IGNORED

Euro 2021

There are many reasons England didn’t win that game, but Italy are a damn good side. They conceded early and then slowly pulled the game back in their favour. They were the better team on the night and could have beaten us in 90 minutes. They were the best team in the tournament. I’m gutted we lost, but we lost to the best team out there. 

This England team can grow. When any of these players turn up at Goodison next season I’ll be on my feet clapping them onto the pitch. I hope they can go one step further in Qatar. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

There are many reasons England didn’t win that game, but Italy are a damn good side. They conceded early and then slowly pulled the game back in their favour. They were the better team on the night and could have beaten us in 90 minutes. They were the best team in the tournament. I’m gutted we lost, but we lost to the best team out there. 

Honestly, England would have lost to either Spain or Belgium also. Without home advantage, they would have lost to others, too. I know some will not like to hear this, but it's how I feel. They are not yet top-notch.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

This England team can grow.

It's a comparatively young team, which does leave room for improvement. It takes time to climb to the top and stay there. This is what I'm hoping Everton will do: Build a solid young team and grow from there.

Gutted for you all. I didn't get to catch it live, just watched the replay. Jordan was immense. Hopefully he can carry that into the season and the shootout loss doesn't affect his mentality. 

I'm very worried about what the backlash is going to be from the awful English fans (obviously not you all.) The three penalty misses were all from Black players, and I just fear for what sort of abuse they're going to suffer for this.

53 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Gutted for you all. I didn't get to catch it live, just watched the replay. Jordan was immense. Hopefully he can carry that into the season and the shootout loss doesn't affect his mentality.

He's the brightest star in the England team, and it wouldn't have been a surprise to see him receive the 'player of the tournament' award.