IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think you’re right it will be the new version of the flu shot. It never seems to amaze me how as humans we constantly seem to mess up and cause havoc with the world we live in.

We all should take blame for spreading it, but the WHO did the report and it originated in Wuhan.  Either at the west market or at that lab.  It would be nice if they took some responsibility and faced some repercussions.  We all know that won’t happen.

36 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

We all should take blame for spreading it, but the WHO did the report and it originated in Wuhan.  Either at the west market or at that lab.  It would be nice if they took some responsibility and faced some repercussions.  We all know that won’t happen.

That is a drum I will beat with you all day long. Be it engineered or natural, the Chinese government treated the situation like the USSR did Chernobyl, they tried to handle it quietly internally until the genie was literally out of the bottle and had to be acknowledged.  Fucked up the world six ways to Sunday.

57 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I actually think it was man made based on my symptoms.  Weird is the best I can describe it. 

41 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

That is a drum I will beat with you all day long. Be it engineered or natural, the Chinese government treated the situation like the USSR did Chernobyl, they tried to handle it quietly internally until the genie was literally out of the bottle and had to be acknowledged.  Fucked up the world six ways to Sunday.

spot on with the chernobyl comparison.  its telling that even moderate and liberal media in the states (and medical professionals) refuse to rule out the lab theory as well.  i read in depth stuff from people who study it, they said it's completely viable.  which is absolutely disgusting.  

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

All of the leaders in the western world knew of the issue and all took too long to respond. Blood on their hands too in my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

spot on with the chernobyl comparison.  its telling that even moderate and liberal media in the states (and medical professionals) refuse to rule out the lab theory as well.  i read in depth stuff from people who study it, they said it's completely viable.  which is absolutely disgusting.  

IMHO, it's because Trump suggested it. Granted he threw so much shit against the wall for 4 years, that some of it had to stack. Law of averages, blind squirrel/acorn and such. But yeah of all the places in the world for it to originate, in the backyard of the biggest Chinese biolab that studies corona viruses...is a hell of coincidence. 

Not definitive, but one opinion..

"In conclusion, all these specific features observed in SARS-COV-2 helps scientists to rule out the idea that this pandemic caused by the novel coronavirus is the result of a man-made action that could be either engineered in the laboratory or further created as a bioweapon out of conspiracy. Recent discoveries revealed evidence of the presence of the virus around the world before it emerged in Asia. There is growing evidence of its true origin as a global organism that was waiting for favorable conditions to emerge instead of originating in China. Recent testing of sewage in Barcelona had suggested that the virus may have been present in the Spanish city in March 2019, many months before China identified the pathogen in the city of Wuhan in December 2019. Based on the results available, it is most probably that this is a natural-born virus that emerged from an animal host, most likely a bat, without any direct pieces of evidence about its intermediate host."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7982270/

20 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Palfy your double jab comment roused my curiosity.  How long do people think till it’s 3rd jab time?  

I think the double jab protection is holding up well, especially in Pfizer and Moderna. 

If they do a 3rd jab in the UK it looks like it will be more of a precaution than a necessity (at this stage).

There's an online form you need to fill in to get a hard copy of your vaccination status and a question/answer combo just seems wrong to me, am I losing it?

Question is... 

"Your letter will be in English. But we can send you information about what the letter is for in another language if you need it.

You do not need your letter in the language of the country you're travelling to."

Then obviously a yes/no answer. I don't need it in a foreigh language so the answer is surely "yes" because I don't need it in Greek. But if you answer "yes" the next page asks, "Which language do you need this information in?" and then gives a list of options.

To get past the question you have to answer "no" but surely no to "you do not need your letter in the language..." is a double negative meaning that yes, you do need it in a foreign language.

Am I going mad or is the guy who wrote the form?

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/23/1030208101/mississippi-livestock-drug-ivermectin-covid-misinformation

they don't trust the government vaccine, but will take livestock medication due to misinformation online.  and people think i'm being harsh when i say most americans are just stupid.  mississippi doing their best to prove me right here.

On 11/08/2021 at 15:26, Ghoat said:

Is the CDC reputable? They have told us both they work and they don't work. And when the whole country was wearing masks, cases still climbed. Do they work? I'm sure. How effective? I don't think there is a consensus on that at all.

However, my point was more on the fact that children, even before shots were available,  represent the very lowest percentile across the board on infections, hospitalizations and mortality rate. 

The thing about science is that you continue to gather data and you change your conclusions as you learn more. I'd lose confidence in the CDC if their recommendations did not change over time.

20 hours ago, MikeO said:

One of my daughters has tested positive, staying well away, going to Greece next week.

She's suffering a bit but fully vaccinated so not too bad.

Hope she's ok.  It took me a week or so to get over the tiredness.... I could smell cigarettes for a few weeks after.

I have noticed that my childhood asthma has sort of returned too which is concerning.  I never struggled with a cough or wheeze when I had covid. 

2 minutes ago, johnh said:

Had a cold phone call today, talking about insurance on my washing machine.  I said 'I haven't got a washing machine, we are fortunate to have a stream running past the end of our garden and we beat the clothes on the rocks.' 'Do you do insurance for if the stream runs dry'?  Click.

I don't know what that's got to do with the virus John but nice one😂

Made me think about the guy who answers a knock at the door and it's the Jehovah's Witnesses and says, "I'm glad you called round, I'm Jehovah, how are we doing?"

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I don't know what that's got to do with the virus John but nice one😂

Made me think about the guy who answers a knock at the door and it's the Jehovah's Witnesses and says, "I'm glad you called round, I'm Jehovah, how are we doing?"

Don't know how that got in this thread and I haven't had a drink yet today!  By the way, you have a good holiday Mike.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

One of my girls (and her daughter) tested positive yesterday, she has pretty massive long standing health problems as well so was warned it might hit her badly if she got it, fingers firmly crossed.

Tell her to make sure she has zinc, vit C, Vit D..... If she can take that mike. 

21 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Tell her to make sure she has zinc, vit C, Vit D..... If she can take that mike. 

Has pneumonia now as well, caught very early because she knows her body so well, so medics are confident they have her under contol; and as importantly she agrees with them. Force of nature my Sophie.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Has pneumonia now as well, caught very early because she knows her body so well, so medics are confident they have her under contol; and as importantly she agrees with them. Force of nature my Sophie.

Fingers crossed she's ok Mike.  The way they treat coronavirus now with therapeutics is far more advanced than at the begining.  I'm sure she's a chip of the old block and will kick it's arse.