IGNORED

Euro 2021

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'd agree with that ......  When England played Montenegro is was appalling - monkey chants aimed at our players.  Nothing worse than that is there? 

Racist chants or being assaulted? Neither are exactly nice, but being punched feels worse to me. 

23 minutes ago, StevO said:

Anyway; Who’s on penalties if it goes to a shoot out though?

I think they genuinely said that Pickford was one of the five, he took (and scored) a penalty against Switzerland in the Nations League so does have the technique.

I'd expect Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling, Mason Mount, Jordan Pickford, John Stones, Jack Grealish and Marcus Rashford to be some of the main names mentioned.

I'm in full training for the game, have twiglets and dry roasted peanuts packs open and primed, in fact I just reached for a twiglet without looking and didn't realise until it reached my mouth that I'd erroneously picked up a peanut. My taste buds were taken by surprise.

Conundrum I have is not owning an England shirt, was going to substitute it with my 2019 England rugby shirt but then it dawned on me that we lost the World Cup final wearing that, so I'm conflicted. Josh has dusted off his rather splendid example...

P1000260.JPG

"Kieran Trippier will start for England in tonight’s Euro 2020 final with Italy at Wembley, BBC Sport understands.

It had been thought Gareth Southgate would name an unchanged line-up from the semi-final win over Denmark, when Trippier was on the bench.

But the Atletico Madrid man will be in Southgate’s starting line-up as England revert to wing-backs and a back three as they look to become European Champions for the first time.

England XI: Pickford, Trippier, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw, Rice, Phillips, Sterling, Mount, Kane."

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m addition, I saw a news report the other day about how much domestic violence increases when England play. Even more so when England lose, but even when they win. Absolutely baffles me. 

Alcohol + tribalism = bad things

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"Kieran Trippier will start for England in tonight’s Euro 2020 final with Italy at Wembley, BBC Sport understands.

It had been thought Gareth Southgate would name an unchanged line-up from the semi-final win over Denmark, when Trippier was on the bench.

But the Atletico Madrid man will be in Southgate’s starting line-up as England revert to wing-backs and a back three as they look to become European Champions for the first time.

England XI: Pickford, Trippier, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw, Rice, Phillips, Sterling, Mount, Kane."

Not sure about trippier....

It is going to be all about how often we get Sterling and Saka up against Chiellini and Bonucci. 

I don't think there is any doubt that Italy have played the better football in the tournament but the old boys at the back will be shitting themselves at the thought of being 1 v 1 against either of those two. 

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It is going to be all about how often we get Sterling and Saka up against Chiellini and Bonucci. 

I don't think there is any doubt that Italy have played the better football in the tournament but the old boys at the back will be shitting themselves at the thought of being 1 v 1 against either of those two. 

8 defensive players starting.... Saka should start over Trippier

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m addition, I saw a news report the other day about how much domestic violence increases when England play. Even more so when England lose, but even when they win. Absolutely baffles me. 

Yeah, that's true. I didn't realise it myself and was a bit horrified. When my wife was in labour there was a sign in the hospital saying that domestic abuse goes up around 52% (if I remember correctly) when England play. 

As much as I do consider football life and death, I wouldn't be doing any of that shite which is just plain wrong.