IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Saturday 12 December

markjazzbassist

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Waited for the 'keeper to commit and then passed it in the other side. What's not to like?

Unless he sees things in slow motion I can't see how.  Gave him the eyes and he went - it's not a certainty as the keeper can adjust his weight and spring the other way. 

I'll take it

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Unless he sees things in slow motion I can't see how.  Gave him the eyes and he went - it's not a certainty as the keeper can adjust his weight and spring the other way. 

I'll take it

Don't think I've ever seen a goalkeeper adjust their weight and spring the other way mid-save at a penalty, but OK. 

It's all a bit of a false conversation really, like Panenka penalties when they go in they look fantastic but can (and should) be criticised when they don't. Gylfi scored, so he could have backflipped during his run-up for all I care. 

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Don't think I've ever seen a goalkeeper adjust their weight and spring the other way mid-save at a penalty, but OK. 

It's all a bit of a false conversation really, like Panenka penalties when they go in they look fantastic but can (and should) be criticised when they don't. Gylfi scored, so he could have backflipped during his run-up for all I care. 

Unless Gylfi can assess the weight shift of a keeper as it being a move to that way to dive or that way to bounce and spring from then it's guesswork.

Otherwise he would have a perfect penno conversion rate and he doesn't. 

Popped up from behind the sofa and were doing OK, haven’t really looked threatened apart from the shot Pickford pushed on to the post. We seem to be collectively playing well, Richarlison is the main one misfiring, he looks short of confidence in front of goal, as soon as he does pop one in he will be back to his most dangerous.

Need to keep our shape and hold our nerve.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Happy with that. 

same.  i'm painting some cabinet doors while watching the match so admittedly not paying super close attention, but we are defending very well and are up 1-0.  4 CB's (large ones at that) guarding the back, they will have a hard time getting through us.  COYB

ps - the cabinet doors are blue :)

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

same.  i'm painting some cabinet doors while watching the match so admittedly not paying super close attention, but we are defending very well and are up 1-0.  4 CB's (large ones at that) guarding the back, they will have a hard time getting through us.  COYB

ps - the cabinet doors are blue :)

Whaaaaat ?

Get a grip man, painting can wait.