IGNORED

Euro 2021

Brilliant game there. Feel sorry for Spain, I thought they were incredible in that game and should have won in the 90 minutes.

Italian were excellent as well though. Full of character and they looked well up for it in the penalties. Its as though they believe it is their year. 

On 03/07/2021 at 17:37, MikeO said:

I agree that it's not a situation you somehow put right by throwing money at her, but seemingly all efforts to contact the family have failed, which says to me that the family don't want to be found given the level of publicity around it. The guy running it has said if they aren't, or don't want to be, contacted then he'll donate the money to "a relevant good cause" which would seem to me to be the most satisfactory outcome.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57743923

We are extremely pleased that the family at the heart of this appeal have been found. They have very kindly given us this statement:

“In the interests of our daughter and our family we would like to remain private however we wish to thank everyone for your amazing support. Our daughter would like to request your generous donations go to UNICEF, knowing that your kindness will do good.”

It is testament to the family’s spirit of kindness and belief that society is better when people are kinder to one another, that they have extremely generously chosen to donate this gift in its entirety to UNICEF. As a result, the legacy of the support from thousands of donors is that thousands of children from around the world will benefit through UNICEF’s work.

None of this would have been possible without the actions of one man taking a stand against hate in football. Thanks to Joel, thousands of people from across the UK and Germany were able to show their support for the campaign and for fans from across the other side of the pitch. Joel adds:

"I am beyond grateful to all the supporters of this campaign without whose help we would not be where we are today - from the bottom of my heart, I thank you! Thanks also to all the warm messages of support from around the UK, Europe, and as far away as Japan. Huge thanks to the JustGiving team for all their invaluable help, and to UNICEF as the worthy charity chosen by the family. Finally, I would like to give special thanks to the family at the heart of this campaign, their grace, courage, and generosity is an inspiration."

Glad that it has gone to a charity such as UNICEF, makes the mockery at least worthwhile as it's going to an organisation that really does change lives. 

I obviously don't know whether it's true or not, and wouldn't like to speculate especially as the matter is in police hands but tweets from an account resembling the man that has started the petition (unconfirmed whether real or fake to my knowledge) are beyond vile, with serious hints towards paedophilia.

24 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Glad that it has gone to a charity such as UNICEF, makes the mockery at least worthwhile as it's going to an organisation that really does change lives. 

I obviously don't know whether it's true or not, and wouldn't like to speculate especially as the matter is in police hands but tweets from an account resembling the man that has started the petition (unconfirmed whether real or fake to my knowledge) are beyond vile, with serious hints towards paedophilia.

Wow! 

That football tournament though hey? 😂