IGNORED

Samuel Chukwueze

• 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He won't go for anywhere near that amount, if he goes at all.

Perhaps, but this isn't Barcelona or a Ligue 1 team.  Villareal have no financial need to sell.  Guess all I'm saying is he won't be cheap.

https://www.villarrealusa.com/2020/7/30/21347457/villarreal-fiances-debt-news-latest-transfers-fernando-roig-leganes-real-madrid-eibar-celta-vigo

3 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

According to the article:

"The tricky winger has also been linked with United and Liverpool in the past and has a £71million release clause in his contract which expires in 2023."

Um, perdon?  We aint' in that market.

in spain they are required to have release clauses, so all of them are outrageous.  they don't mean anything, you negotiate and the player agrees to forgo the clause or something like that.  i feel like i remember @Zoo 2.0 educating us on the matter at one point but i can't find the post.  not sure if i got it right, feel free to correct/admonish me Zoo

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

in spain they are required to have release clauses, so all of them are outrageous.  they don't mean anything, you negotiate and the player agrees to forgo the clause or something like that.  i feel like i remember @Zoo 2.0 educating us on the matter at one point but i can't find the post.  not sure if i got it right, feel free to correct/admonish me Zoo

That's correct, in Spain there is a mandatory release clause inserted into every players contact, effectively meaning that they always have the option to leave - although as you can imagine release clauses are massively inflated there so that they are practically unachievable, even if the player in question has a good season(s) and has an inflation in his value - Griezmann for example has a clause of around €800m, with Benzema famous for having the highest clause of the league at €1bn. 

In the grand scheme of things they mean very little, if the Spanish club is happy to sell they will negotiate a fee, the release clauses are high to protect themselves from losing someone on the cheap. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that detail in the sense of us potentially signing Chukwueze.

• 1 year later...

Moshri asked for the club to be judged at the end of the window....I am sure some will still not want to give him an ounce of credit - and while KT and Lamps deserve the vast majority of the credit I'd say Moshri has also don't his part...firstly by putting the right talent in the right roles, give them the resources they need and then staying out of their bloody way. That's what good CEOs do (yes I know he's not a CEO). 

results are what count of course. These players could also fail to live up to the hype like many before them.

Time will tell.

Just now, Goodison Glory said:

Moshri asked for the club to be judged at the end of the window....I am sure some will still not want to give him an ounce of credit - and while KT and Lamps deserve the vast majority of the credit I'd say Moshri has also don't his part...firstly by putting the right talent in the right roles, give them the resources they need and then staying out of their bloody way. That's what good CEOs do (yes I know he's not a CEO). 

results are what count of course. These players could also fail to live up to the hype like many before them.

Time will tell.

Looks like Moshiri is doing what people have asked of him for quite some time. 
Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. 

12 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Big number for the permanent. Someone educate me on him please.

I've seen a bit of Villareal and what I've seen of him, he's a real live wire. Direct, tricky, pacey. As with any winger he has a tendency to drift in and out of games, but the potential is there for him to be an excellent addition.

Quietly excited about this if true

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

Looks like Moshiri is doing what people have asked of him for quite some time. 
Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. 

Plenty of criticism for Moshiri but when we’ve been able to spend he has spent. Some would say too much and too recklessly. This window seems much more thoughtful with a clear idea of what we need.

26 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Time will tell.

Not sure he can take any more credit than usual. His saving grace has been his willingness to put his hand in his pocket. The question for me is are these his signings or not. But I'm quietly optimistic that they're not and he may have finally learnt. Maybe. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure he can take any more credit than usual. His saving grace has been his willingness to put his hand in his pocket. The question for me is are these his signings or not. But I'm quietly optimistic that they're not and he may have finally learnt. Maybe. 

If they aren’t it’s because he’s allowed the football people to make these decisions. That should have always been the case but it’s still learning from one’s mistakes which should be acknowledged.

5 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

If they aren’t it’s because he’s allowed the football people to make these decisions. That should have always been the case but it’s still learning from one’s mistakes which should be acknowledged.

It's a big if considering the history though, and only time will tell if its the case (and if the footballing people actually know what they're doing!)

1 minute ago, Matt said:

It's a big if considering the history though, and only time will tell if its the case (and if the footballing people actually know what they're doing!)

True but given that I think they’ve mostly hit these last few windows on a limited budget I’m willing to be hopeful 

One of the you tube vids is a bit of a mixed bag. On one hand he looks like he has electric pace and a very direct attacker but on the other hand several of the clips had him running down dead alleys or with little/no end product....not something you'd put in a highlight reel. 

it's a yes from me though.

half already paid for as well (thank you Juve - kean money)