IGNORED

Euro 2021

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Saka and Grealish have been great. 

The rest have largely been the same as the other night. 

I would love to see us drop one of Phillips or Rice and get Bellingham on the pitch. 

Well, close. We get Henderson. Not sure which of these is the most appropriate:

:huh:

:doh:

:rolleyes:

That was a better performance, no doubt about it, but it is still below what we are capable of. 

Maguire and Stones played very well, the former having a good game and made a big difference compared to Mings.

The midfield two still aren't right for me. I thought Henderson made a difference and Phillips was a lot better and more comfortable playing deeper. They would be the two to start the next game. It was a cautious but good decision from Southgate IMO. 

The front 4 were better but still lacked a bit of something. I think it stems from not being dominant enough. Saka has to start for me, Grealish too. Saka is a less talented but far smarter Sterling.  I would stick Foden left ahead of Sterling and then you have 4 brilliant footballers up top. It means Mount (and Sterling) drop out but they are very good player from the bench if it isnt working.

England have been lucky to be in a weak group and to be playing every game at home; otherwise, they would have struggled to make it out of the group round. Frankly, they are boring, predictable, and uninspiring. The only bright spot is seeing the confidence with which Pickford is playing.

As for the next round, go Wales!

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Looking forward to my divorce roughly 20 minutes after the England vs. Portugal game finishes.

Are you really going to be that bothered when England get beat though? I find it difficult to feel much of anything because they're incredibly hard to like and to get behind. I've honestly enjoyed watching North Macedonia more than I have England.

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Are you really going to be that bothered when England get beat though? I find it difficult to feel much of anything because they're incredibly hard to like and to get behind. I've honestly enjoyed watching North Macedonia more than I have England.

It's like Groundhog Day with England mate, at the start of the tournament I'm like a kid on Christmas Day and then we play our first game, the same problems persist and I end up getting more enjoyment out of the likes of Italy, France etc. 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Right, we'd like Hungary next please, so they need to beat Germany (could happen:unsure:) and France need to beat Portugal. Bring on the Magyars!

I’d be fairly confident that we will beat Germany if we get them on Tuesday, we haven’t been playing to our best but neither have the Germans, difference being I believe we have a better group of players to turn it around than Germans have.