can be.  

Did the school run before, 2 dad's on separate occasions walked past me with no mask and coughed - no hand over mouth. It was on the tip of my tongue to say "never mind a mask, do that again and you'll need a gumshield".

My wife who is a nurse had something last November which was horrendous, severe temp and unbearable headache.  I didn't catch it, but she hasn't picked up any of the seasonal colds that have plagued out house since kids are in school.  There is so much we still don't know about this disease other than how bad it can be - on that basis alone people spreading lies or exposing others to risk should be treated as criminals.

Vitamin D 4000 - 6000 IU a day.  If half the anti-Vax, anti-mask, covid denying halfwits want to invest their toilet research time properly - then they should watch this guy's videos.... Don't use my post as advice to take vitamin D, but to look at whether you should. I believe it's a potential Lifesaver.

For me it's one of the most important posts I will have made (along with the Lukaku ones).  

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Did the school run before, 2 dad's on separate occasions walked past me with no mask and coughed - no hand over mouth. It was on the tip of my tongue to say "never mind a mask, do that again and you'll need a gumshield".

I'm in a weird situation in that I'm exempt from wearing a mask but as there's no visible evidence of why I should be I tend to wear one on my occasional trips to shops or whatever to avoid being hassled; they can mess with my breathing (it's a psychological thing, no physical reason why they should) so sometimes I have to remove and I have an exemption thing on my phone if questioned. Doctors/chemist etc know so never have any problem there. Funny thing is though that I do put my hand over mouth/nose if I cough or sneeze, even though it's totally pointless as both airways are cut off; if anything I should be putting my hand over my neck (although I don't need to as it's always covered), that'd raise some eyebrows:D

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well, Mike Pence got his vaccine today and it's expected that most of the rest of the administration won't be too far behind. 

I find it unconscionable that these asshats, who spent so long denying the severity of covid and causing such widespread devastation, are at the front of the line to get the vaccine. It legitimately makes my blood boil. 

True, but with a significant minority of people being Covid deniers, or vaccine sceptics it is important that leaders are seen to take the vaccine publicly. A large proportion of the sceptics (all though not all) are Trump supporters, and Trump must take the vaccine to reassure them it is safe and not some conspiracy. If he fails to do so I would hold him in contempt of humanity.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

True, but with a significant minority of people being Covid deniers, or vaccine sceptics it is important that leaders are seen to take the vaccine publicly. A large proportion of the sceptics (all though not all) are Trump supporters, and Trump must take the vaccine to reassure them it is safe and not some conspiracy. If he fails to do so I would hold him in contempt of humanity.

Very good point, LB. Hadn't even thought about that. 

I'm not normally that dramatic but I am genuinely devasted to not be able to see my family this Christmas. 

Having read more and more about this new strain, I am also completely amazed that the Government think that just locking the Southern areas in tier 4 will stop the spread. It feels like they haven't learnt anything this year. 

It also amazes me that they haven't reconsidered social distancing measures as by all accounts they will need to be updated, certainly to workplaces and other places where 'necessary' close contact will take place.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm not normally that dramatic but I am genuinely devasted to not be able to see my family this Christmas. 

Having read more and more about this new strain, I am also completely amazed that the Government think that just locking the Southern areas in tier 4 will stop the spread. It feels like they haven't learnt anything this year. 

It also amazes me that they haven't reconsidered social distancing measures as by all accounts they will need to be updated, certainly to workplaces and other places where 'necessary' close contact will take place.

Aren’t your family in “your bubble”?  I have family I see weekly but we have agreed not to see other people. So we are our own “bubble” so to speak.  Or is that not allowed over there?

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Aren’t your family in “your bubble”?  I have family I see weekly but we have agreed not to see other people. So we are our own “bubble” so to speak.  Or is that not allowed over there?

That is classed as different households over here and depending on what Tier you are in they can’t mix. 

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That is classed as different households over here and depending on what Tier you are in they can’t mix. 

What Palf says. 

The only bubbles here are for singles, those who require care or those who need help with childcare. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MikeO said:

The comments underneath are fucking horrific.  Selfish pricks who can't accept that we are in a situation that requires a level of obedience. ... Arrogant fuckwits with no intelligence so their response to limited intelligence is to use memes and graphs that they don't understand.

Btw Matt le tissier is an absolute prick, dangerous. He that witch Denise Welch and co need locking up with the Tory pricks who have consigned our country to lost lives through ignorance,greed and bad decisions.