IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Monday 8 March

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Figured we would be incredibly lucky to get a point tonight, and that seems to be true. Fair play to Chelsea, they're really looking strong lately and we've been played off the pitch.

Still surprised we had members on here who didn't think they were quality

To be fair their 2 goals have been mostly our own doing for all the ball they have had 

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Figured we would be incredibly lucky to get a point tonight, and that seems to be true. Fair play to Chelsea, they're really looking strong lately and we've been played off the pitch.

Still surprised we had members on here who didn't think they were quality

Pickford mistake and holgate/iwobi mistake.  Not like they are carving us up.  We beat ourselves .  I still don’t rate them

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Pissed because they aren’t that good. We are missing key players and the ones in the lineup instead haven’t stepped up (holgate/iwobi).  Just need to nick one here and get the momentum 

Oh you're the one who I was referring to. Still so confused why you don't rate them, they're been absolutely class for the last few weeks

Said days ago that Chelsea were brilliant, no surprise that they are playing us off the park here at home. 

People really need to be realistic with their expectations, we're nowhere at their level (yet). If we bounce back against Burnley at the weekend then no reasons to panic IMO, despite what others have said in this thread.

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

Said days ago that Chelsea were brilliant, no surprise that they are playing us off the park here at home. 

People really need to be realistic with their expectations, we're nowhere at their level (yet). If we bounce back against Burnley at the weekend then no reasons to panic IMO, despite what others have said in this thread.

Behind City and United they're the best in the league, easily. 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford mistake and holgate/iwobi mistake.  Not like they are carving us up.  We beat ourselves .  I still don’t rate them

They are on a completely different level to us, we have never been in this game, they have had us chasing shadows all night

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Behind City and United they're the best in the league, easily. 

I think that if Chelsea played United ten times in a row they'd win more than they lose, they've got a better squad and a better manager. What you have to remember is that Chelsea are like this when Tuchel has been in post for two minutes - give him the summer and he will only make them better. 

They won't topple City, but are nailed on 2nd next season if Liverpool don't get their act together.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pissed because they aren’t that good. We are missing key players and the ones in the lineup instead haven’t stepped up (holgate/iwobi).  Just need to nick one here and get the momentum 

They don't look flash, but they are very solid (still to lose a single goal at home since Touchel took charge) but still have quality players all over the pitch. They are in veey much in form, and i think will finish second. Efficient german way!! 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I thought Gomes did alright on the whole today. He looked up for it.

Brilliant work from Allan on Mount. Kept at it.

I think his energy was fine but his passing looked like Digne’s to me. Kept passing behind players and forcing them to adjust, killing attacks.

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I think that if Chelsea played United ten times in a row they'd win more than they lose, they've got a better squad and a better manager. What you have to remember is that Chelsea are like this when Tuchel has been in post for two minutes - give him the summer and he will only make them better. 

They won't topple City, but are nailed on 2nd next season if Liverpool don't get their act together.

I think Chelsea are just a couple too many touches away from cutting teams open like City. Quite a few times in this game if they had taken 1 or 2 touches instead of 3 or 4 they would have cut through us.