IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

Covid has hit our house.  My eldest son tested positive and we will all likely have it, pretty much guaranteed.

Pretty much his whole class has it. Well done Boris, letting the delta variant in and removing restrictions.  The whole country will be self isolating soon you absolute prick. 

My advice to anyone is be safe, based on what I know it's really kicked off again and I expect numbers to go sky high unfortunately. Don't wait to be told to moderate your behaviour get ahead of the curve. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Covid has hit our house.  My eldest son tested positive and we will all likely have it, pretty much guaranteed.

Pretty much his whole class has it. Well done Boris, letting the delta variant in and removing restrictions.  The whole country will be self isolating soon you absolute prick. 

My advice to anyone is be safe, based on what I know it's really kicked off again and I expect numbers to go sky high unfortunately. Don't wait to be told to moderate your behaviour get ahead of the curve. 

Sorry to hear that Haf, fingers crossed you all just get mild symptoms. 

Fear you're right on the surge, more than one in a hundred people in England now have it and we're letting 140,000 people watch the British GP tomorrow, sure they have to be vacced or tested negative but there'll 100% still be a few hundred "carriers" in there. It's madness.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I hope you’re son is ok mate, but with a bit of care the rest of you might be alright. 

One of our neighbours kids had it recently and the parents and other brother managed to jot get it. The same for one of my lads in work, his Mum got it and his Dad didn’t and neither did he. All under the same roof. 

We all need to look after ourselves now, can’t rely on the government to help sadly. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

sorry to hear that.  When you say class, are your kids still in school? Do they do year round schooling there?

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

sorry to hear that.  When you say class, are your kids still in school? Do they do year round schooling there?

Yes they are 7 and 5. All bar 3 kids in my eldests class have tested positive.

Term is due to end next week 

The pricks tried to tell us kids could t catch it or pass it on last year.

Criminals

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yes they are 7 and 5. All bar 3 kids in my eldests class have tested positive.

Term is due to end next week 

The pricks tried to tell us kids could t catch it or pass it on last year.

Criminals

Awful man just as they were about to get out for the summer.  I hope everyone stays healthy.  Hope you can still do a summer holiday.

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

Best wishes Haf, I'm dreading the day it hits us. Its just a matter of time now, all due to greed, selfishness and ignorance. 

Scary Matt. Selfishness all over the place, the human psychology is weird, people seeking confirmation bias just to justify the fact they think it's a hoax.... Because they need to think it's a hoax to justify breaking rules.

52 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Scary Matt. Selfishness all over the place, the human psychology is weird, people seeking confirmation bias just to justify the fact they think it's a hoax.... Because they need to think it's a hoax to justify breaking rules.

Freedom of speech though mate. Can't enforce common sense for fear someone gets a bit upset that their BS isn't protected. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Sorry to hear about your bad news mate hope you all get through unscathed. But you’re right it’s definitely on the increase and at a time when we are looking at lifting restrictions, 3 days to Armageddon if the government doesn’t do a U turn and accept scientific advice and review the risks. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Best wishes Haf, I'm dreading the day it hits us. Its just a matter of time now, all due to greed, selfishness and ignorance. 

I’m with you Matt… it’s just a matter of time now. 

Before I was I thinking I could avoid getting it just by being safe myself (I wear a mask, been vaccinated), but now I realize it’s the idiots out there who don’t give a shit that’s going to lead to me getting it. 

Sharing my story from the Philippines.

I think we are the only county in the world who still has kids locked in the house. 18 months. I get the whole need be safe and we've had masks/shields mandated everywhere since March 2020 but locking kids in for 18 months has generational impacts across most age groups.

the vaccine % here is now only about 10% (1 dose) all because the President didn't want to buy vaccines upfront before they were manufactured so big pharma said fine place your orders early 2021...back of the queue. 

Sorry state of world affairs.

hope you and the family are safe haf. Me/Wife and 5yr old all caught it in March. No hospitalisation thankfully.

On 17/07/2021 at 17:10, Palfy said:

Sorry to hear about your bad news mate hope you all get through unscathed. But you’re right it’s definitely on the increase and at a time when we are looking at lifting restrictions, 3 days to Armageddon if the government doesn’t do a U turn and accept scientific advice and review the risks. 

I’m with you mate. Not looking forward to these restrictions ending at all. I’ll be more scared next week than I was a few months back. Too many idiots. 

