IGNORED

Patson Daka

On 08/08/2023 at 20:55, Hafnia said:

Chelsea forums weren’t particularly positive about Salah. Around the same as as Daka when he managed to tighten up his game to go with pace. 

Maybe so but not performing for a team fighting relegation is very different from a team trying to win the league!

Salah under Klopp is very different to a Salah under Mourinho as well fwiw. Im not sure a Daka under Rodgers is worse than a  Daka under Dyche?

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Maybe so but not performing for a team fighting relegation is very different from a team trying to win the league!

Salah under Klopp is very different to a Salah under Mourinho as well fwiw. Im not sure a Daka under Rodgers is worse than a  Daka under Dyche?

Not sure it makes any difference whatsoever, pressure is more on players facing relegation. 

Rogers used Daka mainly away from home. 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Not sure it makes any difference whatsoever, pressure is more on players facing relegation. 

Rogers used Daka mainly away from home. 

Makes a massive difference. The subtleties of man management can change things from stressful to exciting for a player. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Makes a massive difference. The subtleties of man management can change things from stressful to exciting for a player. 

So you would agree with me that like Salah, a previously rough round the edges pacey forward who at 24 didn’t set the prem slight despite showing immense promise at their previous club?  That daka could just need the season or do to adjust? 

Salah exploded at fiorentina, Roma, and Liverpool. 

Rodger’s used daka as a workhorse to defend from front instead of using his pace for attack, 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So you would agree with me that like Salah, a previously rough round the edges pacey forward who at 24 didn’t set the prem slight despite showing immense promise at their previous club?  That daka could just need the season or do to adjust? 

I've no idea, but I do know that a manager can make or break a player. Relegation fighting is also not the same situation as challenging for Europe, but some thrive under the pressure of potential relegation and some crumble at the prospect of winning a title. It's really impossible to judge. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Dyche would sort that out. 

What was the 1 thing he was good at and what is the 1 thing we don't have?

Very Good point, since Unsworth left finch farm they are struggling to use up the food in the canteen. 

seriously Matt, he’s always been a good finisher but ffs he’s as mobile as an oil tanker now. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Very Good point, since Unsworth left finch farm they are struggling to use up the food in the canteen. 

seriously Matt, he’s always been a good finisher but ffs he’s as mobile as an oil tanker now. 

Oh I know mate. He'd have to shed half his body weight but with our current management, if they brought him in, they'd get him fit again before Christmas and then we'd only have to argue about his hold-up play and why that's not his role :P

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh I know mate. He'd have to shed half his body weight but with our current management, if they brought him in, they'd get him fit again before Christmas and then we'd only have to argue about his hold-up play and why that's not his role :P

Mind you, now he's built like an oil tanker, he'd be great covering in defence.

Daka wasn’t on the bench on Saturday despite being fit (according to the Leicester fan I know) - they went for 2 goalkeepers instead. They think he’s definitely off somewhere with us being the main link. Bambi on ice and worse than Maupay was the feedback I’ve received but that is probably full of bitterness with them going down and losing all their players!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, c1982 said:

You do realise that we’re probably not after all of these strikers we’ve been linked to?! £25m - more than what they paid originally and his stock’s gone massively down - probably not accurate but I’d rather not!

We need a striker so agents/ the media will make up ‘makes sense’ stories… the Daily Fail are notoriously shite for anything Everton - well anything really.

I won’t say chill the fuck out as we’re all disheartened but don’t read every link as gospel as it’ll do no good for you 👍🏼

No I’m not bothered if we sign anyone in fact I hope we don’t now I’d rather take a couple of loans. 
we need a centre back as much as a striker.