• Fabian Delph
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Allan
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • James Rodríguez
    • Richarlison
    • André Gomes
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson

Pickford for me. Without that save we dont get a point and our season could spiral worse.
Thought Mina was good, although i missed the first 35 minutes. Notcied after Woods chance (pickfords save) that Mina seemed to be picking him up and winning, some good last ditch tackles. Doucoure was good. James could have had a goal and should have had an assist from Gylfi so cant complain. Iwobi - unlucky at the end with some poor crosses but in general he was excellent with delivery.

Defense needs sorting. Carlo needs to get control of this. How the fuck he selected Delph is what concerns me, we can all see it, other teams can see it so why.

Thought once we went back to a back four it was like the shackles had been removed from our team. We had the numbers in midfield, Doucoure, Allan and Gomes looked like players reborn. James had more space and time, Gomes was picking passes out. Yes Iwobi was not as much as a threat as he had to do more defending, but the players looked so much more at ease in that system.

I thought both Keane and Mina were very good and both Godfrey and Iwobi did ok, although against better sides they would be horribly exposed. If Kenny is not good enough and needs to be sold and Niels is not ready then we need to bolster those positions in January if possible.

James is never going to be much help defensively and having more bodies in midfield gives us a better chance of controlling games. I think Ritchy is due to score a few soon and DCL is just immense. 

I remain positive and trust in Carlo Magnifico.

19 hours ago, London Blue said:

Thought once we went back to a back four it was like the shackles had been removed from our team. We had the numbers in midfield, Doucoure, Allan and Gomes looked like players reborn. James had more space and time, Gomes was picking passes out. Yes Iwobi was not as much as a threat as he had to do more defending, but the players looked so much more at ease in that system.

I thought both Keane and Mina were very good and both Godfrey and Iwobi did ok, although against better sides they would be horribly exposed. If Kenny is not good enough and needs to be sold and Niels is not ready then we need to bolster those positions in January if possible.

James is never going to be much help defensively and having more bodies in midfield gives us a better chance of controlling games. I think Ritchy is due to score a few soon and DCL is just immense. 

I remain positive and trust in Carlo Magnifico.

Pretty much all of this. 

It feels negative, but against Chelsea I’d give Godfrey another go at left back and maybe Holgate at right back. But I feel like Tony Pulis suggesting play with four centre halves. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Pretty much all of this. 

It feels negative, but against Chelsea I’d give Godfrey another go at left back and maybe Holgate at right back. But I feel like Tony Pulis suggesting play with four centre halves. 

I dont think that you can realistically do anything else. Chelsea are lethal from set pieces having the extra size and defensive mindset will be important. 

Playing at full back against Chelsea will be a very different game to playing it against Burnley though!