I was talking to a friend earlier, last week he was in the staff room at work and one of his colleagues came and stood right next to him at the kettle. She wasn’t wearing a mask, standing close. An hour later he gets a call from his boss that this woman, after making a coffee, went and had a test in her office and was negative. She forgot to take her test before work, so had gone round asking if anyone had spares. Lots of people in his office had to isolate and luckily she hadn’t passed it on. 

We had an incident in my work last week too. One lad had been to Tenerife, comes into work the next day, then goes for his mandatory test the day after. Positive. Been in close contact with at least ten other people on that one day in between. 

On 17/07/2021 at 05:53, Hafnia said:

Sorry to hear this.

The advice my children gave me (they're equivalent to doctors in Britain) when my wife and I had the virus last year is (1) take daily aspirin since blood clots are an occasional problem, and (2) buy and use a pulse oximeter to check blood oxygen level. If that level drops below 90, get yourself checked out.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’m with you mate. Not looking forward to these restrictions ending at all. I’ll be more scared next week than I was a few months back. Too many idiots. 

I was talking to a friend earlier, last week he was in the staff room at work and one of his colleagues came and stood right next to him at the kettle. She wasn’t wearing a mask, standing close. An hour later he gets a call from his boss that this woman, after making a coffee, went and had a test in her office and was negative. She forgot to take her test before work, so had gone round asking if anyone had spares. Lots of people in his office had to isolate and luckily she hadn’t passed it on. 

We had an incident in my work last week too. One lad had been to Tenerife, comes into work the next day, then goes for his mandatory test the day after. Positive. Been in close contact with at least ten other people on that one day in between. 

This is the problem that those in charge don't seem to understand. 

Too many people are fucking idiots. As sad as it is you can't trust people to make their own decisions because there will be enough idiots who cause problems. You only have to look at the fall out from the football. You only have to look at the bellend in charge of the country who tries to change the rules when it suits him. 

Too many people just don't get it. Quite honestly in scares me. Not just covid but with life generally. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Sorry to hear this.

The advice my children gave me (they're equivalent to doctors in Britain) when my wife and I had the virus last year is (1) take daily aspirin since blood clots are an occasional problem, and (2) buy and use a pulse oximeter to check blood oxygen level. If that level drops below 90, get yourself checked out.

And my non-medical advise, but I trully believe it's a game changer. Those who are unaware, please check out Wim Hof method. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Too many people are fucking idiots. As sad as it is you can't trust people to make their own decisions because there will be enough idiots who cause problems. You only have to look at the fall out from the football. You only have to look at the bellend in charge of the country who tries to change the rules when it suits him. 

Too many people just don't get it. Quite honestly in scares me. Not just covid but with life generally. 

I think it’s got to the stage over the last couple of weeks that the horse has already bolted, with large crowds at big horse racing meetings, tennis for a few weeks, the Open golf over 4 days and the British Grand Prix over 3 days. That’s probably well over a million people attending these events in unshielded close proximity spreading Covid like wild fire. 

On 18/07/2021 at 22:08, Bailey said:

Too many selfish idiots who somehow get defended using the guise of "freedom of speech". When that freedom risks lives, let alone costs them, then things need to become law rather than choice because otherwise exactly what is happening with the numbers now, happens every time. 

It was odd to me last week when I was visiting Panama, we got an update saying Panama had been moved from Level 3 Advisory (risky) to Level 4 - Do Not Travel by the US CDC/State Department, due to increase crime and Covid cases.

I'm reading about murders every day back home in Alabama, we have no mask restrictions in public anymore, and almost twice the deaths of Panama with a similar population, and a similar vax %.  And I'm in Panama, where the entire country still has a 10pm curfew, everyone wears a mask outside their home, I had my temp checked every door I entered probably 70 times in a week....and I'm told it's too dangerous to be here?? It's safer in Alabama healthwise. Safe to travel to Chicago? What unelected public official makes the decisions? 

I'm just stunned that well over a year into this, those in charge are still so inconsistent and haven't seemed to learn shit. There is just too much political capital and money in this whole pandemic. Both sides of the isle are playing games with lives and money and I don't trust any of them. I got my vax, I wear a mask where I supposed to or personally choose to, but I swear this is going to be the biggest power/money grab of all time. That's not to say I think it's a hoax or anything crazy like that, but dammit man. 

Sorry, rant over, I'll mumble under my mask.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I do.  I had the astra zeneca / Oxford one. Had my second dose over a month ago 

At this moment I feel ok.  An hour or so ago I felt awful. 

I have no expectations that I'm over it.  It's a notoriously strange virus. 

Thanks good to know.  My colleague had it, she had the moderna (I have that as well).  Always curious to see what people’s experiences are.