IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Thanks everyone. 
Just got her home now. Not Covid thankfully, viral infection, not coping so well with the heat. She’s been monitored for a while and sent home with three doctors agreement. She currently flat out asleep on my belly, wife flat out next to me on the couch. 
She has an inhaler to help for the next few weeks if she struggles breathing. 

Thanks again everyone. If I’m cranky tomorrow (more than usual) it’s because I’ll probably not sleep tonight. 

I’m really pleased it has turned out so well a massive relief for you all I’m sure    And thanks for the warning I’ll try and avoid you for the next day 😂

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Oh mate. Thoughts with you. Hope all is ok   my wife is children's nurse and said there is lots of bronchialitus and winter bugs going round.

Hope your daughter is ok Steve. 

BBC reporting winter bugs all over the place at the moment.

Glad to hear it's nothing more serious, @StevO

26 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I now know two people who have been fully vaccinated since March/April who have recently tested positive. Both of them are fine, feeling slightly out of it, but it goes to show that the Delta variant is no joke.

I've been vaccinated since April, but I think I'm going to go back to wearing my mask anytime I'm indoors.

Same -- I started wearing my mask again. 

48 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I now know two people who have been fully vaccinated since March/April who have recently tested positive. Both of them are fine, feeling slightly out of it, but it goes to show that the Delta variant is no joke.

I've been vaccinated since April, but I think I'm going to go back to wearing my mask anytime I'm indoors.

One in every 75 people now have it over here (in England, Wales and NI are much better, Scotland about the same); but pleased to report that, even though I'm in a low risk part of the country, it's rare to see anyone without a mask. I have a test tomorrow ahead of a hospital appt on Monday but sure it'll be clear.

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

One in every 75 people now have it over here (in England, Wales and NI are much better, Scotland about the same); but please to report that, even though I'm in a low risk part of the country, it's rare to see anyone without a mask. I have a test tomorrow ahead of a hospital appt on Monday but sure it'll be clear.

So in 2 weeks it will be one in 38 then one in 16. .......

Oh well ..... The government were warned. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Latest figures released say cases  have dropped for the 4th day in a row, seriously don’t know what to believe anymore. 

Some of the scientists I follow are expecting the cases to drop a little before picking back up again. 

They seem to think that the increase was due to the football. When that finished, cases will slow a little before picking back up again as a result of the unlocking and what will likely be superspreading events like nightclubs etc.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Some of the scientists I follow are expecting the cases to drop a little before picking back up again. 

They seem to think that the increase was due to the football. When that finished, cases will slow a little before picking back up again as a result of the unlocking and what will likely be superspreading events like nightclubs etc.

We have had quite a few large sporting events quite recently as you said the football also Wimbledon Horse racing and F1 and the the freedom March last weekend on the political front.  

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

It did last time too, dip I mean. In the long run of wave 3 (12months+ I reckon) it'll be a blip. 

I'm not against the country opening up despite all my rantings. I'm against opening up and letting this population decide what is best for it when the population has proven so many times it cannot be trusted to do whats best for itself. So things like passports, enforcing masks on public transport and indoors etc are essential because otherwise you get selfish pricks and conspiracy theorists who will, and already are, endangering others. 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

"Cower from"

I find some (most) of the language used by this Government completely inappropriate. 

He's an absolute prick 

Yesterday there was a freedom rally and an ex nurse was talking about hanging drs and nurses.  Loads of people online reporting it as hate speech so hopefully she gets arrested and felt with.  Vile. 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's an absolute prick 

Yesterday there was a freedom rally and an ex nurse was talking about hanging drs and nurses.  Loads of people online reporting it as hate speech so hopefully she gets arrested and felt with.  Vile. 

You've got to wonder about people's mental capacity if they seriously think it's a hoax and that all these doctors and nurses are in on it. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

Because they have no choice they are full  of idiots. 

I think that is part of the problem with party politics. It promotes idiots.

The hard working politicians who have genuine interest in their constituents and the people of this country don't get a look in.

On 26/07/2021 at 14:32, Bailey said:

The hard working politicians who have genuine interest in their constituents and the people of this country don't get a look in.

It doesn't promote idiots. It promotes very clever people whose intelligence is a fraction of their selfishness. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Boris got rid of the best of Tory politicians because they wouldn’t back him on Brexit, time so far is proving they were right, and the upshot of all of that is the idiots we have running the country now. 

14 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Wore my mask in the grocery store yesterday, first time I've worn one inside since the middle of June. Unsurprisingly you get a few looks, as most people assume you're unvaccinated if you're wearing one. The ratio was probably 70/30, unmasked vs masked

Still 90% of people wearing them where I am, but I've taken the decision not to anymore. As you guys know me wearing one was always for appearance only anyway as I have no airflow through mouth/nose, I've written an explanatory note which I always carry in case I'm challeneged but not had to show it yet.